Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Metro Last Light Review

This is a discussion on Metro Last Light Review within the Game Reviews forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Originally Posted by Hitmanchan This is a public form, with a review available to the public for reading and commenting ...

Aussie Furry, Bitch

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Quote Originally Posted by Hitmanchan View Post
    This is a public form, with a review available to the public for reading and commenting on. If you are complacent with the review, then read it and keep moving. There are others that don't feel the same way, and I see nothing wrong with the criticism we've provided. It'd be one thing if we were saying stuff like "This review is bullshit" or "Learn to write, motherfucker"; that's whining. I, and at least one other person, have presented legitimate issues with the review. We didn't diverge on other topics, and mentioned nothing even remotely tangential. Everything we've stated was pertinent and to the point. Perhaps it's this tough criticism that will get the Review Team to start taking the reveiws more seriously. I can't say everyone on the team is a culprit, but some could stand for some better workmaship.

Every review that goes up on this site gets the typical "Great review, man" or "Good job on the review". If we're being honest here, not every review that goes up on this site is good/great.
    You're more than welcome to provide criticism and opinions, as long as they have a proper foundation. You're the only one who actually contributed properly thus far. However, if people are going to nit-pick at little; insignificant 'issues' that are based on opinion such as the gratuitous nudity, you can expect to get ignored.

Also, to reply to your earlier comment, all spelling errors that were pointed out (as far as I can see) were fixed. I never go ahead with putting a review out unless everything is at least given attention. I'm even the one who publishes them, anyway.

I take my reviews pretty damn seriously. Maybe others could care to do the same.

Synthwave <3

Nice review, Kerwan. I've already heard great things about the game but now I'm lookng forward to playing it even more. Hopefully I can get it sometime soon from Gamefly!

Sig by PixieofDarkness
    Platbar by djunglist

My trophy checklist

Latest :

The Last of Us

XCON: Enemy Without Bail

Quote Originally Posted by Hitmanchan View Post
    This is a public form, with a review available to the public for reading and commenting on. If you are complacent with the review, then read it and keep moving. There are others that don't feel the same way, and I see nothing wrong with the criticism we've provided. It'd be one thing if we were saying stuff like "This review is bullshit" or "Learn to write, motherfucker"; that's whining. I, and at least one other person, have presented legitimate issues with the review. We didn't diverge on other topics, and mentioned nothing even remotely tangential. Everything we've stated was pertinent and to the point. Perhaps it's this tough criticism that will get the Review Team to start taking the reveiws more seriously. I can't say everyone on the team is a culprit, but some could stand for some better workmaship.

Every review that goes up on this site gets the typical "Great review, man" or "Good job on the review". If we're being honest here, not every review that goes up on this site is good/great.

I will agree not every review is without flaws on this site, i would call excess enthusiasm of a game enjoyed on this one, it takes balls to review anything in detail and i felt there was plenty of important detail in this review despite the odd niggles in grammar and phrasing.
    Your opinion was not exactly knuckle draggingly insulting Hitman, i just dislike the overly critical nature of it. Again it's an opinion, on another opinion, we could go on forever with that nonsense, no one has to agree but it doesn't make either of us wrong or right.

Also, to take an average of reviews on this site, it's pretty high, there are, as you point out, some who could use a boost from time to time yet i cannot say anyone is below a good standard for free reviews.

Aussie Furry, Bitch

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Quote Originally Posted by Larrydavidsavatar View Post
    I will agree not every review is without flaws on this site, i would call excess enthusiasm of a game enjoyed on this one, it takes balls to review anything in detail and i felt there was plenty of important detail in this review despite the odd niggles in grammar and phrasing.
    Your opinion was not exactly knuckle draggingly insulting Hitman, i just dislike the overly critical nature of it. Again it's an opinion, on another opinion, we could go on forever with that nonsense, no one has to agree but it doesn't make either of us wrong or right.

Also, to take an average of reviews on this site, it's pretty high, there are, as you point out, some who could use a boost from time to time yet i cannot say anyone is below a good standard for free reviews.
    That's pretty much the most neutral way to handle it...but probably the best way, too.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Great review, i wrote a review for the game on another site.

I gave it a 10/10 did not run into any problems.

Davey, move on. If you don't like his opinion then make your own review.

Latest : #112 / RAYMAN: Origins [VITA]

Trophy Guide Kitten

Im gonna close this review if the shit doesn't stop. How do we all like that?

K? Thanks
    Last edited by Compalicious; 06-08-2013 at 09:58 PM.
    K? Thanks

Rangers F.C

Just finished the game, its an excellent game . The only thing for me is its way too linear, I think the game would have been 100 times better if it were open world but this game is still first class . I have said it before but I want this kind of atmosphere in Fallout 4 and with it being a next gen title it should be more than possible .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Really, MLL is a very good game, in all aspects. However, enemy AI is not "intelligent" after all. They walk 4 ft from Artyom and cannot see him (lights on, inclusive) 9/10.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I got this game for free (thanks PS+). It's one of those games I wouldn't spend money for but am nonetheless pleased to play it when I can get it for free. The game, its atmosphere and story starts out really great but now as I'm half way through it loses much of its strength.

For me the graphics, especially the weather effects and their reflect on your mask, are an eye candy and I haven't encountered any bigger technical problems but the gameplay get's quite lame as you progress. I decided to do my stealth playthrough first and enemies really seem to be blind. If you're not in any light source you can stay right in front of them and they won't notice you. Also enemies nearby won't react to the sound when you knock an enemy out. The knock out animation is the same every time which gets sort of silly after a while. Imagine in GTA the animation how you pull someone out of the car would be the same everytime or some really old game where you shoot someone and they fall to the ground exactly the same every time. Lame.

There were about five stealth sections so far and none of them proofed to be any hard. Just run anywhere where it's dark and knock the enemies out or simply leave them be. Stealth is ridiculously easy compared to any other game with stealth elemens. The mutant fights also started out ok in the beginning but after being half through the game you'll realize that (almost) each encounter is just ~20 monsters of the same type running up to you from all directions to kill you melee while you're playing Serious Sam with your gun.

Also the level design is not always the best. Who'd guess that after sneaking through a series of big rooms the only exit to the last one is behind a giant fan that you must deactivate first? It's not even obvious that you can pass through the fan after you deactivated it and the animation while going through is custom, you can't simply walk below it. Well I looked for it for ten minutes in this room and that was after I switched the button to deactivate it, and just after I passed through it the fan started to spin again, very coincidental... In another part I was stuck with a rail car on the railways. There were few dead ends nearby and in turned out that the way out was to switch the rails to another track. However as my rail car was stopped on the rail switch I couldn't interact with the switch control and it was not obvious that it could be used at all. I discovered the solution only when I checked for the walkthrough on youtube, so I went a few meters back with the rail car and voila, suddenly I could use the rail switch controls.

As said above I'm still on my stealth playthrough (for the human enemies) so it might be that shooting my way through will prove to be more interesting. Anyway the story is still entertaining and after each level I'm waiting for what comes next and which parts of the post-apocalyptic world am I going to see, so if you can get it for cheap I'd definitely pick it up. It's a short-acting entertainment and an easy platinum while not feeling to cheap. Basically you're standard shooter/adventure game that requires ~2 playthroughs and has no online or difficulty related trophies.

As to say something productive about the official review, I wouldn't give this game a 9/10 (rather something like 7) and I doubt that the majority of people would rate it this high but a review is always subjective and should be accepted as an opinion. Instead of leaving rude comments it might be actually wise to post a second review if you're impression of a game is quite the opposite. Might be easier for people to make up their minds about a game this way.
    Last edited by i667090375202107; 02-20-2014 at 05:05 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12