Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

The Last of Us Review

This is a discussion on The Last of Us Review within the Game Reviews forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; I know its late ... but dayyeem .. nice review FAUST. The game is truly epic. I thought no story ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I know its late ... but dayyeem .. nice review FAUST. The game is truly epic.

I thought no story could get better than Red Dead Redemption (haven't played Bioshock yet) but I'm head over heels for The Last Of Us. The minor faults/flaws in this game can easily be forgiven since the script is so well written, the voice acting is fantastic and the game play is brilliant.

PRO Member

Awesome review...... Totally shit game

PRO Member

Fucking hell, it cracks me up everytime a 10/10 score is given, simply for the confusion and "ermagerd nerthing is perferct" opinions given about the review.

Great review though, a unique and less in-your-face writing style compared to what I'm used to on here but I liked it, keep it up

Quote Originally Posted by AlecDawesome View Post
    Nice review I agree with the score but not the sub-scores. I'd say technical deserves less than 9.5 due to the frequent glitches.
    Frequent glitches? I saw a colour filter render pop in once during the full game, and my PS3 runs like a piece of shit these days (L.A Noire plus a warm summer fucked it over)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I'm sorry, but this game is severely overrated. People calling it the greatest game of the generation are highly exaggerating. I take issue specifically with the clunky controls, AI issues, decent visuals at best, too "grimdark" artistic style, copious amounts of filler, predictable, boring story, the fact that it added nothing that hasn't been done before, and repetitive "puzzles" (if you could call them that). I mean, everyone can say how amazing the character development was, but I just didn't feel like the game was fun, I felt like the game was actively fighting me in regards to the clunky controls and forced walking.

I know some of you are going to say "go play CoD," or something like that, and my issue isn't that I need to be doing something at all times, I just feel that the game slows you down to pad the gameplay time a little. I'm not saying that it's a bad game by any means, but it isn't even the best game to come out this year (that honor goes to BioShock Infinite), let alone this generation.
    Clunky controls? Forced walking? Too "grimdark"?

Whilst you might have felt that way (for some unknown reason) about those sections, the game wouldn't be the same without it. I found the controls fluid, a nice little touch for the slower sections was allowing me to press triangle to open doors before I got there, kept me immersed compared to have to stand an inch away from the door to interact. If the controls were quicker/more fluid it'd completely ruin the immersion of the game, I couldn't stand to watch this game being played like a 12 year old sprinting through CoD after drinking his first ever energy drink. It needs to be that speed.

The forced walking works because without it the game just wouldn't work IMO. Imagine if it was much shorter but just complete blockbuster movie style action, scene after scene. It'd be shit.

The over the top darkness of the game also helps the game, without that it'd feel like simply a slower paced adventure game (In the mould of tomb raider/uncharted)

Huge spoiler:

Toggle Spoiler

One thing I almost agree with you about is Bioshock, I prefered the trippy-bollocks story, but I can't pick between the games. But I do worry that it'll be forgotten about now this is out, and with the pending dominance of GTA V

Rangers F.C

I got this a few days ago and think it is a fantastic game, so far . The setting and play are fantastic, I am still not sure if its the best game this gen but would say for sure its better than Bioshock Infinite, Infinite's story was amazing but the game was not as enjoyable IMO .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Will Love you for Food

Great review, I burrowed the game from a friend about 2 weeks ago and it was pretty great. Didn't get a chance to play multiplayer, but the story and game were awesome, a little repetetive, but playing it all day isn't the best with this game. It's weird, because the engine and mechanics to this game are pretty similar to Uncharted, and I just did not care for Uncharted games, but this was really good. 8.5/10 for me.

Kiwi Defender

A second opinion, made by Kerwin, has been added.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Rangers F.C

I am a fair bit into the game now ( reached the medical facility ) and I am convinced this game probably is the best game on PS3 . I only checked the review scores at first but have now read it, its a fine review . Game 10/10 review 10/10

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    I am a fair bit into the game now ( reached the medical facility ) and I am convinced this game probably is the best game on PS3 . I only checked the review scores at first but have now read it, its a fine review . Game 10/10 review 10/10
    I just finished the game and to be honest the ending sucks, I was expecting a big, epic, grand finale, so I don't spoil it for anyone else I will not say any more but it was a big disappointment . My finale score of the game is 8/10

Let Me Watch

I just finished the game and to be honest the ending sucks, I was expecting a big, epic, grand finale, so I don't spoil it for anyone else I will not say any more but it was a big disappointment . My finale score of the game is 8/10
    You go from a 10 to an 8 just because of the ending?
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

"I went from the slums of hell to paradise in heaven, from a sling shot to a wall of Mac 11's"

The Bushiest Pig

A big, epic, grand finale would have been to cliche ...... every game does it now. I like the ending because it's not any of that.
    1st Place - VITA Trophy Guide of the Year, 2012 - Uncharted: Golden Abyss

2nd Place - CB Personality of the Year, 2011

2nd Place - DLC Trophy Guide of the Year, 2011 - Call of Duty: Black Ops Rezurrection

Kid, not loser

The ending was EPIC

Toggle Spoiler

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

Rangers F.C

Bit harsh on the score but it was exactly what I thought would happen, when I was hoping it would do something else .

Quote Originally Posted by Kid_Loser View Post
    The ending was EPIC

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Kid, not loser

Bit harsh on the score but it was exactly what I thought would happen, when I was hoping it would do something else .

Toggle Spoiler

Understandable but...

Toggle Spoiler

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

Rangers F.C

Was at work and started thinking about all the other stuff in the game, you are right its 9.5/10 lol, still not keen on the end though .

PRO Member

Excellent review.

Lvl 7 - Gold

please tell me i'm not the only one who absolutely was glad i used a free 5 day rental coupon on this trash instead of $60 of hard earned bread...
    i got maybe 18% (19% possibly) and literally tossed aside my controller, ejected the disc, put it in its case, and hurried back to the rental store to get the putrid thing outta my house. im even upset that i wasted my damn coupon!

Rangers F.C

I was just wondering something . I have finished the game and started NG+, I am finding it boring as shit, has anyone else had this problem ?. The first play through was a fine experience but IMO the game offers zero replay value .

Deathless Destroyer

I was just wondering something . I have finished the game and started NG+, I am finding it boring as shit, has anyone else had this problem ?. The first play through was a fine experience but IMO the game offers zero replay value .
    I think TLOU is one of those games where the ending feels as if after it comes to a close you should put it down and let it all sink in, not really be all like, "OMG that was the best story ever wow I'm gonna see it again ". I think this is one of the reasons Naughty Dog said they weren't even thinking about making a sequel, as the story in TLOU has a logical end.

PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 by Dec14 / $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

The Old Guy

Quote Originally Posted by jaws-ate View Post
    please tell me i'm not the only one who absolutely was glad i used a free 5 day rental coupon on this trash instead of $60 of hard earned bread...
    i got maybe 18% (19% possibly) and literally tossed aside my controller, ejected the disc, put it in its case, and hurried back to the rental store to get the putrid thing outta my house. im even upset that i wasted my damn coupon!
    I'm not sure I'd call it trash, but I definitely DID NOT enjoy this game at all. I didn't go in expecting Uncharted, but I did expect a game that was much more...I don't know...playable? I'm sure the story would have been good if I could have made myself finish it, but I am a gameplay-first kind of guy, and I just felt like they sacrificed way too much of the gameplay just because it wouldn't have fit with the story. I mean, if a game is not fun to play, what's the point?

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Amazing review! Have heard the is very easy, is that right?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast