Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Rage Review

This is a discussion on Rage Review within the Game Reviews forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Yes I to was very dissapointed I rushed with my 9/10 the game dosent get very deep seems superficialm the ...

PRO Member

Yes I to was very dissapointed I rushed with my 9/10 the game dosent get very deep seems superficialm the ending is anti climatic, very good start but I must admit the game puttered to the end, A very well deserved 6/10

Trophy Huntin'

I've been playing this game for a few days now and I really don't think it's as bad as this review says. Personally, i find the gameplay itself great! It's got the best elements of a shooter and is pretty easy to control, i think that that by itself is enough to raise the game's score to a 7.5. That's just my opinion though. I think you're spot on with the rest of the criticism, especially with the story aspect. I can tell you right now that i'm in the "Well" in Wellsprings and I honestly have zero idea what the main conflict of this game is and I really don't care about any of the characters. Rage is just more of a game that is fun to mess around in but is certainly not much if you're looking for a riveting tale

Looking for some new games? Check out the Trading post for some great deals!
    Latest Platinum: Batman: The Order 1886

Working On: PS4: Star Wars Battlefront and Rocket League
    PS3: Dishonored and Borderlands the Pre-Sequel
    Vita: Rainbow Moon and Hotline Miami 2

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I think RAGE does deserve a 6, although I did enjoy it at a higher level than that.

Nothing ever really happens in the game, you just move between NPCs getting quests until suddenly the game ends with no conclusion, there is no villain or anything.

This would have been fine with me if done in the very old school shooter way. Quake, Quake 2 and Unreal for eg. had very little story, but that's because you were on a lonely mission to destroy an evil force and there was always a climax at the end (boss fight and feeling of accomplishment).

You get none of that in RAGE, you just do mostly trivial stuff for random drongos then tra la la the game ends.

The game does have the free pacing of older shooters though which I really miss, COD\Killzone\Bulletstorm\Homefront all push you forward with set pieces and annoying A.I. partners, I mean in Homefront you cannot open a single door yourself, you have to wait for the two idiots who follow you around to stop talking and get on with it.

It was enjoyable to play an FPS that I could move through at my own pace, Crysis 2 and Bodycount also do this.

What RAGE does really well, better than any other Id game, is the art design. Not a single area looks the same, the variety of colors and scenery is really something to be praised. Visually it's a very beautiful game and not because of it's polygon count, art design wins over graphics, but RAGE does have a solid engine to display all that work and effort.

It's definitely worth picking up once the price drops since it's not a 'bad' game. It's not something you can play all day but I enjoyed picking my way through it over the course of a month or so.

Game on....

I purchased this game in the sales and got it at a ridiculously low price. I actually enjoyed this game and i achieved the platinum quite comfortably. The positive points outweigh the negatives in my opinion. This review is a bit harsh to be honest and personally i would say the game deserves a 7.5/10.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12