Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Batman Arkham City Review

This is a discussion on Batman Arkham City Review within the Game Reviews forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; A thoroughly deserved 10/10, and one of the best games of this generation. I just finished the campaign last night, ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

A thoroughly deserved 10/10, and one of the best games of this generation.

I just finished the campaign last night, and oh boy, was that ending FANTASTIC.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I recently finished it, as of a couple of hours ago, I enjoyed it but there was just something missing... I think it's the fact the game is too similar to the previous title. It's not a bad thing by any stretch, I thoroughly enjoyed playing both titles but it just felt like there wasn't enough variety in what was going on for me. I must admit though, I did really like the cat woman sequences they were heaps of fun. Shame that in the end that's all that really stood out to me.

Too many boss enemies... I know that's pretty lame to complain about considering but I think fewer big bosses would have made the tension more gripping. I felt like I was being shuffled from point to point without any sense of urgency (other than my own of seeing the new content) and then coming up against seemingly randomly placed enemies. The side quests were fun; but pretty darn easy and had more of a wait until 'x' time is achieved and then we'll release the next part of it for you to complete. In fact I missed seeing the conclusion to a couple of them simply because I hadn't waited long enough, which sucks. I'm about to begin the new game + play through and it seems promising. Might I add these trophies are going to be a bitch to collect arghh, so many of them.

Anyway good review, but unfortunately the game just didn't live up to my expectations for change within a title.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Completely agree with the score. Brilliant game

Hunter-Scholar-Gentleman

We'll see how the other Fall titles fare, but so far this has my vote for Game of the Year (although I haven't started Dark Souls 'cause I'm a big chicken). I felt a little disappointed at the end mainly because I was thinking to myself "it's over? damn!". But I was kidding myself, there was a NG+ to be dealt with, riddles upon riddles, several side missions I didn't end up finishing and who can forget the challenges which I have yet to fully immerse myself in. The amount of content in this game is staggering when you think there are 440 riddler challenges alone.

The visuals are great, the gameplay is nearly flawless and you will love being Batman for hours and hours and hours and...you get the point. Get the game, love it, beat it and then beat it some more.

The Road So Far And The Road Ahead
    `2nd place Trophy Checklist (2013)
    `Checklist Spotlight #2 Winner (2014)

Currently Playing
    `Saints Row IV [8%]

Signature & Avatar
    `courtesy of DaRe_xLw

Lvl 1 - Bronze

good

that was an awesome review i need to get this game.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Heard good reviews from my real life friends, might pick this game up.
    PS3Trophies - Member Since January 2010

Currently Playing: CoD 5 - World at War & Uncharted 2

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    Nice review Kerwan but I have to ask if you read it over a few times before posting as there are several grammatical errors and mistakes? I know they're easy to miss but some of them you should of noticed. For example you referred to Mark Hamell as Mark Hameii twice in the review. Don't take this the wrong way, as I'm only providing constructive criticism, but perhaps you should spend more time reviewing or rereading what you write before posting it. This is my only gripe. Other than that, an excellent review and I look forward to playing the game.
    Nice post Denaratuck but I have to ask if you read it over a few times before posting as there are several grammatical errors and mistakes? I know they're easy to miss but some of them you should of noticed. For example you referred to Mark Hamill as Mark Hamell in your post.

Back to topic:Nice review Kerwan_Ratchet!!!

Regional Manager of War

Nice review Kerwan you hit the money on this one, this is definitely a great game and I am taking my sweet time to enjoy everything it has to offer.

PRO Member

10/10!!! lol heard that this game is so good.. must have one

Aussie Furry, Bitch

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral_Awesome91 View Post
    Nice review Kerwan you hit the money on this one, this is definitely a great game and I am taking my sweet time to enjoy everything it has to offer.
    You do so. It's one of those games you just have to taste the sweetness of.

Crocodile Hunter

great read man, i will try and pick this up when i have the money

tho i am afraid this will not be a do-able plat for me as i still cant do the &#@$#U^ combat challenges for AA !!

Sig by Apokolypz

Lvl 1 - Bronze

can't wait to play it
    Add me on Psn- Meil06

Aussie Furry, Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Ac3dUd3- View Post

tho i am afraid this will not be a do-able plat for me as i still cant do the &#@$#U^ combat challenges for AA !!
    Trophies should never prevent you from buying a game. Trophies are a bonus. There's a reason why they don't affect RT scores.

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Nice review! 10/10 as a perfect score is a bit too much, do you not think? Haha... I would personally rate it as a 9.5, as there are still minor flaws, but they are not noticeable at all. Well, I could go into the details but they are hardly mentionable. This is certainly one of the top contenders for the next Game of the Year award, and I cannot wait to see what Uncharted 3 has to offer.

Either way, how are you doing with the challenges? The Campaign maps certainly can be frustrating at best, what with having to go through 3 challenges at once and get all 9 medals for that map in one go, albeit with 3 retries. But if you could achieve the impossible with Vanquish, I am sure you can do this as well. Me, I will be taking it slow as I also have Dark Souls to focus on. So many good games at this time, oh god... >_<
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

Player Hater

Quote Originally Posted by cocoasg View Post
    Nice review! 10/10 as a perfect score is a bit too much, do you not think? Haha... I would personally rate it as a 9.5, as there are still minor flaws, but they are not noticeable at all.
    There is no point having a score of 10 if it's never going to be used. Nothing in this world is perfect. I think a score of 10 for a game of such quality is perfectly acceptable and Batman: Arkham City deserves nothing less.

Roo Commander

Nice review mate, definitely be picking this up but it'll be after I get Uncharted 3.

Aussie Furry, Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by cocoasg View Post
    Nice review! 10/10 as a perfect score is a bit too much, do you not think? Haha... I would personally rate it as a 9.5, as there are still minor flaws, but they are not noticeable at all. Well, I could go into the details but they are hardly mentionable. This is certainly one of the top contenders for the next Game of the Year award, and I cannot wait to see what Uncharted 3 has to offer.

Either way, how are you doing with the challenges? The Campaign maps certainly can be frustrating at best, what with having to go through 3 challenges at once and get all 9 medals for that map in one go, albeit with 3 retries. But if you could achieve the impossible with Vanquish, I am sure you can do this as well. Me, I will be taking it slow as I also have Dark Souls to focus on. So many good games at this time, oh god... >_<
    The reason I gave it is 10/10 is because...

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Keyser View Post
    There is no point having a score of 10 if it's never going to be used. Nothing in this world is perfect. I think a score of 10 for a game of such quality is perfectly acceptable and Batman: Arkham City deserves nothing less.
    And the challenges are going fine for me. They're harder than Arkham Asylum, but as you said - easier than Vanquish - so I'm fine with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    Nice review mate, definitely be picking this up but it'll be after I get Uncharted 3.
    Stuff Mr. Drake. Get Batman right now.

Roo Commander

Ha ha ha, I might check it out tomorrow.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I have to agree with the score! It's a very great game! Too bad it won't be GOTY against U3, though......

But still, is one of the best games I've played so far this year!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Amazing review thanks

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast