Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Batman Arkham City Review

This is a discussion on Batman Arkham City Review within the Game Reviews forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; I really need this game 10/10 definitely a buy for me....

Death is Awaiting....

I really need this game 10/10 definitely a buy for me.

Sig by Achantion

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Perfect 10, perfect review, half way the Game + which in my opinion is another reason that makes this game perfect

Lvl 4 - Silver

Not a bad review. The only issues I have had with the game is that sometimes when taking on a lot of thugs at once, such as in the Prison Riot Extreme Challenge, it can get pretty hard to do the right move to the right person. You might try and do a stun-aerial strike on a riot shield and end up stunning the guy, but then trying to aerial strike someone else. It's especially annoying when that someone else is wearing body armour and so your combo is broken.

Sometimes you trying jumping over a guy with a stun rod, only to jump over a different person - or worse - only to jump around like an idiot. I guess it could be argued that part of the strategy is to divide and conquer; but nonetheless it can get pretty frustrating when you're trying to make the big points.

The other issue I have with this game is Catwoman; and how she gets around. (No, that's not what I meant!) Sometimes it takes her awhile to register a point to whip to, which can leave you vunerable for longer than I'd like.

Her other problem is that she swings over to things and often will swing so low that thugs will see her; making the point of going to a certain spot to do a surprise drop attack worthless. I've had too many occassions where she will be spotted, and shot full of holes while she clings to the side of a building and you frantically try to get her up onto a rooftop.

Anyway, I've waited two years for this game and these issues are not big enough to deter me from giving it 10/10.

Aussie Furry, Bitch

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Quote Originally Posted by Sedition View Post
    Not a bad review. The only issues I have had with the game is that sometimes when taking on a lot of thugs at once, such as in the Prison Riot Extreme Challenge, it can get pretty hard to do the right move to the right person. You might try and do a stun-aerial strike on a riot shield and end up stunning the guy, but then trying to aerial strike someone else. It's especially annoying when that someone else is wearing body armour and so your combo is broken.

Sometimes you trying jumping over a guy with a stun rod, only to jump over a different person - or worse - only to jump around like an idiot. I guess it could be argued that part of the strategy is to divide and conquer; but nonetheless it can get pretty frustrating when you're trying to make the big points.

The other issue I have with this game is Catwoman; and how she gets around. (No, that's not what I meant!) Sometimes it takes her awhile to register a point to whip to, which can leave you vunerable for longer than I'd like.

Her other problem is that she swings over to things and often will swing so low that thugs will see her; making the point of going to a certain spot to do a surprise drop attack worthless. I've had too many occassions where she will be spotted, and shot full of holes while she clings to the side of a building and you frantically try to get her up onto a rooftop.

Anyway, I've waited two years for this game and these issues are not big enough to deter me from giving it 10/10.
    Agreed, these problems are more than a slight annoyance, but for me it's not enough to deter me from the game and it's near flawless single player and gameplay.

MMA Fan Extraordinaire

I definitely love this game as it has now become my favorite game of all time (I'm not kidding). I absolutely loved the first game, so it was good to see improvements in the second game. While it is not perfect, it is definitely one the best games you can ever play and certainly the best one that I have.

Aussie Furry, Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by obliviouscreole View Post
    I definitely love this game as it has now become my favorite game of all time (I'm not kidding). I absolutely loved the first game, so it was good to see improvements in the second game. While it is not perfect, it is definitely one the best games you can ever play and certainly the best one that I have.
    What I liked best about it is that even though B: AA was a great game, B: AC went above and beyond anyone's expectations.

RPG Master

I think it was rather difficult for Rocksteady to surpass the quality and atmosphere that Batman: Arkham Asylum offered. They must have had to literally sit down and try to think of ways to go above and beyond what they did for Arkham Asylum in order to make Arkham City a much better game.

They took all the positive qualities from AA and copied them over to AC while at the same time instead of just throwing out the negative parts of AA, improved them and made them much better.

For example take the line launcher from Arkham Asylum. In the original game it could only take you from point A to point B in a straight line. In Arkham City, the line launcher can now be walked upon and can also be fired again while already riding across one.
    Sig by JK_Blade
    Shemhazat's Trophies

Aussie Furry, Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Shemhazat View Post
    I think it was rather difficult for Rocksteady to surpass the quality and atmosphere that Batman: Arkham Asylum offered. They must have had to literally sit down and try to think of ways to go above and beyond what they did for Arkham Asylum in order to make Arkham City a much better game.

They took all the positive qualities from AA and copied them over to AC while at the same time instead of just throwing out the negative parts of AA, improved them and made them much better.
    Exactly, which is extremely rare these games for any video game.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Review is great and well organized

I'd give it a 9.5/10 though.

Signature And Avatar Made By DjungList!
    Splinter Cell Chaos Theory Platinum #10

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I wasn't a Batman fan going into this but I would also give it 10\10, sure the story could have been better for non Batman fans but that wasn't their target audience.

It's just so bloody fun and they treated the characters and universe with respect, even though I know nothing about the Batman comics\cartoons I could appreciate that.

Also so much content, it's great to see developers put thought into New Game+ and multiple playthroughs.

Aussie Furry, Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by HugeGremlins View Post
    I wasn't a Batman fan going into this but I would also give it 10\10, sure the story could have been better for non Batman fans but that wasn't their target audience.

It's just so bloody fun and they treated the characters and universe with respect, even though I know nothing about the Batman comics\cartoons I could appreciate that.

Also so much content, it's great to see developers put thought into New Game+ and multiple playthroughs.
    And best of all with all it's content there's no MP! I was so grateful for that.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Yeah I hadn't even thought of that, it's a real trend right now to tack on an online mode, hopefully games like Arkham City will help give devs the confidence to just focus on singleplayer.

Aussie Furry, Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by HugeGremlins View Post
    Yeah I hadn't even thought of that, it's a real trend right now to tack on an online mode, hopefully games like Arkham City will help give devs the confidence to just focus on singleplayer.
    In this day and age God knows developers could use that confidence...

Legendary...Nuff Said

Personally, after playing the game I found that I did not like it as much as you obviously did, and I'm not so sure it's deserving of a 10/10.

The gameplay was fun, but it's literally the exact same thing as I did in Arkham Asylum. The only difference is that I actually found it more frustrating to do in this one, as the game often asked you to take out thugs stealthily, but they didn't get you the tools to do so. How am I supposed to take out guards when the only vantage points I have are the top of random buildings around. Stealth sections are broken when it's impossible to actually use stealth tactics.

I found that the world was full of nooks and crannies worth exploring, but I was never really drawn to the exploration of them. I simply wanted to continue on with the game, not participate in random side missions where some stupid civilian is being mugged.

Additionally, I found the story to be largely overwhelming. There were way too many villains in the mix here, and the biggest problem I have with it is that you lose track of the overall objective whilst participating in the story. You have to save yourself and defeat the Joker, but that's clouded by this whole Protocol 10 thing. Add in the fact that there's like 20 different Batman villains in the mix here, and it's easy to get overwhelmed with all of them in the mix. In my opinion, the game should've taken a nod from a movie such as The Dark Knight, which has one main villain, but also a second villain who comes into the mix throughout the story. In this one, everyone's just there, and most characters aren't involved in the story long enough to actually have an impact (i.e. Harley Quinn).

Ultimately, is the game good? Sure, I found it was a great experience and quite fun. However, when it only lasted me about 8 hours, and I haven't wanted to even touch it since I bought it, I found that there were too many things that couldn't be overlooked. Personally, I'd give this one more of an 8.5/10 (9/10 if I'm feeling nice), rather than a 10/10 flawless experience.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234