Meta Review: Dragon Age: Inquisition

This is a discussion on Meta Review: Dragon Age: Inquisition within the Game Reviews forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Basic Information Developer: BioWare Publisher: Electronic Arts Platform: PS3, Xbox 360, PS3, PS4, PC Release Date: November 18th, 2014 Trophies: ...

PRO Member

Meta Review: Dragon Age: Inquisition

Basic Information

Developer:
    BioWare
    Publisher:
    Electronic Arts
    Platform:
    PS3, Xbox 360, PS3, PS4, PC
    Release Date:
    November 18th, 2014
    Trophies: Yep

IGN - 8/10
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Ingenito
    When I’d finally slain my first dragon in Dragon Age: Inquisition, I felt a little sad at the thought that I was probably beginning to exhaust its seemingly endless stream of content. But then I saw the quest ticker: “Dragons Slayed - 1 out of 10.” In all my hours, I had only ever seen three. It’s a surprisingly huge, dense world, and I soon realized there were still entire sandboxes I hadn’t even set foot in. Even in my hundredth hour, I’m still discovering. Despite its less than compelling plot, I still want to go back to explore and fight through every nook and cranny of Dragon Age: Inquisition, until every dragon’s skull is mounted on my wall.

EuroGamer - 8/10
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cobbett
    There's a definite end of an era feel to much of Dragon Age: Inquisition, whether or not BioWare has a fourth in the pipeline. This is what everything's been leading towards; all those choices, all the adventure, all the drama, and all the epic battles so far - of good vs. evil, of mages vs. templars and, of course, of RPG fans everywhere vs. Dragon Age 2.
    Love or loathe that game, Inquisition feels like an open attempt to atone for its sins - a comeback play from a company that knows that still being one of the genre's heaviest hitters doesn't mean its reputation isn't on the line. Luckily, lessons have been learned. No longer does one cave try to pass for ten, or has streamlining taken all the choice out of adventuring. This is still firmly a modern BioWare RPG rather than a return to Origins' long abandoned old-school aspirations, but one bursting in ambition and scale.

Polygon - 9.5/10
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip Kollar
    DRAGON AGE: INQUISITION IS ONE OF THE BIGGEST GAMES I'VE EVER PLAYED, AND I STILL WANT MOREIt's no longer as simple as how your choices affect your small band of adventurers — though that can vary quite a lot as well. Dragon Age: Inquisition puts the fate of the world in your hands in a way that few role-playing games have done before. And even after another 80 hours devoted to it, it's a world I cannot wait to return to in whatever BioWare does next. I don't know what higher praise I could give.

Joystiq - 5/5
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Sliwinski
    Dragon Age: Inquisition is BioWare's reaffirmation of what it's capable of delivering. It's agorgeous game on an epic scale. Rich in character and story, it creates a fantasy world with plausible social rules you can get lost in. It makes you feel that you aren't just exploring a new world, but helping shape it at various levels of society. Inquisition sets the bar for what a blockbuster RPG should be.

Oh, and after everything is said and done, make sure to stay following the credits.

So there's just a few reviews from the bigger sites, what are your opinions? Do they match the high praises given above? Or are they talking rubbish? Let us know below!
    Last edited by ChrisValentine; 11-15-2014 at 10:33 AM.

Beast Incarnate

I loved the first Dragon Age, yet to play the 2nd. But I'm super excited for this. Will probably wait until it drops in price like I usually do, but its still a definite buy for me

PRO Member

I hope the critics are right for a change, especially since I pre-ordered the Deluxe Edition. I didn't think EA and Bioware deserved the hate for Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect 3 but majority perception rules the gaming industry. I'm sure they realized it and pulled out all the stops.
    By the way, am i the only one hoping Flemeth is the final boss? I mean, she is powerful enough to bring demons across the Veil.

Avy and 10K Checklist Elite Bar by DaRe

"It's not the critic who counts. The credit goes to the man who is actually in the arena." --
    Theodore Roosevelt.

I don't expect to win an argument when I'm outnumbered -- but sometimes you just have to stand.

Trophy Guide Grand Master

Super pumped for this game after platinuming the first two

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by DragonWolfVII View Post
    I loved the first Dragon Age, yet to play the 2nd. But I'm super excited for this. Will probably wait until it drops in price like I usually do, but its still a definite buy for me
    My thoughts exactly. Loved the first but haven't started the second one yet due to all the complaints.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Lvl 5 - Silver

Can't wait for this. Loved the previous games.