Meta-review: Far Cry 4

This is a discussion on Meta-review: Far Cry 4 within the Game Reviews forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Basic Information Developer: Ubisoft Publisher: Ubisoft Platform: PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, XBox One, PC Release Date: November 18th, 2014 Trophies: ...

Editorial Team

Meta-review: Far Cry 4

Basic Information
    Developer:
    Ubisoft
    Publisher:
    Ubisoft
    Platform:
    PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, XBox One, PC
    Release Date: November 18th, 2014
    Trophies:
    1 | 2 | 10 | 38

Gamespot - 7/10
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin VanOrd
    Like the terrain if depicts, Far Cry 4 travels both high and low, representing the good, the bad, and ugly of video games all at once. It's awesome and messy and dumb and fun and annoying and gross and beautiful. Take any given adjective in your vocabulary, and chances are, it will in some way describe Far Cry 4.

IGN - 8.5/10
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Dyer
    Diversity is one of Far Cry 4’s strongest assets, and it overwhelms the mostly disappointing story with countless opportunities for free-form adventure and fun. Visual variety, tons of distinct side-quests, and a dense world with plenty of options always gave me something I wanted to do, and its satisfying economy had me obsessing over completing every side-quest.

Eurogamer - 8/10
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoife Wilson
    Far Cry 4 does all the things that its predecessor did and more - more weapons, more vehicles, more modes, more ground to cover - so if all you're looking for is a big old wide open space to tear up with a friend, go forth and make merry with mortar. That said, more does not necessarily mean better, and the truth is that the wilds of Kyrat simply aren't as beguiling as the Rook Islands were.

Joystiq - 9/10
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig Kietzmann
    There's a staggering number of adventures to extract from Far Cry 4, whether you chase the ones laid out by the game explicitly, or the ones that develop naturally as you take in the sights. It's another interesting and absorbing world to fall into, shoot through, burn and then guide to new beginnings. Far Cry 4 may have installed a despot, but it's still the undisputed king of the open-world shooter.

Destructoid - 9/10
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Carter
    Far Cry 4 could have all of the multiplayer elements stripped away and it would still be a very strong game. If you enjoyed its predecessor and didn't grow tired of Ubisoft Montreal's open world formula, you'll have a blast living the experience again.

Giant Bomb - 8/10
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Gerstmann
    Most of what's great about Far Cry 4 is emergent in a way that doesn't need to be attached to a story or locale, so in most of the ways that matter, Far Cry 4 is more of Far Cry 3. But the little additions and co-op play do make meaningful differences, and on its own terms, Far Cry 4 is a great time.

So this is what some of the major websites have to say about Far Cry 4. Do you think they were right, or not? Let us know in the comments below

Last edited by neospoon; 11-19-2014 at 09:48 AM.

Lord of all Goat-Men

The game's looking great. Really keen to play it now

Fallout 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So keen to play this, got it waiting on my desk but have to finish AC: Unity first.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Lvl 4 - Silver

I could care less about reviews. If I'm interested in a game I'll play it and decide for myself. The only opinions I consider are those of people I know. I could care less about site reviews.

Lord of all Goat-Men

Quote Originally Posted by seether98 View Post
    I could care less about reviews. If I'm interested in a game I'll play it and decide for myself. The only opinions I consider are those of people I know. I could care less about site reviews.
    ...then why are you posting in a thread that exists to collect reviews?

Lvl 4 - Silver

Only played the opening so far, (Been playing GTA V mostly) but it looks way better than I expected it to be.

-i- love myself.

Getting this one some time in the future, I loved FC3!

iwasbornintheusa

I just saw the endings. What the fuck ubisoft.
    The game looks real fun though, but reminds me too much of FC3 with some neat added stuff, which isn't a bad thing but I don't want to spend 65$ on a game I owned already. I'll wait until it goes down to 40$. Pagan looks like a cool dude.

Thank you to DaRe_xLw for the signature

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Parasoul View Post
    I just saw the endings. What the fuck ubisoft.
    The game looks real fun though, but reminds me too much of FC3 with some neat added stuff, which isn't a bad thing but I don't want to spend 65$ on a game I owned already. I'll wait until it goes down to 40$. Pagan looks like a cool dude.
    You mean the endings to the singleplayer story?! Why would you look that up if you didn't buy the game?

iwasbornintheusa

Quote Originally Posted by Blauchyboy View Post
    You mean the endings to the singleplayer story?! Why would you look that up if you didn't buy the game?
    Heard the story was ass. FC3 atleast had a decent enough story that kept me interested. FC4 doesn't sound exciting in any way, from what I've sene, so it doesn't make much difference if i see the ending or not. I just wanted to see how dumb it would end. I don't take a peek at the ending at games with a story i'm interested in.

Thank you to DaRe_xLw for the signature

Lvl 9 - Gold

started it then went back to borderland ps. will go back when that's done.

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by seether98 View Post
    i could care less about reviews. If i'm interested in a game i'll play it and decide for myself. The only opinions i consider are those of people i know. I could care less about site reviews.
    Quote Originally Posted by faust View Post
    ...then why are you posting in a thread that exists to collect reviews?

xD

Harvester of Souls

Quote Originally Posted by Qurb View Post
    Getting this one some time in the future, I loved FC3!
    Agreed! I'm waiting on FC4 for a bit as I know it's not that similar, they change up each time from game to game, but I do expect great things from this.

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay