Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Dark Souls Review

This is a discussion on Dark Souls Review within the Game Reviews forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Agree completely with you my friend . WONDERFUL JOB!!!! Do agree with Hitman a bit, but wouldn't lower anything cept ...

Harvester of Souls

Agree completely with you my friend . WONDERFUL JOB!!!! Do agree with Hitman a bit, but wouldn't lower anything cept MP score for the fact of being more difficult to partner up BUT this in turn makes game more difficult and less relying on other as demon's Souls was easy to do.

Good job and keep the reviews coming

P.S.
    Made me definitely want to play the game more so aboutt o go do so. Thanks >:F. lol.
    But thanks for the thing about the trophy guide appreciate it. and yeah compared to the trophy guide and the real strat guide... think we have everything there is to know and real guide from what I'm told has some minor issues and mistakes so watch out for anyone reading.

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

PRO Member

Nice review ........... i agree with the score.......... 9 sounds about right

The Temple of the King

I agree, for the most part, with the review. However, the amount of glitches found in this game makes me wonder if From Software was serious about making this game or just trying to cash in Demon's Souls momentum- it's not a deal breaker, but makes the game less of a rewarding experience.

Thou who seeketh the King's sword!
    I am the Old King.
    Show me thine strength and the strength of thine souls.
    Prepare thyself, brave knight.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

nice review, i think ill pick this up when im done with skyrim and this is a little bit cheaper

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by mundyjw View Post
    I do wonder, though, is it worth picking up the strategy guide for this game? The mini-guide I got with the C.E. version was pretty cool, I wonder, other than maps, how much detail does it give you for the enemies?
    I don't normally buy strategy guides (except for Disgaea games usually), but I've got a DkS one on order at amazon. They seem to have done a good job with it, and it basically doubles as a large-format art book.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Well the review is exactly what is required to help grabbing user to this game. The game is as good as the review. Obviously it is a supreme game.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Great review, however few things;
    Not all boss battles were fun and challenging. Some were just stupid, cheap and easy. Bed of Chaos, Ceaseless Discharge among others.
    Multiplayer 10/10? I don't agree. Covenants are a nice idea but poorly executed, there is no motivation to level in the covenants, there's barely any reward worth fighting for. You only join them because either you like their zones or their invade benefits. Other than that the multiplayer is extremely laggy, I barely have any decent fights without it. Laggstab is standard in MP duels.

and personally I didn't like the story presentation. In Demon's Souls atleast I had a quest. In this game I barely had none. Ringing the bells was a quest but it was just bad introduction of it. One random guy? I had no idea why I was fighting lords, why half of the bosses I fought were against me. Weren't I trying to save the world?

Toggle Spoiler

currently working on several games

My first trophy guide - FIFA 14

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by Walle View Post
    Great review, however few things;
    Not all boss battles were fun and challenging. Some were just stupid, cheap and easy. Bed of Chaos, Ceaseless Discharge among others.
    Multiplayer 10/10? I don't agree. Covenants are a nice idea but poorly executed, there is no motivation to level in the covenants, there's barely any reward worth fighting for. You only join them because either you like their zones or their invade benefits. Other than that the multiplayer is extremely laggy, I barely have any decent fights without it. Laggstab is standard in MP duels.

and personally I didn't like the story presentation. In Demon's Souls atleast I had a quest. In this game I barely had none. Ringing the bells was a quest but it was just bad introduction of it. One random guy? I had no idea why I was fighting lords, why half of the bosses I fought were against me. Weren't I trying to save the world?
    There's is a huge story behind Dark Souls. It's not as clear as the story is in Demon's Souls, I do agree. If you really are interested in the backstory, checkout EpicNameBro on YouTube. He has a ton of videos surrounding the lore of Dark Souls. The story really is massive once you start delving into it.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    There's is a huge story behind Dark Souls. It's not as clear as the story is in Demon's Souls, I do agree. If you really are interested in the backstory, checkout EpicNameBro on YouTube. He has a ton of videos surrounding the lore of Dark Souls. The story really is massive once you start delving into it.
    I bet it is, and believe me none loves lore as much as I do. But I shouldn't have to go on internet to get the story. Not saying I should be spoonfed the things but atleast something so I understand wtf is happening. Demon's gave me the world is ending cause of fog, go in fog and kill Demon's. That is not much but I know what I am doing. This game was; Chosen(for what?) and go ring bells(which I heard from a random guy I'm not questioning his trustworthiness). and then I get the Lordvessel which I should fed Lord souls, which makes not much sense since I never seen these primordial serpents before, never heard of them, never heard of the Lordvessel and I only heard of the Lords which seem like nice people. They rid the world of big bad dragons.

Toggle Spoiler

KCCO!

I bet it is, and believe me none loves lore as much as I do. But I shouldn't have to go on internet to get the story. Not saying I should be spoonfed the things but atleast something so I understand wtf is happening. Demon's gave me the world is ending cause of fog, go in fog and kill Demon's. That is not much but I know what I am doing. This game was; Chosen(for what?) and go ring bells(which I heard from a random guy I'm not questioning his trustworthiness). and then I get the Lordvessel which I should fed Lord souls, which makes not much sense since I never seen these primordial serpents before, never heard of them, never heard of the Lordvessel and I only heard of the Lords which seem like nice people. They rid the world of big bad dragons.
    Well, I don't mean any harm, Walle, but it sort of does sound like you want it spoon-fed.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Well, I don't mean any harm, Walle, but it sort of does sound like you want it spoon-fed.
    So there's nothing between barely and story and being spoonfed story? No worries mate, this is just a friendly discussion, matter of opinion.

I mean in Demon's souls, I had never heard of the Shrine of Storms before except there are Demons there that needed killing. However in Dark Souls I have no idea why I'm running around in half the places I am running around in. I thought Lords were the good guys, freed the world of the Dragons and all that. Established the human existence or something. But I'm apparently I'm killing them, only after 60% of the game I get to know that I need their souls to open a door to a world I've got no idea what's in it. Oh Lord of Cinder, and why am I killing him?

Believe me when I say I have no problem with barely any story progression or whatever. But I kind of would like to know what I am doing. I even like being thrown in a world without any story at all, having no idea what I am doing there. However in Dark Souls, I know what to do. It's just that I'm supposed to take a random warrior's word that the two bells will solve my problems. Even though I have no idea what ringing bells will do, lead to or why I'm doing it.

Toggle Spoiler

KCCO!

So there's nothing between barely and story and being spoonfed story? No worries mate, this is just a friendly discussion, matter of opinion.

I mean in Demon's souls, I had never heard of the Shrine of Storms before except there are Demons there that needed killing. However in Dark Souls I have no idea why I'm running around in half the places I am running around in. I thought Lords were the good guys, freed the world of the Dragons and all that. Established the human existence or something. But I'm apparently I'm killing them, only after 60% of the game I get to know that I need their souls to open a door to a world I've got no idea what's in it. Oh Lord of Cinder, and why am I killing him?

Believe me when I say I have no problem with barely any story progression or whatever. But I kind of would like to know what I am doing. I even like being thrown in a world without any story at all, having no idea what I am doing there. However in Dark Souls, I know what to do. It's just that I'm supposed to take a random warrior's word that the two bells will solve my problems. Even though I have no idea what ringing bells will do, lead to or why I'm doing it.
    I can't say I remember all the details about the story, but there's a specific reason you're killing the "Lords". The thing about games like Demon's Souls and Dark Souls is that much of the story has to be gleaned from the NPC dialogues and, even more importantly, the descriptions on the multitude of items you find in the Souls universe.

Game Review Team

Lvl 7 - Gold

I can't say I remember all the details about the story, but there's a specific reason you're killing the "Lords". The thing about games like Demon's Souls and Dark Souls is that much of the story has to be gleaned from the NPC dialogues and, even more importantly, the descriptions on the multitude of items you find in the Souls universe.
    No reason at all why we're killing the Lords, except to open a door.
    Reading items only tell me lore. Like who is Sif, who's the chaos witches, who is Siegmeyer of Catarina etc. Just information on a few characters throughout the game. Don't get me wrong it is very interesting, however it doesn't enlighten me on what the hell I am doing.

I liked Demon's Souls story presentation. I had a quest, I had received it from a monumental or that prophet. Not by some random guy that I'm trusting because people are so nice in this world. *cough* Patches *cough* Lautrec *cough* Petrus *cough*

Toggle Spoiler

KCCO!

Reading items only tell me lore. Like who is Sif, who's the chaos witches, who is Siegmeyer of Catarina etc. Just information on a few characters throughout the game. Don't get me wrong it is very interesting, however it doesn't enlighten me on what the hell I am doing.

I liked Demon's Souls story presentation. I had a quest, I had received it from a monumental or that prophet. Not by some random guy that I'm trusting because people are so nice in this world. *cough* Patches *cough* Lautrec *cough* Petrus *cough*
    You win, dude. I don't know what I was thinking. I thought our quest was to either kill the old Gods and usher in the Age of Dark, or become the new lord of the perpetual Age of Fire.

Lvl 7 - Gold

You win, dude. I don't know what I was thinking. I thought our quest was to either kill the old Gods and usher in the Age of Dark, or become the new lord of the perpetual Age of Fire.
    I had no idea about any of that until I kiilled Gwyn, Lord of Cinder. Doesn't explain why I just couldn't let Gwyn remain as that guy, if I'm going to light the bonfire anyway.

Toggle Spoiler

Bringing the PAIN

I am pretty sure that all characters named have an explanation of their origin and such told to you by a character in dialog in game. Maybe playing the quests that involve such things would shed some light for you.

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12