Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Battlefield 3 Review

This is a discussion on Battlefield 3 Review within the Game Reviews forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; i dnt agree with the score personally, a 7 or 8 maybe, there is a shit load of people who ...

Crocodile Hunter

i dnt agree with the score personally, a 7 or 8 maybe, there is a shit load of people who are disappointed with the game

Sig by Apokolypz

You weak azz niggs

Quote Originally Posted by Ac3dUd3- View Post
    i dnt agree with the score personally, a 7 or 8 maybe, there is a shit load of people who are disappointed with the game
    That's because it's not Call of n00by

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpig94 View Post
    I've played Dead Space 2, Homefront, Killzone 3, Resistance 3, Battlefield 3 and Crysis 2. Dead Space 2 was GREAT but I have to factor in the MP and how bad that was. I really life BF3 but the SP was meh and the co-op gets boring quick. From teh videos I've seen about MW3 (I've watched most of the campaign, I couldnt help myself ) I can tell it will be my favorite game this year.
    It's impossible to tell from a video to be honest. If you play the game(s) then you're more than welcome to have your say, but not before. There have been plenty of disappointments in the past as well, you know.

And honestly who could care less about DS2's multiplayer? Nobody plays a game like that for the MP. It's not a major factor.

The Bushiest Pig

Quote Originally Posted by Kerwan_Ratchet View Post
    It's impossible to tell from a video to be honest. If you play the game(s) then you're more than welcome to have your say, but not before. There have been plenty of disappointments in the past as well, you know.

And honestly who could care less about DS2's multiplayer? Nobody plays a game like that for the MP. It's not a major factor.
    It's not a major factor for you, but it was for me. It was included so I wanted to play it. After about an hour I was like :stare:. If the MP wasn't included I would have given it a 10/10 and it probabaly would have been my favorite game this year. But since the MP was included, and I played it, and just can't ignore it it brung it down a little for me.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Its all about opinion u either like the slower more realistic feel of BF or the fast paced run and gun feel of CoD...I absolutly love the game and i think your review was awesome, nice work.

PRO Member

great review love the game

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I hear people saying they bought the game for SP? and whining about co-op? really? goddamnit, thats like buying Terminator if you are not a trophy whore... Just play MP and enjoy it, multiplayer is beautiful, refreshing and fantastic. Anyone who says otherwise is probably playing BlackOps right now...

PRO Member

i would say its a 98% the single player could be better or longer but you cant have it all !

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

It's not a major factor for you, but it was for me. It was included so I wanted to play it. After about an hour I was like :stare:. If the MP wasn't included I would have given it a 10/10 and it probabaly would have been my favorite game this year. But since the MP was included, and I played it, and just can't ignore it it brung it down a little for me.
    Fair enough I guess; though I can't see why anyone would even play the MP in that game. It's not meant for MP. BF3 I understand, however.

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

good read. maybe ill purchase it later during xmas or something

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

The Bushiest Pig

Quote Originally Posted by Kerwan_Ratchet View Post
    Fair enough I guess; though I can't see why anyone would even play the MP in that game. It's not meant for MP. BF3 I understand, however.
    For me it was just because it was there lol.

Lvl 9 - Gold

I've played Dead Space 2, Homefront, Killzone 3, Resistance 3, Battlefield 3 and Crysis 2. Dead Space 2 was GREAT but I have to factor in the MP and how bad that was. I really life BF3 but the SP was meh and the co-op gets boring quick. From teh videos I've seen about MW3 (I've watched most of the campaign, I couldnt help myself ) I can tell it will be my favorite game this year.
    Yeah, I can't blame you there, COD is like smoking to me, really bad addiction.

Can't blame you for factoring DS2's multiplayer either, makes me remember how much people aregetting seriouslyfucked off over Mass Effect 3 having it put in. Make it good or don't do it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ac3dUd3- View Post
    That's because all the months spent soaking up all the details, info and video footage made everyone wet with anticipation, which can drastically change when you play it.

Happens to everything.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by shadowsoldier36 View Post
    theres a dlc coming out in december and a remake of one of the maps in battlefield 1943
    It comes with 1 remade map from BF 1943 and 3 remade maps from BF2 with some weapons and vehicles that were also from BF2 iirc.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by HYSTΣR!A⋆➒➑ View Post
    Can't blame you for factoring DS2's multiplayer either, makes me remember how much people aregetting seriouslyfucked off over Mass Effect 3 having it put in. Make it good or don't do it at all.
    Exactly how I feel! Don't half ass SP or MP for the sake of the other. Its why I find CoD:MW2 so insulting because it was a set-piece theater to showcase new MP gameplay elements.

I don't assume a SP game can't transition to have a legit MP mode. Uncharted, for example, has some of the best MP I've ever played. I fucking love arena.

I didn't think DS2's MP was that bad though, and I don't think ME3's will be inherently bad.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

-i- love myself.

Great review, Curse! The singe player in BF3 was better than I expected but I miss the humor like in BFBC2.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I couldn't agree more with the score. it would have been a perfect 10 if there were more intense missions in the singleplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Shady Death View Post
    I'm definitely going to be getting this game over MW3, but I just hope they have DLC to add more co-op missions and regular DLC to add a survival mode. I would also love another $20 DLC like Vietnam that adds stuff from another game, maybe 2142? Actually how about a straight up remake of 2142.
    the Vietnam add on for bad company2 was amazing, it was worth the money.

sig by Auburn

Administrator

This is one game I will be playing through out the year, might just skip MW3

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Breakpoint View Post
    This is one game I will be playing through out the year, might just skip MW3
    best thing i read all day lol

Go Blue Jackets!!

For me, I personally didn't like the SP at all I found it to be cliche and boring (except going hunting that was really neat.)

I think the review team should've done two different reviews for this game - One for the single player/Co-Op and the other for multiplayer.

Cause the single player is a 6/10 imho (yes I only played half of it but i did the rest at a friends house) but the multiplayer is very well made so maybe dividing the two would've worked. But people using that as a scapegoat giving it a 9/10 just cause of the fantastic multiplayer.. thats not a reviewer thats just "oh the multiplayer is amazing so it gets a 9/10 even though the single player is very lackluster and boring.. but who cares about that when its made for MP" BULLSHIT - EA wanted to make an engrossing SP and they said it in there blog, they even had one article talking about how hard there making it with deep writing and character development. BF3's SP is a joke, its so stupid its not even funny. Yeah its cool to look at, but its really boring to play.. at least with mw3 they can make a SP linear shooter fun and exciting.

Not trolling or being a mw3 fanboy im just stating my opinion. This review, I don't agree with at all it should get a 6/10

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by LAWLZilla View Post
    For me, I personally didn't like the SP at all I found it to be cliche and boring (except going hunting that was really neat.)

I think the review team should've done two different reviews for this game - One for the single player/Co-Op and the other for multiplayer.

Cause the single player is a 6/10 imho (yes I only played half of it but i did the rest at a friends house) but the multiplayer is very well made so maybe dividing the two would've worked. But people using that as a scapegoat giving it a 9/10 just cause of the fantastic multiplayer.. thats not a reviewer thats just "oh the multiplayer is amazing so it gets a 9/10 even though the single player is very lackluster and boring.. but who cares about that when its made for MP" BULLSHIT - EA wanted to make an engrossing SP and they said it in there blog, they even had one article talking about how hard there making it with deep writing and character development. BF3's SP is a joke, its so stupid its not even funny. Yeah its cool to look at, but its really boring to play.. at least with mw3 they can make a SP linear shooter fun and exciting.

Not trolling or being a mw3 fanboy im just stating my opinion. This review, I don't agree with at all it should get a 6/10
    The score is an average of each component, all four added and then it gets divided. The average was either 8.75 or bang on 9, cant remember

The score is also not the purpose of the review, if it was we'd just post some scores and let you discuss them.

The fact is, after taking in each section of the game individually I've came out with a verdict, this might be different to yours, so be it.

From what I played of the singleplayer I enjoyed a little, and there were sections that weren't so good, resulting in a 7 being given.

Focus on the content of the review, not the scores given

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast