Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Battlefield 3 Review

This is a discussion on Battlefield 3 Review within the Game Reviews forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Good review, the single player wasn't as bad as some seem to want to make it look like on here. ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Good review, the single player wasn't as bad as some seem to want to make it look like on here. Personally I loved the single player and had no problems playing it twice this far just to get all the trophies. I wouldn't give the single player a 10 however but closer to an 8 since it was a good pass for me. My main disappointment with single player was Going Hunting which was personally long just sitting there in the jet waiting for enemies to come. However one mission in comparison to Uprising, Rock And A Hard Place, Kaffarov, Comrades, Night Shift, Thunder Run, The Great Destroyer or Operation Swordbreak is nothing and the interrogation formula I didnít mind it at all actually and it even brought more of a feel in my opinion to how Blackburn feels. Also I had the feeling that the two interviewers didnít believe Blackburn thus why one was acting all cool and easy since he didnít believe there was an actual threat until he got news. The other, I assumed he was pissed because of what we did in the mission Kaffarov. So when making a list of the bad missions along with the good missions, I have more on the good mission side than the other hence why I think it should be 8 for the single player. Also I didnít find it that clichť or even boring, this is a shooter and I got what I expected out of it, great gun battles that donít always have that way too crazy Hollywood action movie style. Rock And A Hard Place for example is an amazing firefight between US soldiers and Russian soldiers without that feel of Hollywood where explosions are occurring everywhere and all. More importantly the BF3 single player didnít give me the feel that I was some super hero soldier that I got from the Modern Warfare series up till now (Havenít played the third yet).

The co-op is great too, I have played most missions over three times now and I still donít get truly bored of playing them. Operation Exodus is a pretty great gun battle, Hit and Run is great for fast paced gun battles while Drop íem Like Liquid is a good stealth mission. Without counting The Eleventh Hour, that moment when you get out of the metro and towards the stock exchange where you have to move in between the cross fire of the police with the group inside, that was pretty awesome in my opinion. Co-op gets 9 out of 10 for me since they have fast paced, good battles and an actual need of your partner.

As for multiplayer, itís well done, I have heard about a lot of people having connection problems, lagging problems and all but I canít truly comment since every time I play on my PS3, I donít seem to run in with those problems. Also the class system is great; maps are great, game modes are great however I have mostly kept to Conquest and Rush for now. I love the vehicles, guns, maps and modes of the games so I give multiplayer a 9 out of 10 (Keep in mind; I havenít encountered the bugs many are).

So my rating of the game would be 8.5 out of 10. Good game, good shooter and I am a pleased customer with my product.

Lvl 4 - Silver

From a place called south east london - I heard your mum's got bunions... fam what!?

I would give Multiplayer a 10
    Campaign a 6
    Technical a 9
    Gameplay a 10
    Overall thats 8.8
    Which is actually what you gave it, but you rounded up to 9 lol
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ManicRipper2?feature=mhee

LOTR: Conquest/COD: [email protected]/Mirror's Edge/Transformers: ROTF/Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/MW2/God of War III/LittleBigPlanet/Bad Company 2/COD Classic/InFamous/Uncharted 2: Among Thieves/Trine/Burnout Paradise/inFAMOUS 2/COD: Black Ops/Assassin's Creed II/Anarchy: Rush Hour/MW3/Battlefield 3/Prototype 2/Far Cry 3/Sleeping Dogs/NFS:Most Wanted/FIFA13

PRO Member

I gave this one 9.5/10

Lvl 1 - Bronze

ON BOARD for a 2142 remake. That game was VERY VERY fun and most of the maps were amazing. I remember SO many epic fire fights on Gibralter

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by bobafeets View Post
    ON BOARD for a 2142 remake. That game was VERY VERY fun and most of the maps were amazing. I remember SO many epic fire fights on Gibralter
    A future warfare pack, in the same essence as the vietnam pack? Now that'd be awesome

Smashing through buildings in a walker

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Battlefield is an excellent game. It does lack some new and a bit more innovative game goal-oriented modes (I hate Deathmatch types, Hardcore Rush is just right - more of those please!).

What turned me off is the immense problems with player-to-player audio. Compare to BFBC2 I simply couldn't understand my squadmates most of the time, pretty much ruining the experience (they went to skype over PC which is awkward for me to set up).

Still the best shooter, but as a result I haven't nearly played it as much as its predecessor.

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

IMO the destruction in BC2 was & is ten times better than BF3.
    BF3 is unique & has it's own feel though, it's..it's own game. A good change / separation from the BC series, I couldn't get over the realism & sound of the player running / being out of breath & so on at first, lol.
    ..I can't stand some of the COD type maps though, (Metro) & I know a few other ones I can't remember the name too. -_- this is Battlefield, I said Battle <- -> Field, not let's hang out in a hallway like Asylum from COD4. Also it is what it is but 12 on 12 can be really slow for the big boy maps like Caspian Border (etc).

..Thanks for the review!

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Death is Awaiting....

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotically-Epic View Post
    IMO the destruction in BC2 was & is ten times better than BF3.
    BF3 is unique & has it's own feel though, it's..it's own game. A good change / separation from the BC series, I couldn't get over the realism & sound of the player running / being out of breath & so on at first, lol.
    ..I can't stand some of the COD type maps though, (Metro) & I know a few other ones I can't remember the name too. -_- this is Battlefield, I said Battle <- -> Field, not let's hang out in a hallway like Asylum from COD4. Also it is what it is but 12 on 12 can be really slow for the big boy maps like Caspian Border (etc).

..Thanks for the review!
    Asylum was on CoD: WaW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig by Achantion

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

Asylum was on CoD: WaW
    Oh ya, that's what I meant, my bad lol, so many COD games I'm starting to lose track! jk.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Here is how I rank the shooters of 2011:

Killzone 3 (The best)
    Modern Warfare 3 (2nd Best)
    Battlefield 3 (3rd Best)
    "I'm loyal to nothing...except the Dream"

- Steve Rogers

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Hope Dishonored is Shooter of 2012!

- Steve Rogers

Change is mediocre

Quote Originally Posted by EpicGuy101 View Post
    Hope Dishonored is Shooter of 2012!
    Dishonored isn't exactly a "shooter", more like a first person stealth/assassination game. But I'm hoping it's good as well.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post
    Dishonored isn't exactly a "shooter", more like a first person stealth/assassination game. But I'm hoping it's good as well.
    Also hope Dishonored gets in the Top 5 GOTY 2012. Don't want it to bethe best because I'm rooting for ME3 to be GOTY!

- Steve Rogers

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Here is how I rank the shooters of 2011:

Killzone 3 (The best)
    Modern Warfare 3 (2nd Best)
    Battlefield 3 (3rd Best)

Think you meant.....
    1 - Deus Ex Human Revolution ( it counts! )
    2- Bulletstorm
    3 - Battlefield 3

Battlefield 3 has got better with the newer maps, Damavand Peak aside, i wasn't that into the original map set yet Back to Karkand and Close Quarters give a great variety and a wonderful hit of nostalgia.

All that was missing was a snowy map but that's been sorted now!

Single player was better than Medal Of Honor's snoozefest but inferior to the not great Bad Company 2 story, basically it was a distraction from the reason anyone should be playing Battlefield.

Bad Company 2 set the bar pretty high for console versions but BF3 has improved over time nicely, next time though, sod the single player and stick in a few more maps and modes in from the start yeah?

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by SonofSonofvenom View Post
    Think you meant.....
    1 - Deus Ex Human Revolution ( it counts! )
    2- Bulletstorm
    3 - Battlefield 3

Battlefield 3 has got better with the newer maps, Damavand Peak aside, i wasn't that into the original map set yet Back to Karkand and Close Quarters give a great variety and a wonderful hit of nostalgia.

All that was missing was a snowy map but that's been sorted now!

Single player was better than Medal Of Honor's snoozefest but inferior to the not great Bad Company 2 story, basically it was a distraction from the reason anyone should be playing Battlefield.

Bad Company 2 set the bar pretty high for console versions but BF3 has improved over time nicely, next time though, sod the single player and stick in a few more maps and modes in from the start yeah?
    Haven't played Human Revolution (Want to though) nor have I played Bulletstorm. Only FPS games I played last year were the ones I mentioned, Resistance 3, RAGE, and MAG. (MAG came out last year didn't it?)

- Steve Rogers

Change is mediocre

Haven't played Human Revolution (Want to though) nor have I played Bulletstorm. Only FPS games I played last year were the ones I mentioned, Resistance 3, RAGE, and MAG. (MAG came out last year didn't it?)
    I strongly encourage you to try Bulletstorm. It's a great game that got quite under-rated.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123