Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 46

Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One Review

This is a discussion on Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One Review within the Game Reviews forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; thanks for the review. i was on the fence about buying this game but now i'll rent it first and ...

  1. #21
    Prayer Warrior
    Johnny_Sparx's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,393
    Reputation
    79

    thanks for the review. i was on the fence about buying this game but now i'll rent it first and make my decision after that.

    ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

  2. #22
    The Playboy Wikipedia
    Ewok_3000's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Christchurch, NZ
    Posts
    1,187
    Reputation
    53

    Cheers for the review. I still want to give this a try, though right now, I'm still stuck in A Crack In Time trying to get all the trophies I'm missing.
    Amanda Cerny - Playboy's Miss October 2011

    Credit to Saul (from another site) for the sig!

  3. #23
    The Old Guy
    ONUOsFan's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    393
    Reputation
    27

    Quote Originally Posted by xxmirxx View Post
    Kerwan_Ratchet you say this game easy but u haven't even beaten game you shouldn't make review say how easy game if you can't even win platinum.
    OK, how about this, then: I think this is one of the easiest games I've ever played - maybe THE easiest, and I have platted it. Everyone else I've talked to - and these are also people who have the platinum - feels the same way.

    Good enough?

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx View Post
    thanks for the review. i was on the fence about buying this game but now i'll rent it first and make my decision after that.
    Only problem with renting it is that the co-op is the best part of the game and you can't do it (at least not online) without the online pass....





  4. #24
    PRO Member
    Kerwan_Ratchet's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    In a multiverses of different bodies and souls
    Posts
    1,901
    Reputation
    74

    Quote Originally Posted by BigBoss672 View Post
    NOW we understand eachother. (Lol, don't know why i said that.) Believe me, if i still had my R&C games on the PS2 (Sold all my PS2 games & the PS2 for PS3) i would still be playing them cause they're so awesome.
    Fair enough; I still have mine and occasionally pop 'em in for memories sake.




  5. #25
    Royal Flush X2
    omnislash's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,190
    Reputation
    200

    As always great review Kerwan, I figure this game would be around a 6. I'll have to rent this for a fast plat but too bad I'll have to buy the online pass

  6. #26
    PRO Member
    Kerwan_Ratchet's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    In a multiverses of different bodies and souls
    Posts
    1,901
    Reputation
    74

    Quote Originally Posted by omnislash View Post
    As always great review Kerwan, I figure this game would be around a 6. I'll have to rent this for a fast plat but too bad I'll have to buy the online pass
    Cheers mate, and yes you will. It's like Insomniac had to add insult to injury by making us buying the pass when the game is so shite.




  7. #27
    PRO Member
    Kerwan_Ratchet's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    In a multiverses of different bodies and souls
    Posts
    1,901
    Reputation
    74

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBulletBill View Post
    This should be at the very top of the review article, as it's an extremely accurate description of what's to follow.

    The thing is, why wasn't this bias admitted when it was time to pick reviews (if that's how you RT people do things)? You - and as far as I'm concerned, everyone else ranking this badly - came into this with the misguided notion that having "Ratchet and Clank" meant you were going to get clones of other R&C games, and if you didn't, you already decided you weren't gonna like the game.

    Yeah, so the game isn't A+ material like ACIT, that's fair. But judging it solely in the vein of the series thus far isn't. There's a saying, you know, about judging fish by their ability to climb trees...

    <rant involving past events>

    And though I've tried to let the whole guide thing go, I must point out that this attitude towards games you've covered shows how broken the trophy guide system is. You called (or should I say, jumped on a guide someone else called to get your name in there) the guide for this while going into it already hellbent on hating it. Meanwhile, the potential guide writer(s) who actually were going to appreciate the game get shafted. Sure, I'm biased here - I was one of those shafted - but really, who's going to write the better guide? Who's gonna give that guide more attention - the guy who wants to write about the games he enjoys, or the guy who writes because his colored name entitles him to it? I think situations like this ought to have the staff contemplating if the queue is really a smart system, because it doesn't look like it from where I'm standing.

    </rant involving past events>

    Ultimately, the only thing deserving a 6/10 is this review. I implore anyone who's looking for a good coop game or a decent singleplayer to check this one out - if you know what you're getting, you won't regret it.

    (And one last complaint, on a more nitpicky scale, can we please get some appropriate banners? Those character models changed just a bit, you know?)
    To start with, please tell me how this is biased? I decided that the game deserved a 6/10 and gave it a rating as such. Just because I didn't happen to like it it doesn't mean I'm biased. The R&C franchise has certain rules to it, and when those rules were ignored and broken then there was surely to be a disappointment. Insomniac changes the game's law after nearly 9 releases? Brilliant idea.

    And another thing; what does the guide have to do with the review? I was asked to do a co-op guide with a elite guide writer who knew what he was doing and got the call because he deserved it. Just because you didn't get the chance to write it that doesn't mean that nobody else can. :stare:

    And I haven't "covered" any games with the trophy guides, so I have no idea what the hell you're talking about. I wasn't hell bent on hating this game, and the guide has been worked on well enough. What makes you think that you can do better than one of the best trophy guide writers on the site? ONUOS did a fantastic job, and you can't doubt that just because you feel you were superior. And my staff position has nothing to do with it at all, so get that idea out of your head.

    If you want to believe that this game is actually better than a 6/10 then that's entirely up to you. I appreciate your feedback but you have to consider the fact that I'm a massive R&C fan and was severely disappointed with this game. If you want to judge a guide by the fact that you didn't write it then you've got a problem, mate.

    And if you're not happy with the banners (that was completed at extremely short notice) then why don't you make 'em yourself?

    But overall thanks for your feedback.




  8. #28
    Crocodile Hunter
    Ac3stralian's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Straya ****!
    Posts
    2,057
    Reputation
    178

    great response Kerwan

    Sig by Apokolypz



  9. #29
    Lvl 6 - Silver
    emosgirl's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    431
    Reputation
    85

    Great review, Kerwan! Keep it up!

    I was very disappointed in the game as well. If it weren't Ratchet & Clank, I'd be trading it in in a heartbeat. It was so boring. Even the usual R&C humor wasn't really there. This game was really dumbed down and I feel cheated I spent so much for such a short game. If the rest of the R&C games are like this in the future, I won't be buying them anymore. I could go for the plat on this one looking at the trophies but I don't feel like wasting my time. I should trade in my copy because I doubt I'll ever pop it in my PS3 again. So sad.

  10. #30
    PRO Member
    Kerwan_Ratchet's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    In a multiverses of different bodies and souls
    Posts
    1,901
    Reputation
    74

    Quote Originally Posted by emosgirl View Post
    Great review, Kerwan! Keep it up!

    I was very disappointed in the game as well. If it weren't Ratchet & Clank, I'd be trading it in in a heartbeat. It was so boring. Even the usual R&C humor wasn't really there. This game was really dumbed down and I feel cheated I spent so much for such a short game. If the rest of the R&C games are like this in the future, I won't be buying them anymore. I could go for the plat on this one looking at the trophies but I don't feel like wasting my time. I should trade in my copy because I doubt I'll ever pop it in my PS3 again. So sad.
    I feel exactly the same way. I don't know why I even bought the game in the first place. If this is the future of R&C then I'm done with the series.




  11. #31
    Lvl 5 - Silver
    iraqoz's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    328
    Reputation
    15

    wow 6/10 really didnt see that coming...... what a disappointment :stare:
    Quote of the week:
    "For a man to conquer himself is the first and noblest of all victories." - Plato

  12. #32
    PRO Member
    Kerwan_Ratchet's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    In a multiverses of different bodies and souls
    Posts
    1,901
    Reputation
    74

    Quote Originally Posted by iraqoz View Post
    wow 6/10 really didnt see that coming...... what a disappointment :stare:
    It was more than a disappointment for me; as I'm a massive R&C fan.




  13. #33
    Lvl 6 - Silver
    Krazy_Destroyer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    424
    Reputation
    2

    good review. might try it out though, you know because everyone sees and likes different games. Good work though
    I still play Black Ops because me and brother have 2 PS3's and share a copy of Modern Warfare 3. So that is why I play it sometimes. Thats the *ONLY* time I play Black Ops! When brother is not playing MW3, I am!

  14. #34
    The Old Guy
    ONUOsFan's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    393
    Reputation
    27

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBulletBill View Post
    <rant involving past events>

    And though I've tried to let the whole guide thing go, I must point out that this attitude towards games you've covered shows how broken the trophy guide system is. You called (or should I say, jumped on a guide someone else called to get your name in there) the guide for this while going into it already hellbent on hating it. Meanwhile, the potential guide writer(s) who actually were going to appreciate the game get shafted. Sure, I'm biased here - I was one of those shafted - but really, who's going to write the better guide? Who's gonna give that guide more attention - the guy who wants to write about the games he enjoys, or the guy who writes because his colored name entitles him to it? I think situations like this ought to have the staff contemplating if the queue is really a smart system, because it doesn't look like it from where I'm standing.

    </rant involving past events>
    If you're upset because I asked Kerwan to co-op the guide with me, you should take that up with me, not him. He had nothing to do with that decision, and it has absolutely nothing to do with his review.





  15. #35
    Lvl 1 - Bronze
    Muff's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12
    Reputation
    0

    Ill still pick this up after awhile, ive played all the major titles (as in, not Quest for Booty as it seems more of a story filler than a full game, nor Secret Agent Clank, as it isnt a true R&C game), so im hoping that i enjoy this more

    ....just one thing i noticed: throughout the review, and even after, in some posts, this game was compared to ACiT, and to me these comparisons look as if ACiT is the revered "crown game of the series". It seems kind of inaccurate, as I have played every single big R&C game to some extent (borrowed Size Matters, and while i was like 9-ish, i got stuck on Blackwater sewers in the first game...waiting on a collection for another shot these days so i can finally beat it), and i have to say, most of the game were the same, but did bring a slight change to the series....you cant compare this game to just the most recent one, because by now they have it all figured out, and in this age, technology and standards have raised, so of course it has better graphics and controls, and has a better story. I still can argue all day, that Up Your Arsenal and Deadlocked/Gladiator were possibly the two best games, and i still stand by this. Wanting the game to be a carbon copy of another encourages a CoD-like scenario with games...In my eyes, this game deserves praise for trying to do more in the Online field, a feat never touched upon in the series's history. It may have done a shit job at it, but at least they are not accepting any game as a "perfect, end-all game"..they innovate with a new game, be it for better or worse. Not trying to overly be an ass about this, but this review....it summarizes what the key points are, but in the discussion, it lacks in totally conveying this to me.

    for lazy people, Tl:dr summary- in the review, it seems like the whole game you were hoping for a carbon copy of a previous installment of the series, which isnt very fair. Each game has it's own little perks and tweaks, and that makes each a special game. Besides this, it seems you want Insomniac to go down the CoD road with rehashes: this isnt fair, and while the rating may be accurate (which i cannot say yet), the reviews fails to really appraise the fact that this was something daring for the series...it wouldnt be perfect, and it wont be like any of the games before it. Not only that, but the review fails to really get into the issues and strong points, it just points them out in the end summary to me. Suggestion: you can never, EVER let bias work its way into a game's appraisal, each is it's own game, even if it borrows heavily from others (even CoD changes stuff...usually maps, guns, and the story, but that isnt the point). Evaluate every aspect, think of what the game aimed to do, and how it did with this....give it deep though

    Please....dont rep me thank you

  16. #36
    Lvl 1 - Bronze


    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1
    Reputation
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by CodeNameMclovin View Post
    Ill still pick this up after awhile, ive played all the major titles (as in, not Quest for Booty as it seems more of a story filler than a full game, nor Secret Agent Clank, as it isnt a true R&C game), so im hoping that i enjoy this more

    ....just one thing i noticed: throughout the review, and even after, in some posts, this game was compared to ACiT, and to me these comparisons look as if ACiT is the revered "crown game of the series". It seems kind of inaccurate, as I have played every single big R&C game to some extent (borrowed Size Matters, and while i was like 9-ish, i got stuck on Blackwater sewers in the first game...waiting on a collection for another shot these days so i can finally beat it), and i have to say, most of the game were the same, but did bring a slight change to the series....you cant compare this game to just the most recent one, because by now they have it all figured out, and in this age, technology and standards have raised, so of course it has better graphics and controls, and has a better story. I still can argue all day, that Up Your Arsenal and Deadlocked/Gladiator were possibly the two best games, and i still stand by this. Wanting the game to be a carbon copy of another encourages a CoD-like scenario with games...In my eyes, this game deserves praise for trying to do more in the Online field, a feat never touched upon in the series's history. It may have done a shit job at it, but at least they are not accepting any game as a "perfect, end-all game"..they innovate with a new game, be it for better or worse. Not trying to overly be an ass about this, but this review....it summarizes what the key points are, but in the discussion, it lacks in totally conveying this to me.

    for lazy people, Tl:dr summary- in the review, it seems like the whole game you were hoping for a carbon copy of a previous installment of the series, which isnt very fair. Each game has it's own little perks and tweaks, and that makes each a special game. Besides this, it seems you want Insomniac to go down the CoD road with rehashes: this isnt fair, and while the rating may be accurate (which i cannot say yet), the reviews fails to really appraise the fact that this was something daring for the series...it wouldnt be perfect, and it wont be like any of the games before it. Not only that, but the review fails to really get into the issues and strong points, it just points them out in the end summary to me. Suggestion: you can never, EVER let bias work its way into a game's appraisal, each is it's own game, even if it borrows heavily from others (even CoD changes stuff...usually maps, guns, and the story, but that isnt the point). Evaluate every aspect, think of what the game aimed to do, and how it did with this....give it deep though
    I completely agree with this statement. I just got and finished the game, and I already knew that it wasn't going to be anything like A Crack In Time. So I wasn't expecting it. Now, this game doesn't have space exploration or wrench tethers but that's not what Insomniac was TRYING to do. Hardly anyone seems to realize that. They thought, "we've made a near perfect single player experience in ACiT, but what about a co-operative experience?" I'd give this game a 10/10 if it weren't for the length and server bugs which hopefully will get patched soon (this ruins online for me which makes it 8 or 9 until it's fixed). And I only beat ACiT 3 or 4 times after platinum but I have gotten all the in-game trophies in UYA at least 10 times.

    And I hate being a jerk, but no matter how much you deny it you are being totally biased Kerwan. It's obvious you wanted ACiT which is totally understandable. But that's not how Insomniac wants you to feel when playing this game. Don't think, "it's not at all like the previous R&C games," but instead think, "How does this game stand on it's own." 2/10 for single player? Seriously? That's obviously a biased judgement because of ACiT's single player.

  17. #37
    PRO Member
    Kerwan_Ratchet's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    In a multiverses of different bodies and souls
    Posts
    1,901
    Reputation
    74

    Quote Originally Posted by VideoGameMania View Post
    And I hate being a jerk, but no matter how much you deny it you are being totally biased Kerwan. It's obvious you wanted ACiT which is totally understandable. But that's not how Insomniac wants you to feel when playing this game. Don't think, "it's not at all like the previous R&C games," but instead think, "How does this game stand on it's own." 2/10 for single player? Seriously? That's obviously a biased judgement because of ACiT's single player.
    I didn't just give it a rating based on what I wanted from ACiT. I gave it the rating I felt it deserve because it was below average. As far as I'm concerned the only reason why I haven't cut the disc in half is because it has the Ratchet and Clank name in the title. It's like the developers wanted to make a kids game but knew it wouldn't sell that well, so they took the R&C name.

    And developers should know better than to completely change the forumla of an entire game almost a decade into a series. I know that CoD is the completel opposite of that, but this is the other extreme, and it was extremely disappointing for a die-hard Ratchet and Clank fan.




  18. #38
    Possessed
    BeautifulTorment's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    75
    Reputation
    2

    Its kind of unfortunate that you gave this game a 6/10. The reason being, you had your mind made up about this game the moment it was announced. No matter what this game offered, it would never get a higher rating than a 6 from you. I remember the day it was announced, you made a thread saying "ALL 4 ONE IS THE WORST GAME EVAAAAAAAR". Its a disgrace that you were allowed to write your slanted review here.

    I'll take what you said in your review, ignore every last bit of it, and pick up the game later when its cheaper.
    Thanks to Ramonalicious for the sig.

  19. #39
    PRO Member
    Kerwan_Ratchet's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    In a multiverses of different bodies and souls
    Posts
    1,901
    Reputation
    74

    Quote Originally Posted by BeautifulTorment View Post
    Its kind of unfortunate that you gave this game a 6/10. The reason being, you had your mind made up about this game the moment it was announced. No matter what this game offered, it would never get a higher rating than a 6 from you. I remember the day it was announced, you made a thread saying "ALL 4 ONE IS THE WORST GAME EVAAAAAAAR". Its a disgrace that you were allowed to write your slanted review here.

    I'll take what you said in your review, ignore every last bit of it, and pick up the game later when its cheaper.
    I didn't make my mind up the moment it was announced. I was looking forward to it and I had high hopes when I popped it in my PS3. I was throughly disappointed and it would have gotten a higher score if it were a good game.

    And no, I didn't make a thread saying that the day the game was announced, nor at any point, so I don't know what you're playing at.

    If you really think it's a "disgrace" that I could write my review here then it seems you have trouble understanding that other people have different opinions and they don't always match yours. You haven't even played the game as you said so yourself, so how is my opinion disgraceful when you haven't even formed your own? :stare:




  20. #40
    Retired
    Undrey's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Afterlife Sahara Desert
    Posts
    2,271
    Reputation
    84

    If someone who isn't a fan of Ratchet and Clank reviewed it, it would've gotten a higher score.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:21 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO