Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Review

This is a discussion on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Review within the Game Reviews forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Originally Posted by DJ_Keyser Yes, I think the point was missed, ha ha. Sorry, I didn't realise the can of ...

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Keyser View Post
    Yes, I think the point was missed, ha ha. Sorry, I didn't realise the can of worms I was opening. Like I said, I respect your review because I think it was fair. I mentioned in an earlier post, I don't think many would have judged this game on it's merits alone, minus the hype or hate. I think you did well, and didn't fall into the same kind of pressure-trap that a lot of reviewers seemed to.
    Note for people saying to stop comparing MW and AC: I never fucking compared Assassins Creed and MW as games, for fuck's sake. I was comparing their respective REVIEWS and the reasons given for the ratings. Check the words and what they form when they're stringed together in a sentence, y'all, ha ha.
    Note Pt 2: As long as these discussions don't turn into a fan-boy hate war, I think it's quite healthy to have and definitely teaches me a lot more about others opinions, how they're formed, etc. The more I learn about how opinions are formed teaches me a little more respect needless to say, whether someone thinks the same way I do or not, I respect that person for saying what they feel and backing it up with a level-head. (That doesn't count if you just say 'MW3 rulz, u fgt')
    Haha it's fine

I tried my hardest to write an honest and fair review without like you said falling under the pressure of scoring it high because it's CoD.

Whilst it's a healthy discussion I don't mind, it's only bringing in more people to see the review

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by ONUOsFan View Post
    Um, that's because the same ol' COD is still a lot better than the best AC game to date. Obviously.
    Haha yer totally agree, I have played ACII and ACB and personally think they aren't a patch on cod!

Great review Curse! I'd personally have veered towards the 9/10 mark though

Lvl 6 - Silver

Great Review! i'm no fan of the cod games but this one looks good..

Buy my book, Alteration

A nice and fair review. Maybe I'll try this one out.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Lvl 4 - Silver

From a place called south east london - I heard your mum's got bunions... fam what!?

I think he maps in multiplayer are shit.
    Game play - 10
    Single player - 9
    Multiplayer - 7
    Technical - 6

Overall - 8 (exactly)
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ManicRipper2?feature=mhee

LOTR: Conquest/COD: [email protected]/Mirror's Edge/Transformers: ROTF/Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/MW2/God of War III/LittleBigPlanet/Bad Company 2/COD Classic/InFamous/Uncharted 2: Among Thieves/Trine/Burnout Paradise/inFAMOUS 2/COD: Black Ops/Assassin's Creed II/Anarchy: Rush Hour/MW3/Battlefield 3/Prototype 2/Far Cry 3/Sleeping Dogs/NFS:Most Wanted/FIFA13

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Keyser View Post
    And if it's so similar, why create another game? Why not just do this as DLC? Oh, because they can get away with adding a 3 on the end.
    Something that's pissed me off with reviews done by 'proper' games journalists is inconsistency in scoring reviews. The main gripe is comparing their reviews of MW3 versus AC: Revelations. The vast majority have said MW3 is practically the same as MW2, but give it a 9 or 10. Then they state that AC: Revelations is the best Assassin's Creed to date, but give it a 7 or an 8. Where is the consistency? I feel a lot of journalists feel pressure to award a high score for MW3 (which they'll never admit for fear of losing integrity and rightfully so) due to the power Activision has in the industry.
    However, I believe that the dickheads going on Metacritic giving MW3 1 or 2 out of 10 are just retarded. Seriously, what the fuck are they thinking? Immature fanboys.
    BTW, Curse, I think your review was great and I think 8/10 is a fair score. Well done.
    Exactly....

INTJ

nice to know BF3 Is better than COD according to how you reviewed both of them.

PRO Member

I gave it 7/10

Death is Awaiting....

Quote Originally Posted by Anthnytdwg View Post
    DELETEDSpam post giving away a key part in the plot
    Spoiler.. :stare:
    Last edited by Curse; 11-28-2011 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Quote contained spoilers
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig by Achantion

worlds biggest welch fan

Quote Originally Posted by Manic Ripper View Post
    I think he maps in multiplayer are shit.
    Game play - 10
    Single player - 9
    Multiplayer - 7
    Technical - 6

Overall - 8 (exactly)
    It took me awhile to figure the maps and when your rocking one to 2 bars with a crap host you will die.
    36 hours in and its just the spawn points that bother me from time to time.
    sometime Ill pop up right right behind the person that killed me or vise versa. (KiL.)
    Sig By Me

Mirrors Edge Platinum

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    nice to know BF3 Is better than COD according to how you reviewed both of them.
    ...Does it really matter? REALLY? : P

Lvl 1 - Bronze

good game. i think the graphics and maps could be better though. i also think searching for the intel in campaign was fun too.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I thought the game looked amazing despite the old tech and engine, some of the most detailed models in any game and the set pieces are amazing.

I personally hate the multiplayer though I really think it's something you gotta play with a group of mates, and even then it really drags after a bit.

The Survival mode is great though.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

QuoteNUOs is right. If a formula is right, don't fix it, as it works. But the big question is, how long will this format stay fresh, as opposed to going stale?

Stop making COD games when the formula gets old..........and I'm not buying BO2. It is STARTING to get old but BO2 looks like it might be different form other COD's. But I think MW3 might be my last COD.
    Last edited by EpicGuy101; 06-28-2012 at 07:18 AM. Reason: Spelling Error
    "I'm loyal to nothing...except the Dream"

- Steve Rogers

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I love Call Of Duty, but for mw3 the spawn are terrible when enemy's are right behind you. 8/10
    Don't grumble if you don't get what you want, your lucky you don't get what you deserve.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123