Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Review

This is a discussion on Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Review within the Game Reviews forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; i enjoyed what part of the game I played, but what i do remember distinctly ,the fact you pretty much ...

Lvl 5 - Silver

i enjoyed what part of the game I played, but what i do remember distinctly ,the fact you pretty much have zero camera control, was the one thing that stopped me from re-renting it, i really couldnt believe that the first time I played it.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I've been wanting to play this... Worth the buy? Or should I just rent it?

Lvl 5 - Silver

Rent may be the way to go at $6 for 5 days(thats what my Block Buster charges) or if you can get it used for $20 or less, good deal there too.

But with a rent you can see if its a game you would enjoy going for a completed game/or platinum,& see if you got no problem with the no camera control, which i did.

Entirely your call, i always try to rent ones first when in question.

MK Plat = Overrated

Ughh. I hate Blockbuster. I feel like they are a rip-off in todays day and age. Just my opinion.

Anyways, yea, I agree that just because this review is well after the release of the game doesn't make it a bad thing. I've been waiting for this game to get close to $20 before I bought it. I never buy games fresh from their release unless they are PSN games. I only make the PSN games the exception because they never go down in price. Besides, if you want a review right away, go look at IGN. However, I prefer a game reviewer that has two brain cells to rub together so, I'll stick to this site.

Isn't this site big enough to gain a little attention from developers to send you copies? Things that make you go "hmm."

Great review guys! Keep up the good work!

Lvl 5 - Silver

yea but BB can serve its purpose, like recently Uncharted 3 was rented, 5 days , all trophies & a platinum, hardly a rip off, i'd say i recieved my $6 worth.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Love the game but it was just missing a certain feeling from Castlevania. Mainly the using of items you get awarded. The quick time event were silly and it did seem a bit grindy but the voice, story, music, enviroments kept me playing most the way through. Maybe I will complete it now thanks to this.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I think the game was well made. Im am actually trying to get platinum on it and I have to say its a worthy plat!!! The graphics were really nice plus it supports 3D t.v. Which is a plus and the storyline is epic based on its a path that leads to good boss fights. But I have to say there was nothing that I didnt like about this game. Good review btw. But i felt it should have got a 9.5.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I have to agree that this game is good but not excellent, which 8.5 is somehow a right score. The storyline is a bit slow whereby the real excitement starts only after Belmont challenges his first lord of the shadow. I also totally agree the narratives at every stages really affect the game's presentation, in term of the continuity. It makes the whole game seem draggy and monotonous. Will love this game if able to have a better game presentation with not too many narrations plus cut-scenes. By the way, it is a way better and more insight review than most of the famous game websites, which I don't want to mention.

hal
    Lvl 1 - Bronze

i just got this and as an oldschool CV fan I wasn't surprised that it isn't as good as it can be. imo CV can only be good in 2d.. scratch that, it can only be it's best and truly feel like CV in 2d.. if you know what i mean. (sotn, and the handheld titles come to mind)

anyway i am only on chapter 2 and i feel a bit overwhelmed here. the way it seems as tho i am missing lots of items and need to level up my abilities makes me feel as tho i should just go and grind the few levels i already beat.. but that is just me being crazy. i think i will just go gung ho and try to beat it all at once on easy then go and do all the grindy trophy crap

Game on....

I'll just add my two cents and say this is an outstanding game. Good review but i would give the game a 9/10.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12