Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Review

This is a discussion on The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Review within the Game Reviews forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Originally Posted by Kerwan_Ratchet Pah, get it eariler than that. But then I have to pay for it lol. I'll ...

Local Drunk

Quote Originally Posted by Kerwan_Ratchet View Post
    Pah, get it eariler than that.
    But then I have to pay for it lol. I'll see if I can get it for a good price and while I'm at it I'll grab Batman AC

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    But then I have to pay for it lol. I'll see if I can get it for a good price and while I'm at it I'll grab Batman AC
    You'll be getting two of the best games of the year at once in that case. Good man.

PRO Member

Excellent reviews, well articulated and easy and a good read. I don't know Rage was thrown into the hoopla but I never experienced the problems that have been expressed, I really enjoyed Rage and thought the graphics were phenominal and a 60 fps to boot anyways I love Skyrim and I loved Rage I feel so lucky to have been able to enjoy both

PRO Member

Finally after about 2 weeks of having the game, I hit a glitch. A dragon appeared, perched on a building and then didn't attack. I just sat there and let me kill it. Not the worst glitch to have happen I suppose.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthnytdwg View Post
    Finally after about 2 weeks of having the game, I hit a glitch. A dragon appeared, perched on a building and then didn't attack. I just sat there and let me kill it. Not the worst glitch to have happen I suppose.
    Not at all; there are by far worse glitches that can occur.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

From my personal experience of Skyrim glitches seem to happen more and more once you've played the game for more than 50 hours.
    In my first 50 hours I think the game crashed once, and a few dead enemies fell into the ground so I couldn't loot them which I'd consider to be fair considering the freedom Skyrim gives you, now I'm 80ish hours in and I'm strugling to go more than 30 minutes without serious framerate reduction or crashes. I've turned off all autosave options as I noticed most crashes happened while a lot is happening around you while the game tries to autosave, this seemed to fix the problem to an extent, however the game can still crash if enough is happening. Also a few dragons have been acting wierd recently (flying backwards or insanely fast/teleporting and never landing) which is annoying but luckily the dragons which glitched were non-story related.
    So in responce to the original score given for the technical side of the game and other comments, I think 9/10 is fair if the game was ment to be played for 20-30 hours, however once things start getting bad (50 hours mark for me, and similar for a few friends who also own the game) anything above a 3/10 would be more than the game deserves.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Azzmosis View Post
    , I think 9/10 is fair if the game was ment to be played for 20-30 hours, however once things start getting bad (50 hours mark for me, and similar for a few friends who also own the game) anything above a 3/10 would be more than the game deserves.
    I would have to disagree with you there. I've gotten in roughly 50 as well, and one of my friends has gotten in 70 and I seriously can't see the difference in glitches. In fact I experienced more glitches when I was starting out than in any other time in the game.

I also have to take into account the fact that the game is open world, has a staggering amount of content and (of course) is made by Besethda. If it were a small, linear game from a developer that never allows glitches to enter the game then I would give the techinical score 3/10. It gave it the score I did for the reasons that caused it to have glitches, if that makes sense.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Kerwan_Ratchet View Post
    I would have to disagree with you there. I've gotten in roughly 50 as well, and one of my friends has gotten in 70 and I seriously can't see the difference in glitches. In fact I experienced more glitches when I was starting out than in any other time in the game.

I also have to take into account the fact that the game is open world, has a staggering amount of content and (of course) is made by Besethda. If it were a small, linear game from a developer that never allows glitches to enter the game then I would give the techinical score 3/10. It gave it the score I did for the reasons that caused it to have glitches, if that makes sense.
    I guess I've just been unlucky with the game, hopefully that'll change as I'm still a while away from my plat + I will probably carry on after that. Despite the crashes I've been experiencing I'm still enjoying the game.
    And I get what you mean about still giving the game a high score for the technical side due to its size and the freedom to change the places you visit to a massive extent, however I still believe that the game should have been released in a more reliable form, maybe 3/10 was unfair in my last post, but I can still justify it from my experience with Skyrim.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Azzmosis View Post
    I guess I've just been unlucky with the game, hopefully that'll change as I'm still a while away from my plat + I will probably carry on after that. Despite the crashes I've been experiencing I'm still enjoying the game.
    And I get what you mean about still giving the game a high score for the technical side due to its size and the freedom to change the places you visit to a massive extent, however I still believe that the game should have been released in a more reliable form, maybe 3/10 was unfair in my last post, but I can still justify it from my experience with Skyrim.
    Indeed; as everyone's experience is and will always be different. Especially when it comes to a game such as this; and how much you're willing to tolerate.

Harvester of Souls

Quote Originally Posted by [FnG] Unholy Eve View Post
    Great review and I can relate to most of it including the many flaws of the game. The one thing that does bug me is that I didn't find the various questlines long enough they all felt far to small compared to the questlines of saw Morrowind. I do miss the "ranks" of the various factions and found if a bit too quick to progress from a simple new recruit to the grandmaster of the guild even the main questline wasn't that impressively long, maybe I'm expecting too much from the games of this generation or maybe it's cause I'm now older and wiser heck maybe even Morrowind might not provide as much enjoyment as it did back then.
    Firstly, Much older now myself and I sitll find MOrrowind completely as enjoyable as it used to be . Play it from time to time on PC now so yehh . Agree with you about questlines not being as long and factions being a bit dull with lack of a few key parts that other Elder Scrolls games included with them, kinda hurts Skyrim a bit, but shapes it into a bit more unique Elder Scrolls expderience in a way.

But to the review, excellent and agree completely with it . I've not had any really game breaking glitches, other than minor lag or textures so no issues with rating there and graphichs and singleplayer story are as epic as can be expected . Very nicely done review ! Suppose for each indivdual, rating is different based on their own experiences and play style, but for me, review matches perfectly.

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by NeroRadec707 View Post
    Firstly, Much older now myself and I sitll find MOrrowind completely as enjoyable as it used to be . Play it from time to time on PC now so yehh . Agree with you about questlines not being as long and factions being a bit dull with lack of a few key parts that other Elder Scrolls games included with them, kinda hurts Skyrim a bit, but shapes it into a bit more unique Elder Scrolls expderience in a way.

But to the review, excellent and agree completely with it . I've not had any really game breaking glitches, other than minor lag or textures so no issues with rating there and graphichs and singleplayer story are as epic as can be expected . Very nicely done review ! Suppose for each indivdual, rating is different based on their own experiences and play style, but for me, review matches perfectly.
    Glad to see you enjoyed it and agreed with the score. I personally found the game a lot less clunky and "weighed down" than previous TES and Fallout games so I approved of that in a massive way.

Harvester of Souls

Yeah.. I didn't care for Falout 3 at all(didn't play New Vegas cause didn't like 3 so yeah), but I did manage to plat it more for trophy sake and to TRY and like it.. it was enjoyable at times.. but forced myself to play it and it was a nightmare thanks to lag and glitches and corrupt files and such. Kinda like what ppl say about Skyrim, however, I have NO WHERE near what everyone claims.. not sure if just my system and why i play and save or what I'm doing differently, sooo yeah your score seemed completely agreeable for me . Now I'd have issues if like everyone else my game glitched and was as broken, luckily it's not haha. Now Morrowind on the other hand was very very glitchy and busted, BUT such an epic game, no one cared .. least not me and on PC can work around alot of it. .

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by NeroRadec707 View Post
    Yeah.. I didn't care for Falout 3 at all(didn't play New Vegas cause didn't like 3 so yeah), but I did manage to plat it more for trophy sake and to TRY and like it.. it was enjoyable at times.. but forced myself to play it and it was a nightmare thanks to lag and glitches and corrupt files and such. Kinda like what ppl say about Skyrim, however, I have NO WHERE near what everyone claims.. not sure if just my system and why i play and save or what I'm doing differently, sooo yeah your score seemed completely agreeable for me . Now I'd have issues if like everyone else my game glitched and was as broken, luckily it's not haha. Now Morrowind on the other hand was very very glitchy and busted, BUT such an epic game, no one cared .. least not me and on PC can work around alot of it. .
    Personally I found FO3 to have a lot more glitches than NV did. However, I've only played them on PC so I can't say anything about the PS3 versions. I have also played the PC version of Skyrim, and I can say that the glitches are exactly the same if not worse.

Nope, nothing

Finally got around the reading this Kerwan

Very good read, I can't really disagree with any of it...well maybe I could change 'miniscule' flaws to 'minor'

I've actually not played the game for a couple of days but your review has made me want to get back into it again, so off I go into the land of Skyrim

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post

Very good read, I can't really disagree with any of it...well maybe I could change 'miniscule' flaws to 'minor'

I've actually not played the game for a couple of days but your review has made me want to get back into it again, so off I go into the land of Skyrim
    Glad to you that you finally did read it.
    And you stopped playing it? How dare you!

Crocodile Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post

you could always forget you owned it and send it to your fellow cousin across the pond

Sig by Apokolypz

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ac3dUd3- View Post
    you could always forget you owned it and send it to your fellow cousin across the pond
    I don't think he's heard of Gosford before mate.

Player Hater

I had no idea the reviews section were the secret meeting places of Ugg Boot and Canadian geese fetishists, Kerwan. Not the best place to be posting literary abominations, methinks.

PRO Member

Anyone else find it kind of funny that all the guild quests end with you being the leader of the guilds? My mana base is only 150, and i'm arch-mage lol...i know like 10 spells. I'm very well qualified.

Threat

Quote Originally Posted by kxmdeijctuh View Post
    dcleakocmkfjwevzofryqumoizv, <a rel="nofollow" href="http://acsystem-sn.com/">Amazon Coupons</a>, dvmrwbmgh, Amazon Discount, dJWnhmtis, http://acsystem-sn.com/ Amazon Discount Coupons, kcUibzcrx, <a rel="nofollow" href="http://mon-boucher.com/">Amazon Gift Card</a>, xjCbzWhPG, Amazon Discounts, LaYFZvgYw, http://mon-boucher.com/ Amazon Deals, PFpeLtIdZ, <a rel="nofollow" href="http://bloggertheme.net/">Amazon Coupon</a>, emPtdDRXT, Amazon Discount Code, DIEmZeiIg, http://bloggertheme.net/ Amazon Discount Codes, hiGytpsjw, <a rel="nofollow" href="http://olivierdexant.com>Amazon Christmas</a>, wGimVxqgl, Amazon Christmas Presents, CCTvJbxlH, http://olivierdexant.com/ Amazon Christmas Deals, JwXyYEFwe, <a rel="nofollow" href="http://web-search-force.com/">Amazon Gifts</a>, mPCPupqun, Amazon Christmas Ideas, ZCNPYQELz, http://web-search-force.com/ Amazon Cheap Deals,IrKyxslMP, <a rel="nofollow" href="http://pregnancysymptomssigns.net/">Pregnancy Symptoms</a>, IlOxkaeNZ, Pregnany Week by Week, RhjfzgCsh, Pregnancy Symptoms Pregnancy Calculator, SyYGvbXAq.
    The hell is this shit?
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast