Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Review

This is a discussion on The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Review within the Game Reviews forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Originally Posted by O1KING01 great work on the review guys getting my copy tomorrow You mean you don't have it ...

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Quote Originally Posted by O1KING01 View Post
    great work on the review guys
    getting my copy tomorrow
    You mean you don't have it already? /jk

You'll love it.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

really enjoyed this game. very unfortunate with the issues for the dlc though

Rangers F.C

Excellent review , I have had the game for ages but thought I would read the review anyway , since all the glitches have been fixed with updates and the game is still excellent after hundreds of hours of gameplay I would score it 10/10 across the board .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

My favourite game of this gen and easily one of my all time greats with it.

I was luckier than most with regards to freezing, glitching etc. Had a pretty clean run for all but the first 15 hours.

The flaws i did see paled in comparison to the deep level of immersion in the gameworld i felt, the way it kept pushing me gently to explore it was magical, sounds odd i know but i assure you it was magical, the amount of games i've played that try to keep you interested beyond completing the main story and fail is stupendous, Skyrim did not fail, i never wanted it to end.The only real downside to the whole thing was the cruddy ending to the main questline yet even that can't sully my fond memories of Skyrim.

You could knock points off for the various issues that have plagued PS3's version from DLC no shows to escalating game save files but it still stands far above the competition in terms of an actual gaming experience. It doesn't just feel epic, it is epic. The musical score is rousing and lends to the heroic feeling you get from battling Dragons, the world feels busy and alive, the fiddling about with skills and equipment is near perfectly balanced and nothing feels as satisfying as discovering something you knew squat about beforehand.

I adore Skyrim, it stays burned into my memory to this day far stronger than nearly all the things i've played on PS3, It's a special game for me, cannot imagine how good the next Elder Scrolls title could be after this.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I played Oblivion before Skyrim came out and I thought that Skyrim was much better, because it had more to offer. So many Quests and skills to do and level up that I don't know if you can realy ever beat it. 9/10 but if it had the DLC's like Pc and Xbox I think I would give it a 9.5/10 or a 10/10.

Final Fantasy XIV Guru

Waaaiitt.. I haven't played it in a while, but doesn't it have an AUTOSAVE? That should eliminate any issues you have with glitches and having to start over again. :/ They aren't game breaking and can be changed by you doing anything other than what you just did. Say, fast traveling to another city and back? Fixes it. It is another "instance" for the game and the same code will not be run the same way.

Great review Kerwan. I applaud you for your unbiased review of the game. Skyrim is truly one of the best of its year and is well worth a 9/10.

Signature created by: DaRe_xLw

Lvl 10 - Platinum

This game just is flat out awful and I find it pain staking to play for more then 10 minutes and wish I could delete the trophy list from my system. I'm glad I only paid $15 for it last year. I do not like the map on top of the screen and I wish it was an actual map in the corner so I know where I am actually going.

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by MAXTHUNDER View Post
    This game just is flat out awful and I find it pain staking to play for more then 10 minutes and wish I could delete the trophy list from my system. I'm glad I only paid $15 for it last year. I do not like the map on top of the screen and I wish it was an actual map in the corner so I know where I am actually going.
    Don't hear the word awful used much to describe Skyrim , for the record the map at the top works great too .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    Don't hear the word awful used much to describe Skyrim , for the record the map at the top works great too .
    I just do not like that style of map. I just cannot wait for the PS4 cause the graphics are just terrible and even with the patches it's like why is this guy have clothes on and then all of a sudden nude or when I'm searching a wolf and it becomes air bourne and begins spinning. This game should not have been released. But what else do you expect from a Bethesda game. WET, Brink, FO 3, FO: NV and Hunted: Demon's Forge were all terrible games and yes I know Bethesda only published those games but why did they let them launch. Just atrocious if you ask me. The only one that got poor reviews that I liked was Rogue Warrior

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Quote Originally Posted by MAXTHUNDER View Post
    I just do not like that style of map. I just cannot wait for the PS4 cause the graphics are just terrible and even with the patches it's like why is this guy have clothes on and then all of a sudden nude or when I'm searching a wolf and it becomes air bourne and begins spinning. This game should not have been released. But what else do you expect from a Bethesda game. WET, Brink, FO 3, FO: NV and Hunted: Demon's Forge were all terrible games and yes I know Bethesda only published those games but why did they let them launch. Just atrocious if you ask me. The only one that got poor reviews that I liked was Rogue Warrior
    It's an open world game. The visuals aren't that much better on the PC unless you have mods. Believe me, I'd know.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456