Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33

2011 Review Team Game of the Year Awards: Most Surprising Game of 2011

This is a discussion on 2011 Review Team Game of the Year Awards: Most Surprising Game of 2011 within the Game Reviews forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; I will need to check out these games! I played Bulletstorm, the game was unique, but I just had too ...

  1. #21
    Administrator
    Breakpoint's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    485
    Reputation
    39

    I will need to check out these games!

    I played Bulletstorm, the game was unique, but I just had too many glitches for it to be too enjoyable. The multiplayer did not work either near release which was a downer and the reason I returned it disappointed.

  2. #22
    PRO Member
    Gauss's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,243
    Reputation
    98

    Quote Originally Posted by Breakpoint View Post
    I played Bulletstorm, the game was unique, but I just had too many glitches for it to be too enjoyable. The multiplayer did not work either near release which was a downer and the reason I returned it disappointed.
    I had some issues, but I was also playing over DSL... So I blamed all of my dropped games (~1/10 games) on that.

    Of course my issues were relegated solely to MP, I had a flawless time in the SP arena. The SP is where I find Bulletstorm to be really stellar.

    Its one of the games on my list that has a real sense of humor about itself to the point of it being satirical in nature, and I find that refreshing in the FPS arena where games like CoD saturate the market with their overtly stupid set-piece-theater stories that are so incredibly serious in tone...

    I don't know, I guess I just really liked a game that came along and took the set-piece thing so over the top and center its comical story around it in a very tongue-in-cheek manner. It took me off-guard, in a good way.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.


    Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

  3. #23
    Lvl 2 - Bronze
    germ1984's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Worthing, UK
    Posts
    92
    Reputation
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Gauss View Post
    Enslaved was a VERY close 4th place.

    If I was making the list personally, it would have been on my list, but this was a team-wide vote.
    Enslaved would have got my backing. If it had actually come out this year, that is....
    Last edited by germ1984; 12-23-2011 at 09:39 PM.

  4. #24
    Lvl 4 - Silver
    TheExiledMarine's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    279
    Reputation
    8

    Even though I'm not a fan of AC. I was stunned to find out that they made Revelations due to the fact that Brotherhood hadn't even come out that long.

    Signature And Avatar Made By DjungList!
    Splinter Cell Chaos Theory Platinum #10

  5. #25
    Click-Click-Kaboom
    Il_WidowmakeR_Il's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Roanoke Virginia
    Posts
    298
    Reputation
    22

    It's about the Creed!!

    PSN- Il_WidowmakeR_Il



  6. #26
    PRO Member
    Gauss's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,243
    Reputation
    98

    Quote Originally Posted by germ1984 View Post
    Enslaved would have got my backing. If it had actually come out this year, that is....
    Oh shit, well thats embarassing. I set the rules and end up violating them with an absent-minded mistake. Don't know why but for some reason I thought it came out in Dec. 2010.

    Didn't end up changing anything though.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.


    Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

  7. #27
    Lvl 3 - Bronze
    nuta1's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    england
    Posts
    195
    Reputation
    3

    1st place bulletstorm is this a joke! who saying this is a better game then AC:R!!! CAN I HAVE SUM OF WHAT YOUR ON PLEASE

    ACR shouldn't even be in this list anyway most people have played it before so why is it a surprise!

  8. #28
    Lvl 6 - Silver
    Cheeseclown's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    446
    Reputation
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Gauss View Post
    Well, for the Review Team members who voted for it atleast, many had low expectations for Assassin's Creed and found the new story elements and gameplay devices introduced to really give the series some momentum after what they felt was a poor outing for the last Assassin's Creed titles.

    The majority of the Review Team felt that Skyrim actually did not meet expectations levied for the game, while the environment is deep and fun, it also has more than a few bugs.

    Keep in mind too that this is based on voting, and I can tell you that (outside of Bulletstorm) everything else was very close. Assassin's Creed barely beat out Enslaved for 3rd place.
    I see your point I just heard most surprising game so i was expecting games I have never heard of or barely have heard of i was surprised to see a big name game that had a lot of commercials aired for the game

  9. #29
    Kiwi Defender
    Nagflar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Vice City
    Posts
    6,570
    Reputation
    386

    Quote Originally Posted by nuta1 View Post
    1st place bulletstorm is this a joke! who saying this is a better game then AC:R!!! CAN I HAVE SUM OF WHAT YOUR ON PLEASE

    ACR shouldn't even be in this list anyway most people have played it before so why is it a surprise!
    I guess you totally missed the point of this particual category or have a lack of reading domprehension skills.

    You give Marlon Brandon a bad name, you should change your avatar to someone like Adam Sandler or Ben Stiller.

    Toggle Spoiler



    Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

  10. #30
    Lvl 1 - Bronze
    Jaykane's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Kildare
    Posts
    1
    Reputation
    0

    Looks like its time to finnaly play stacking

  11. #31
    Lvl 3 - Bronze
    nuta1's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    england
    Posts
    195
    Reputation
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    I guess you totally missed the point of this particual category or have a lack of reading domprehension skills.

    You give Marlon Brandon a bad name, you should change your avatar to someone like Adam Sandler or Ben Stiller.
    so because one person expected AC:R to fail and not live up to its hype it desevere's 3rd place in Most Surprising Game of 2011
    sounds like an excuse to put it in the list rather then earning a place in a list it shouldn't even be in! so why don't you go change your avatar to a clown! because AC:R will not be a surprise to anyone

  12. #32
    The Temple of the King
    skinner49's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Syosset, NY
    Posts
    392
    Reputation
    10

    Because of this thread, I got Stacking and thoroughly enjoyed it. Thank you PS3T community, this is what I love about you guys.


    Thou who seeketh the King's sword!
    I am the Old King.
    Show me thine strength and the strength of thine souls.
    Prepare thyself, brave knight.



  13. #33
    Kiwi Defender
    Nagflar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Vice City
    Posts
    6,570
    Reputation
    386

    Quote Originally Posted by nuta1 View Post
    so because one person expected AC:R to fail and not live up to its hype it desevere's 3rd place in Most Surprising Game of 2011
    sounds like an excuse to put it in the list rather then earning a place in a list it shouldn't even be in! so why don't you go change your avatar to a clown! because AC:R will not be a surprise to anyone
    Yeah, because no one expected AC:R's multiplayer to offer an actual improvement and not a simple copy&paste job, like with practically every other SP game that had MP added to it on a following sequel. Guess you can foresee the future!

    Toggle Spoiler



    Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:33 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO