Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2011 Review Team Game of the Year Awards: Best Singleplayer Game of 2011

This is a discussion on 2011 Review Team Game of the Year Awards: Best Singleplayer Game of 2011 within the Game Reviews forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; As 2011 comes to a close the Review Team took a look back at all the great games of 2011 ...

PRO Member

2011 Review Team Game of the Year Awards: Best Singleplayer Game of 2011

As 2011 comes to a close the Review Team took a look back at all the great games of 2011 and decided to bring PS3Trophies.com our selection for:

Best Singleplayer Game of 2011

We define a game's singleplayer experience as the overall game that is experienced with just one player, everything from the story and campaign to minigames and added content. Each member of the RT voted on a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place game and the results below were based on the results of each members' votes. Eligible titles were released between 12/1/2010 and 12/1/2011.

Come back tomorrow as we will give out the final award, the coveted Overall Game of the Year.

1st Place:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar
    Human Revolution's campaign is extremely great and satisfying, featuring great characters and story, plus a very good level design offering many different ways to beat the levels. All in all, a complete experience.

2nd Place:

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack
    Skyrim's biggest draw is the fact that there's just an insane amount of things to do. Simple turn in a direction and walk, and you'll be sure to find something new, whether it be an old abandoned town, a sidequest, or a NPC that you've never seen before. With over 24 square miles of land to cover, it will take you hundreds upon hundreds of hours to see and do everything there is to offer in Skyrim, and thankfully it's main storyline is one of those things that you'll want to complete and follow. With a great fantasy tale that's filled to the brim with magic and wonder, and a vast open world for you to explore, Skyrim boasts one of the best singleplayer experiences that we've seen in recent history.

3rd Place:

Batman: Arkham City

Quote Originally Posted by Kerwan_Ratchet
    A true original masterpiece that continues to amaze and delight all those taking part in Batmanís adventures. This is a title that simply cannot be passed up and is possibly one of the best all time games. Miss out on this one and the jokeís on you.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

PRO Member

Glad to see DE:HR up there, disappointed UC3 isn't represented though... Personally I find the writing and story-telling abilities in the Uncharted series this generation almost unparalleled and I found UC3 to be a great outing.

Nonetheless I am pleased with the results, can't say any game up there doesn't deserve to be talked about.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.

Retired TGT Member

Wow I don't have a single game that's up there. I guess I need to go do some shopping.

KCCO!

Certainly a solid list. I have played Skyrim, and I love it. I have Deus Ex, but haven't played it yet; I'm looking forward to it when I finish some games I'm currently playing. Can't say much about Arkham since I'm not a huge fan of the series.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Certainly a solid list. I have played Skyrim, and I love it. I have Deus Ex, but haven't played it yet; I'm looking forward to it when I finish some games I'm currently playing. Can't say much about Arkham since I'm not a huge fan of the series.
    I'll openly admit I did not have Arkham on my list, but quite a few members of the RT enjoyed it.

This was another award that was very close. Mass Effect 2, Uncharted 3, and Dead Space 2 were also in the convo.

This was actually a really narrow margin of victory for Deus Ex simply because everybody on the RT had quite different lists.

PRO Member

I have heard of Deus Ex and that it's really good. Now I have to go buy it!

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Quote Originally Posted by Gauss View Post
    I'll openly admit I did not have Arkham on my list, but quite a few members of the RT enjoyed it.

This was another award that was very close. Mass Effect 2, Uncharted 3, and Dead Space 2 were also in the convo.

This was actually a really narrow margin of victory for Deus Ex simply because everybody on the RT had quite different lists.
    Indeed so. My list turned out to be completely different from the results, but I wasn't the only one voting.

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    I have heard of Deus Ex and that it's really good. Now I have to go buy it!
    I just bought it myself actually.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by antoniosbandana View Post
    Wow I don't have a single game that's up there. I guess I need to go do some shopping.
    No worries, you only really need Deus Ex, and maybe Batman, although I preffer the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    I have Deus Ex, but haven't played it yet
    Go bury yourself Hitman.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    No worries, you only really need Deus Ex, and maybe Batman, although I preffer the former.

Go bury yourself Hitman.
    Well I just bought it yesterday and haven't started it either.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Kerwan_Ratchet View Post
    Well I just bought it yesterday and haven't started it either.
    Cool story Kertwatn.

Here on the RT we have a loving, supportive, caring environment, and we're all each other's best friends. Also, Curb is much more handsome than anyone else.
    Last edited by Curb; 12-23-2011 at 06:20 PM.

Toggle Spoiler

My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

#cutformesa

I still say screw everything that isn't Mass Effect 2... but I'm satisfied with these results.

Even though we, the RT, obviously don't love each other. Oh, and Nagflar is obviously better than me in all possible ways.
    Last edited by Nagflar; 12-23-2011 at 06:34 PM.

Current Playthrough Counts:
    Mass Effect: 25 || Mass Effect 2: 44
    Mass Effect 3: 15
    Add me for ME3 multiplayer shenanigans.
    First legit Mass Effect 3 100% on PS3T.

SERBIA STRONG

Thanks to Luckay for the ETGWG bar and avy, and Qurb for the sig!

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by antoniosbandana View Post
    See quote below

Quote Originally Posted by Curb View Post
    I still say screw everything that isn't Mass Effect 2... but I'm satisfied with these results.
    I agree with you but this was a great year gaming wise so I can't say I'm surprised by the results.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    I agree with you but this was a great year gaming wise so I can't say I'm surprised by the results.
    No kidding. The past 3-4 months have been full of many good games, so of course those released in the first months (like Portal 2 and Mass Effect 2) would have some real competition to beat.

Toggle Spoiler

Nope, nothing

Can't really argue with those choices

Although I couldn't really get into Deus Ex, probably because I rented it

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Cool story Kertwatn.

Here on the RT we have a loving, supportive, caring environment, and we're all each other's best friends. Also, Curb is much more handsome than anyone else.
    That was priceless.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Curb View Post
    Even though we, the RT, obviously don't love each other. Oh, and Nagflar is obviously better than me in all possible ways.
    Tim Tebow actually doesn't Tebow... he Nagflars.

Buy my book, Alteration

Arkham City was a masterpiece of single-player. Skyrim looks plentiful, and Deus Ex looks enticing.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Now this is Podracing

I haven't gotten a chance to play any of these yet, but I plan to get all 3 at some stage. Christmas presents maybe? BUt from what I have heard rfom the games on the list, they truly are qite remarkable

Lvl 7 - Gold

I completely agree with these games as the top 3. Deus ex was overlooked by a lot of people and it is a shame because it really is a masterpiece. Arkham city was good but not as good as Arkham Asylum imo. And Skyrim, well, I am balls deep in it and I can't stop playing. I also agree with leaving Uncharted 3 off of the list. It was good but to me it didn't have the same feel as U2 and wasn't quite as exciting as the 3 on the list.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Glad to see BATMAN : Arkham City made the top 3. That game was insanely fun and had an unbelieveable wealth of content to it.....

"Stay Positive & Love Your Life"
    - 311 -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast