How to Order Like a Pro at Starbucks

This is a discussion on How to Order Like a Pro at Starbucks within the General Chit-Chat forum, part of the Off Topic Chat; I just finished writing something for a newsletter I put out for our business and thought I'd share as I'm ...

Synthwave <3

I just finished writing something for a newsletter I put out for our business and thought I'd share as I'm sure there are a lot of Starbucks loving gamers out there. After your done reading share your favorite drink.

As a former Starbucks barista I thought I’d share with you the correct way to order at Starbucks. Not only will this make you look like a Starbucks pro, but it will also help you get what you want.

When you tell the barista what drink you want they are supposed to either call it out to another barista or write it on a cup. This helps prevent errors from occurring as it can be very easy to forget something when you are taking multiple drink orders.

If you’ve ever looked at the side of a Starbucks cup you may have seen something like this:

This is where your barista fills out the info for your drink. It’s also in the order (top to bottom) that they will call the drink to make things easier and more thorough.

Here are the checkboxes in case you can’t read them:

Decaf
    Shots
    Syrup
    Milk
    Custom
    Drink

Keeping a mental image of what order these are in will help you remember how to say your drink.

Also, I must mention that two checkboxes that don’t appear on cups are Iced and Size. If you are ordering an Iced drink then this should be said first. The next most important thing is to tell them what size drink you want. Not only is this the correct calling order, but it will also help your barista grab the correct cup right away.

Now, let me explain each checkbox a little more so that you know what each one means.

Iced - Is your drink hot or cold? Say this first so your barista can grab the right cup.
    Size - What size drink do you want? The sizes are Short (8 oz.), Tall (12 oz.), Grande (16 oz.), Venti (20 oz. for hot and 24 oz. for iced) and Trenta (31 oz. - only available for certain iced drinks)
    Decaf - Do you want decaf? If so, then say this next.
    Shots - How many shots of espresso do you want in your drink? All Lattes, Cappuccinos, and Macchiatos have the following shots:

• Short and Tall - 1
    • Grande and Venti (hot drinks) - 2
    • Iced Venti - 3
    If you want more or less shots than what the drink comes with specify it here.
    Syrup - Do you want a flavored drink? Here are the main syrups: Vanilla, Hazelnut, Mocha, White Chocolate Mocha, Cinnamon Dolce, Toffee Nut, Raspberry, Classic, Peppermint, Caramel and Chai. Sugar Free: Vanilla, Hazelnut, Cinnamon Dolce and Caramel. There are also seasonal syrups so check the menu ahead of time to see if there are anymore choices.
    Milk - What kind of milk do you want? Whole, 2%, Nonfat and Soy are your choices.
    Custom - If there’s something else you’d like to specify say it here. Examples: No Whip, 180 degrees, No water.
    Drink - What kind of drink do you want? (Examples: Latte, Mocha, Cappuccino, Macchiato, Americano, Hot Chocolate, Frappuccino, Tea, Coffee)

Now all you need to do is put it all together.

Here’s an example me saying one of my favorite drinks:

“I’ll have an Iced, Quad, Venti, Raspberry, Soy, No Whip, Mocha.”

Now that you know how to order go try it out at one of your local Starbucks. Let me know if you have any questions and I’ll be happy to answer them. Enjoy your drink!

Collectorsville Newsletter - Summer Edition

Sig by PixieofDarkness
    Platbar by djunglist

My trophy checklist

Latest :

The Last of Us

PRO Member

Thx 4 sharing the info but always had called my orders normally dont need to b a pro

Lvl 8 - Gold

Just waiting for some Hipster **** to get this information tattoo'd on their forearm...

Game on....

Never been into starbucks and to be honest. i probably never will. I would imagine if i went in there and just asked for a simple COFFEE, i would be laughed at or i would probably confuse the staff.

Synthwave <3

Quote Originally Posted by Oxymoron28 View Post
    Just waiting for some Hipster **** to get this information tattoo'd on their forearm...
    Lol if they did that would be hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post
    Never been into starbucks and to be honest. i probably never will. I would imagine if i went in there and just asked for a simple COFFEE, i would be laughed at or i would probably confuse the staff.
    Nah, I don't work there anymore, but when I did we would be happy if someone just ordered a coffee because it's so simple.

Sig by PixieofDarkness
    Platbar by djunglist

My trophy checklist

Latest :

The Last of Us