Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Elite Guide Writer Interview - Bushpig94

This is a discussion on Elite Guide Writer Interview - Bushpig94 within the General Chit-Chat forum, part of the Off Topic Chat; Elite Guide Writer Interview - booshpig94 Brought to you by NeroRadec707 [hide] [top] Basic Info Name: Tim Age: 17 (18 ...

Harvester of Souls

Elite Guide Writer Interview - Bushpig94

Elite Guide Writer Interview - booshpig94
    Brought to you by NeroRadec707

[top]Basic Info

[top]The Elite Guide Writers Guild

This is the Guide Writers Guild for the Most Elite Trophy Guide writers of the site. We are dedicated to bringing you the highest quality of guides to help assist you on your "Paths to Platinums" For Group information and requirements please click the link below.

Elite Trophy Guide Writer's Guild

[top]1. You have been on the site a long time. What is the thing you miss the most about the Pre Crash Site and why?

Pre crash site definitely the activity of the whole site. Back then the Active Threads section didn't have threads that didn't have a post for 3+ hours, there would be posting constantly. Also, the CB would NEVER be dead. Also, the TG section was a lot more active. The thing I miss most, though, is the old members. The ones who didn't come back or lost interest after the crash. A lot of people lost so much, and some just didn't want to start over.

[top]2. You just hit Platinum #36 recently, congrats Of those 36 what was the Platinum you are most proud of and which is the least?

Thank you Nero 'ol buddy My proudest platinum has to be MAG. I spent 200 hours going for that platinum. Lots of grinding and luck, but overall a lot of fun. I would have kept the game if the MP was still active. My lest favorite would have to be Terminator Salvation, it's just one of those easy games. I enjoyed playing it for a playthrough, but I would rather have harder platinums.

[top]3. Tell us about your first guide writing experience for the site.

Since Nero has a question about the Blacklisting, I'll start off after I was allowed to write again. Medal of Honor 2010 had come out, and I had just started playing Frontline for the good 'ol times. We had recently left the old Wiki format and went back to the normal guide way (calling the guide). I had a lot of the Frontline trophies and I knew how to get them all. I noticed the Frontline Wiki was in the "Wikis without an Owner" section (the wiki was made before the switchback). I called it and started writing it. I had a lot of fun and that's when I realized that I wanted to write guides for the site.

[top]4. Do you prefer doing solo guides or co-op?

Honestly, it all depends. I have co-oped 4 TGs. I had 2 good partners, 1 GREAT one (you know it's you Antonios ) and 1 bad partner. What is really boils down to for me is: #1 Do I like the person? #2 Will they pull their own weight? and #3 Are they a good writer. If they are at least 2 of those, then I know they will most likely be a good partner. Recently, I have been getting the urge to work on my own and work towards getting a 100k view solo guide.

[top]5. When did you first start gaming, what is your fave game of all time, and what was the first game system you owned?

I started gaming back in 1999 or 2000 when I got my very first system, the PS1. I played the sh#t out of it. Spryo ... Crash ... Twisted Metal. I can't pick an overall favorite game, but i can same some off systems:
    PS1 - Spyro 1, 2, 3
    PS2 - GTA: SA, the Medal of Honors and Call of Dutys
    PS3 - CoD: 4, World at War, MW2, Blops, MW3, Medal of Honor, Mass Effect 2 and 3, Killzone 2, 3 and Resistance 1, 2 and 3

[top]6. If you could be Admin for a day what would you change?

If I was an Admin . Honestly, I don't know. It would most likely be staff changes. Promoting and Demoting people. Add members form the community who I think are deserving and Demoting Staff who don't contribute enough. Also, I'd do a big ass game giveaway LOL.

[top]7. Of all the the guides you have written, which is your favorite?

You're making me choose between my babies I can't pick one, but I can pick a group/genre. My favorite guides are my FPS ones, but my favorite group has to be all of my CoD DLC TGs. I own all except Map Pack 2 for World at War. I am just in love with Zombies, no making the TGs just came natural to me. Including glitches and the various Easter Eggs for each map so the players/readers could get the most out of their Zombie Slayin' time.

[top]8. What made your turn around on the site? Back in the day, you were a very different forumer than now.

Back in the day I wasn't well liked, I wasn't hated either tho. Some of my home slices now (Comp, Davey) either were neutral towards me or didn't like me. I did act pretty n00bish and had all my other CB antics. But back then is when I first joined the site (I was 15). It's been almost 3 years (alomst 18) and like the question says, I feel like a different forumer. I used to argue a lot with people (IMO). I think it had to do with aging/growing up a bit, but mainly I wanted to help contribute to the site and help it keep going. I also lost most of the n00bish persona that I had. But if I had to give the main reason, honestly, I think it had to do with the time around my Blacklisting. I spent a lot of time on the forums and CB and realized I wasn't acting right and should straighten up so I could hopefully be around here for a long time

[top]9. What games/guides are you looking forward to this year?

I guess since were only talking this year, the games I'm looking forward to are Medal of Honor: Warfighter, Black Ops 2 and Black Ops: Declassified for VITA. I am also hoping to get at least one of those TGs. The CoD games/TGs shouldn't be a surprise to anyone tho I have more games and hopefully guides coming in Spring 2013, but I'll just keep on track with the question

[top]10. What tips can you give to fledgling Guide Padawans who are just getting into guide writing?

Don't be afraid to ask question. It's better to feel n00bish asking a question and getting the right answer then to just put something your unsure about down. Also, don't rush. I mean you do have a deadline, but if you need a little extension towards the end then feel free to ask. I'd rather see someone spend an extra 3 days on a 2 week TG making sure it's perfect then throwing out a pile of poop in a week. Also, NEVER plagiarize. Make it your work, which bring me to another point. Do something that makes your TG stand out, adopt a specific font color or type of writing so people know "Hey this is ____". Lastly, there is never too much information. Maybe start out just giving an overview of the trophy and what you need to do, then go into a written walk through for a specific portion of the game you found it easiest done. Then add a video to top it off.

[top]11. If you could choose a one Guide Padawan to train who would it be and why?

I never really thought of that. Once person who I have seen active lately and wouldn't mind being my Padawan is Digitalman. He seems to like doing guides and has a decent amount of them. Plus, like a Jedi Master/Knight you need to pass on your knowledge of the Force to a Padawan. Comp passed her Force knowledge down to me, and I think Digit would be a good person to pass down what I've learned.

[top]12. How do you feel about being an elite guild member as well as being black listed at one time?

It's great being an Elite Guild member and being recognized for my work. We have a nice little group and have our fun little debates and contests. And now to the Blacklisted portion ... Back when I first came to the site, I saw that you could write guides. I wanted in, but I missed 1 vital rule, You need to own the game in order to do the guide. So I ended up writing NHL 2k10 I think, Matt Hazard: BB&B and got caught in the middle of doing Backbreaker. I made a whole big deal about not knowing the rule and being unable to find it, but when all was said and done I got Blacklisted and learned from my mistake. And to tell you the truth, I wouldn't have it any other way. There is a good chance I may not be where I am on the site if that hadn't happen. Now a bunch of us look back and joke about it. Honestly, I think I'm the only person that has been Blacklisted and come back in this fashion, like a

[top]13. What do you like to do for fun outside of the site?

I like to watch movies, Philly sports (and attend games), fish, gold go shooting. I also have a job at a Theme Park. I am also a War Memerobilia collector. It's only a small collection, but I like going out and trying to add pieces to it. Other than that, I'm on this website or playing PS3/VITA.

[top]14. If you could meet one of your friends you have made on the site, who would it be and why?

Wow ... this is a hard one, and so many to choose. I think it comes down to Connman and Comp ... so I'll just stick with them. Comp, besides the fact that she's has really been a help to em on the site and getting to where I am. It'd be nice to meet the girl behind the Username. Connman and I just share a few interests in games, but the big one is Call of Duty. Me and him would best up MP, Zombies or Spec Ops. We've also played some other games together but he's a right 'ol chap

[top]15. Any shout outs you would like to give?

Here we go:

Comp - She was the biggest help in getting me to where I am today, she took me as her Padawan when everyone thought that I was a lost cause She taught me everything I know and I am glad to call her Master.

Davey - Other than being he's a cool cat to talk to and we converse a lot via AIM or Mini-chat. He's also helped me a bit on my journey to TG Eliteness.

TGT (Past and Present since I've been here) - You guys are a great group to work with

Nag and Helyx - Our little discussions and debates are fun and you're both alright in my book.

Ramon - 'nuff said (and my awesome sig).

Eburk - Another great person to chat with.

Connman - My BZSF, Best Zobmie Slayer Forever, we always have good times when we play

Nero - For recently becoming buddies, itnerviewing me and getting me the LA Noire DLC code.

Finally, BT, Jaymon, Dare, Jack, Kevinnummer, LinuxSteven, UMA, Side Effect, Dragonninja, payney and everyone else for just being so f%&*ing awesome.

[top]Booshes Love of Chulos

Last edited by DaveyHasselhoff; 09-24-2012 at 02:55 PM.

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

September MotM 2013

Awesome interview Nero and Bush

Sig & Avy by Dare /#KILLER_ 4 Gotham (TV Show)

The Bushiest Pig

Wow my spelling is atrocious
    1st Place - VITA Trophy Guide of the Year, 2012 - Uncharted: Golden Abyss

2nd Place - CB Personality of the Year, 2011

2nd Place - DLC Trophy Guide of the Year, 2011 - Call of Duty: Black Ops Rezurrection

Harvester of Souls

Yeah.. I know Bush >:F. I had to fix so much stuff through there >:F >:F >:F

#cutformesa

Awesome interview from the best of the best of the best!

Current Playthrough Counts:
    Mass Effect: 25 || Mass Effect 2: 44
    Mass Effect 3: 15
    Add me for ME3 multiplayer shenanigans.
    First legit Mass Effect 3 100% on PS3T.

SERBIA STRONG

Thanks to Luckay for the ETGWG bar and avy, and Qurb for the sig!

Up the Irons!

Great interview.

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

Legendary...Nuff Said

Bush talks about being a n00b as if it's a thing of the past.

*Ehem* but no, nice interview Bush. Appreciate the shoutout as well.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpig94 View Post
    Wow my spelling is atrocious
    You just now realized this?

Seriously. Congratz though, you deserve it.

Sig by - ~ Avatar by - DaRe

Zombie Killin' Business
    Are you a Professional Zombie Slayer? Join now!

Side Project
    My (incomplete) checklist, and trophy guides.

The GGA
    Sig Battles, SotW, SotM, and more!

Got a YouTube Channel?
    Post it here!

ADMlNlSTRATOR

Good job Dubya, you deserve the recognition.

Retired TrophyGuide Ninja

Nice interview! So you work in a theme park, eh?

Aussie Furry, Bitch

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Nice interview. I remember we hated each other to death at one time....how different things are now.

#cutformesa

Quote Originally Posted by Kerwan_Ratchet View Post
    Nice interview. I remember we hated each other to death at one time....how different things are now.
    No, everyone still hates you <3

Current Playthrough Counts:
    Mass Effect: 25 || Mass Effect 2: 44
    Mass Effect 3: 15
    Add me for ME3 multiplayer shenanigans.
    First legit Mass Effect 3 100% on PS3T.

SERBIA STRONG

Thanks to Luckay for the ETGWG bar and avy, and Qurb for the sig!

Aussie Furry, Bitch

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Quote Originally Posted by Curb View Post
    No, everyone still hates you <3
    Eh, only the people who wish they loved me.

Trophy Guide Grand Master

Good review from the both of you....I was hoping to see something in there about booshes love of chulos though

Grandmasterpiece

Great interview.

Outdated Plat-bar by ThunderStick, sig by DaRe, avatar by ROBO3AG13
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel! Vote on my Playstation Grandmasterpiece HERE!

Change is good

Nice interview bush

Rangers F.C

Cool interview guys , high five to anyone who writes a trophy guide cause a never got a single platinum without using a guide , cheers

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyHasselhoff View Post
    Good review from the both of you....I was hoping to see something in there about booshes love of chulos though
    Wasn't he also the one who liked latino's instead of latina's?

Either way, great interview guys.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Harvester of Souls

Thanks guys . Appreciate it. Definitely a nice read to read over Bush's story and tale

Lvl 3 - Bronze

He doesn't list XCOM: Enemy Unknown as his most anticipated game! The interview is invalid! ;-) ;-) ;-)

Loved the Chulos part.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast