Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Capital Punishment? For Or Against?

This is a discussion on Capital Punishment? For Or Against? within the General Chit-Chat forum, part of the Off Topic Chat; Do you believe there should be a death sentence? If someone murders someone else, should they be put on death ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Capital Punishment? For Or Against?

Do you believe there should be a death sentence? If someone murders someone else, should they be put on death row or spend the rest of their life in Jail?

I personally think that criminals are more 'punished' spending the rest of their lives in a tiny cell, constantly reminded of the pain they have caused loved ones.

What do you guys think?

Inactive

If someone murders someone, I think they should be treated the same way.

I don't know why the guy who killed all those people at the Dark Knight Rises premiere hasn't been sentenced to death.. :/

| YouTube Channel | GDT Comp Banner by djunglist |

Labels

I'm all for the death penalty when it comes to murder, rape, or child abuse (as long as the defendant is definitely guilty).
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig

"I went from the slums of hell to paradise in heaven, from a sling shot to a wall of Mac 11's"

> Restart Button <

"An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind" - Ghandi

I believe if you murder someone that you deserve to pay for sure. I'd rather someone rot in prison for 50 years than to give them the death sentence. It also depends on the offender which is worse. Some wish to die and would want nothing more. Some would hate sitting in jail for 50 years.

TheMute's Sony Scout Badges

Sweet signature and avatar created by stupot00 @ ~Deja Vu Sigs ~

Gamers Couples platbar by DaRe_xLw

PRO Member

"Eye for an eye" thats hardcore old Testament talking, but I don't believe in capital punishment.

You wouldn't believe how many people have been wrongly accused for something and were put to death.

There are some heinous crimes out there and I believe an imprisoned life is a good deterent.

Imagine someone got the death penalty for speeding, that would be a great deterennt

Perfect Platinum Streak Bar by RaveNScythE18

Platinum Bar by dsluckay

Prayer Warrior

if someone murders someone else why should i have to pay taxes to keep them alive rotting away in a jail cell. my tax dollars can be much better spent than providing housing and food for criminals. eye for an eye i say. if you murder someone out of cold blood then you deserve to have your life taken as well.

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Lvl 7 - Gold

I agree with themute88orl on that it depends. Some killers don't have any remorse for what they've done and sometimes gloat about it. Those killers should be put to death. Also, if there is a death penalty for crimes, it'll get people to think if it's really worth it to commit "whatever" crime.
    Avy created by Beam and kid420247

illegal in 9 countries

When I was younger and not a parent, I was pro death penalty. But I believe death is less of a disincentive to commit a crime than spending hard time in prison for the next 10 years to life.

The time behind bars needs to reflect the nature of the crime and they should pay financially for their support.

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

Banned

I don't think they should be punished at all, it's God's will!

Nope, nothing

Yup. They've gone against someone's human rights, so why should they have any?

Platmate Editor in Chief

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx View Post
    if someone murders someone else why should i have to pay taxes to keep them alive rotting away in a jail cell. my tax dollars can be much better spent than providing housing and food for criminals. eye for an eye i say. if you murder someone out of cold blood then you deserve to have your life taken as well.
    Im going to have to concur with this statement....I pay enough in taxes without having to foot the bill so some child rapist can spend the next 50 years getting his assraped in prison....

INTJ

obligatory post about Norwegian prisons and how they help criminals get better through rehabilitation rather than the american way where you punish them thus they don't learn how to be a better person.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I'm from the UK where there is no death penalty and the majority of folks I know want it brought back. Myself I believe it should be brought back. The UK like many other countries have had atrocious murders and rape/abuse crimes committed on it's shores and when they make the news the general chatter is "Execute them". It's like the Anders Brevik case that evil racist bastard killed dozens of teenagers and he's going to spend the next 25 years in a cell with laptop, playstation and TV so he can spread his hateful propaganda. Execute him!

Roo Commander

Quote Originally Posted by AlecDawesome View Post
    I'm all for the death penalty when it comes to murder, rape, or child abuse (as long as the defendant is definitely guilty).
    Definitely agree with you mate

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    Yup. They've gone against someone's human rights, so why should they have any?
    Lets kill someone for killing someone.

that totally won't bring us down to their level or anything.

PRO Member

I think of course it depends on the case and the person, but I think Death Penalty should be an option

Galaxy beauty pirate

That's a difficult question. I'm leaning more towards against, but I can understand that people are for capital punishment as well (in some cases I think the same).

NCBE

There should be death for some and penance for others
    Made by DaRe

Legendary...Nuff Said

Surprised this thread hasn't become uncivilized yet. Both a Trains post and a Ps360 post and no one's shitting insults.

Anyway, on topic. I have a lack of knowledge on the subject, but I believe that death is in fact an easy way out for committing a crime. Spending the rest of your life rotting away in a jail cell certainly sounds like a worse punishment.

Besides, even if you believe otherwise, are you then no better than the murderer if you kill him? While there may be justice involved to you, his murder might've been a justice to him. This leads into who is truly a "good guy" or a "bad guy" talk (because varying opinions dictate what people perceive to be "good" and "bad") but it'd be getting off topic. Overall, I'd say no to the death penalty, but take my opinion (as with most) with a grain of salt.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Against.

The second society takes one innocent person's life, we have stepped into a guilty path that there is no redemption from. Since the judicial system is an imperfect system with loopholes, inconsistencies, and corruption - who are we as a society to say when "fairness" has been justly used, and when judgment has played out before a trial ever takes place.

I would rather have my tax paying money keep a guilty condemned man locked up forever, than to have my "peers" unjustly execute a person who is indeed innocent.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast