View Poll Results: Your religion/beliefs?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Christian

24 26.37%
  • Catholic/Roman Catholic

7 7.69%
  • Buddist

3 3.30%
  • Hundism

1 1.10%
  • Islamic

5 5.49%
  • Judaism

0 0%
  • Agnostic

16 17.58%
  • Atheist

20 21.98%
  • Theist

0 0%
  • Other

15 16.48%
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Religious beliefs/points of view?

This is a discussion on Religious beliefs/points of view? within the General Chit-Chat forum, part of the Off Topic Chat; And before you ask, no, this is NOT a thread for a religious debate. Take that shit elsewhere. This is ...

Aussie Furry, Bitch

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Religious beliefs/points of view?

And before you ask, no, this is NOT a thread for a religious debate. Take that shit elsewhere. This is purely to express your own points of view, religion, etc, etc. Treat everyone with respect and you'll get the same...from me at least. And remember to read the whole thread first....

Anyway...

Technically I'm not part of any religion. My folks are Christian, but aren't the usual hardcore ones you get. They gave me a choice in the matter. I don't believe in the Trinity, hell, creationism, the earth being 10,000 years old, etc, etc. My folks also share my views.

I also believe in God (namely the God of David, Isaac and Solomon), but I don't believe he snapped his fingers and there was light. I believe it happened over billions of years, using matter, chemicals, quantum physics, etc, etc. Hell, maybe he even used the big bang. I also believe in evolution to an extent, such as the evolution of certain animals, chemicals, etc. Suffice to say I'm not the usual.

Anyway, that's my view...yours?
    And remember to vote in the poll.

illegal in 9 countries

Creationism? Zero evidence to support it.
    Evolution? Overwhelming evidence to prove it.

I was raised in an apocalyptic Christian cult that believed on the day the Earth would be torn asunder, we the cherished few, would be flown to a desert oasis paradise on the back of giant eagles. I never believed a word of it...in retrospect it sounds like someone read a bit too much Tolkien.

Twisted stories and distorted truths handed down by the victors of war thousands of years ago, told to keep the uneducated masses under control hold no sway in a modern, scientific society. Christianity is dying because these stories are too ridiculous to believe and blind faith is no reason to buy into it any more.

That said, like Agent Mulder, I want to believe, so I don't rule out the possibility of a creative force. I don't believe it to be a God of one denomination or another, nor do I believe in Heaven or Hell. If there is a deity and a judgment day, I'd like to believe we will be judged on the life that we led, the values we held and the legacy we left. Not elevated to Heaven because we were excused of our sins by a Priest who diddles kids, nor cast down to Hell because we belonged to a different crowd of God-botherers than the Almighty Floaty One subscribes to, but passed to a higher plane to do as we please.

If I could choose my eternal fate, I'd like to hang around Earth and oversee my children and my children's children before setting off to travel the stars. That'd be just AOK by me.

The realist in me believes this is it, there is no magical after-life nor reincarnation. Lead a full life with no regret...the dirt-nap is eternal.

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

R.I.P Ellie

I believe in evolution, science and evidence etc, as opposed to the 'Magic' stuff
    And there is no 'Higher' being... except mayyyybe, Dr House

Let Me Watch

I honestly don't know what I believe.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

"Seen a therapist, told him spirits tried to bury me, spilt what's on my mind, when I was done, he needed therapy"

Chocobo Master

Religion to me is kinda like a trophy guide. You can use it to help you better yourself or you can figure things out on your own then complain/rage later. Now there's oh so many trophy guides on different sites to get people to follow them but you have to find out which one is best for you. Am a Buddhist that had converted from Christianity. My views on how we got here collides with what Christians believe to have happen.
    Avy, Group Bar and Sig done by DaRe
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -- Martin Luther King Jr.
    Come and Join Us!!!

Angel of Death

I'm an Atheist, but I've been doubting it recently because, like Ant said, I want to believe in something. That being said, I'm a man of science, so if I ever did believe in god, it would be strictly post-mortum; I don't believe it does anything while we are alive.

★ Extra Astronomical ★

I'm too lazy to be religious

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I believe in good and evil.
    There is no GOD.
    If there was, then 20 little kids wouldn't be getting killed for going to school.

You Know You Love Me

I'm a 'soft' Agnostic - that is I do not know if a God exists, as opposed to 'hard' Agnosticism, which is based on the notion that we cannot know a God exists.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Atheist with a supposidly christian mom and an I have no idea what he is dad.

Up the Irons!

I voted for 'Other.'

I'm not a fan of sharing my religious views.

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

Needz Trophy Card

Quote Originally Posted by Kerwan_Ratchet View Post
    And before you ask, no, this is NOT a thread for a religious debate. Take that shit elsewhere. This is purely to express your own points of view, religion, etc, etc. Treat everyone with respect and you'll get the same...from me at least. And remember to read the whole thread first....

Anyway...

Technically I'm not part of any religion. My folks are Christian, but aren't the usual hardcore ones you get. They gave me a choice in the matter. I don't believe in the Trinity, hell, creationism, the earth being 10,000 years old, etc, etc. My folks also share my views.

I also believe in God (namely the God of David, Isaac and Solomon), but I don't believe he snapped his fingers and there was light. I believe it happened over billions of years, using matter, chemicals, quantum physics, etc, etc. Hell, maybe he even used the big bang. I also believe in evolution to an extent, such as the evolution of certain animals, chemicals, etc. Suffice to say I'm not the usual.

Anyway, that's my view...yours?
    And remember to vote in the poll.
    you are an idiot
    videogameman-If i was going to fuck my son, I'd kiss him first.
    Compalicious-in all fairness bodi, it is a bit on the big side
    bodigard-^^^that's what she said!

R.I.P Ellie

Quote Originally Posted by Platicus View Post
    your an idiot
    *You're*

Hides

PRO Member

I voted "Other"
    I'm a pagan. i believe in multiple gods so i can spread the blame around

I love football season!

I voted for Catholic, as that is how I was raised and how I have chosen to raise my children. That said, I'm not what I would consider to be devout, but my faith provides a basic backbone for my existence on this Earth.

Religion is a personal choice and it provides different things for different people. Hopefully this thread doesn't turn into some type of debate, as those debates have been going on for centuries and I don't think they've actually solved anything. Put your belief in whatever you need to and remember to respect those with a different opinion.

iCard by pittsteeler36

Le Wild Trophy Hunter

To me religion is a man-made thing. It's more or less a tool to help people cope with death and a general guide to being a better human being. I have faith that there are things out there that are more powerful than than us but I don't know if who or what they are and if they are worthy of being worshiped. I just try to be the best person I can be because what goes around truly does come back around.

A plat a month!

I voted Catholic. This is what I was raised, and I never felt like it was shoved down my throat. Yes, there is a lot of science (a field that really interests me) that supports the theory of evolution and contradicts the theory of creationism, but in my mind, giving the complexity of the human body, the very delicate balances and harmonious relationships and dependencies in nature, its hard for me to reconcile everything now-a-days as an accident.

But that is just my personal opinion.

One thing that my wife and I learned during RCIA classes (she wanted to become Catholic like I was, and these were the classes to introduce adults to Catholicism), that the Old Testament shouldn't be taken literally, rather it should communicate to the reader how God was with humanity at that stage in humanities development.

Basing my interpretation of religions texts, that is how I can reconcile the Bible with the theory of evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Platicus View Post
    you are an idiot
    Was that really necessary?

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I Will go for Satanist

#cutformesa

There's no way this thread is going to have any kind of issues whatsoever.

Current Playthrough Counts:
    Mass Effect: 25 || Mass Effect 2: 44
    Mass Effect 3: 15
    Add me for ME3 multiplayer shenanigans.
    First legit Mass Effect 3 100% on PS3T.

SERBIA STRONG

Thanks to Luckay for the ETGWG bar and avy, and Qurb for the sig!

дурак

I put down Agnostic. I do not know if there is a God... However I do not care on way or the other. If there is a God, cool. If there is no God, cool. I have gone to church 3 times in my entire life. The first two, I don't remember. But the last time (which was like 6 years ago)... all the preacher talked about was Robocop. I shit you not. He talked about how vile the movie was. And then we began to sing some song that I knew none of the words to. It was a compete waste of time.

If you feel some God makes you feel better, or makes you feel more secure about where you are going, good for you. It's just not for me.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast