Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The TSA: Evil or just doing their job

This is a discussion on The TSA: Evil or just doing their job within the General Chit-Chat forum, part of the Off Topic Chat; http://msnvideo.msn.com/?channelinde...d-2d788723bf27 http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/vid...ions/289t1wu4s So of course many people have had problems with the TSA, or Transportation Security Administration. If you don't ...

Lvl 8 - Gold

The TSA: Evil or just doing their job

http://msnvideo.msn.com/?channelinde...d-2d788723bf27

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/vid...ions/289t1wu4s

So of course many people have had problems with the TSA, or Transportation Security Administration. If you don't recognize this group, they are the people at our airports, scanning your baggage and doing pat downs.

I dont know where you users stand, but for me i have never had a problem. You can all share your personal feelings on the topic, but for now i will continue onto the topic at hand.

This video points out 7 cases among many that show the TSA being heartless. For me, i think people are getting a little too sensitive. We want the people that are there for our security to be heartless (treating everyone the same), thorough (checking every detail), and for the most part, doing their jobs as it should be done.

I am sorry for anyone who felt groped, inconvenienced, or gotten something stolen from them at the airport. For that last one, e just have to remember that it wasn't the TSA, but a employee of the TSA that stole a item. Same thing happens with hotel employees, so its not something exclusive with the TSA.

Again, please respond on either your own experiences with TSA or with the 7 cases from the vid.

Lvl 11 - Elite

Don't fly much but I came close to working for that agency when it was getting all the bad publicity
    ,but changed my mind afterwards!

Toggle Spoiler

Ribbon courtesy of Beam

Unete al grupo: Jugadores Espaņol| xEl_Cidx's La Conquista | xEl_Cidx's recent Gaming Activities+ Boosting
    xEl_Cidx's Battle of the Sexes - Round 44 just started

Fight the Future

Don't want your shit searched? Don't fly, it's pretty simple. In my line of work I've seen drugs, cell phones, razor blades, crack pipes and all sorts of other shit shoved up guys assholes, in their mouths, taped under their ball sacks, in a woman's vagina, under bras and all sorts of other places. If you think getting a pat search doesn't do anything, you're ignorant plain and simple and I'd suggest riding along with a Law Enforcement officer (if possible in your area) to see the lengths criminals go to in order to carry out their plan.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by James_Page View Post
    Don't want your shit searched? Don't fly, it's pretty simple. In my line of work I've seen drugs, cell phones, razor blades, crack pipes and all sorts of other shit shoved up guys assholes, in their mouths, taped under their ball sacks, in a woman's vagina, under bras and all sorts of other places. If you think getting a pat search doesn't do anything, you're ignorant plain and simple and I'd suggest riding along with a Law Enforcement officer (if possible in your area) to see the lengths criminals go to in order to carry out their plan.
    I dont mean to pry, but what is your job?

Chocobo Master

Pretty much asking for trouble when you fly nowadays in the U.S.
    Avy, Group Bar and Sig done by DaRe
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -- Martin Luther King Jr.
    Come and Join Us!!!

Rangers F.C

If you don't have anything to hide there is no problem .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by James_Page View Post
    I'd suggest riding along with a Law Enforcement officer (if possible in your area) to see the lengths criminals go to in order to carry out their plan.
    I once taped a crackwhore under my ball sack, and I still got caught.

PRO Member

I haven't encountered them, as I don't fly (never have, never want to).

I do hear from a multitude of sources (that I trust, at least) that it's annoying to hand over your freedom and safety to the equivalent of high school hall monitors though. I keep hearing that the current caliber of security they provide is laughable at best.

They just need to stop the drug war on marijuana, and have the actual trained cops that use to be sidelined with those menial tasks take over the TSA's job. The current TSA agents can go flip hamburgers at (insert franchise here)
    Last edited by Shuklar; 03-25-2013 at 09:00 AM. Reason: spelling~
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

Up the Irons!

I also have never had a problem with TSA.

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by Shuklar View Post
    They just need to stop the drug war on marijuana, and have the actual trained cops that use to be sidelined with those menial tasks take over the TSA's job.
    You actually think they're looking for marijuana?

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    You actually think they're looking for marijuana?
    Nope. Just the free source of cash behind it, that they actually use in their budgets, even though they could legalize it and make more taxing it.
    <signature>
    </signature>

Lvl 8 - Gold

What do you mean handing over your freedom?

What "cops that were sidelined" are you talking about?

You really thing their TSA job is menial? I am interested in finding out what you think their job is, because its nothing compared to flipping burgers.

Not looking for a argument, but those bits confused me in your statement

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
    What do you mean handing over your freedom?

What "cops that were sidelined" are you talking about?

You really thing their TSA job is menial? I am interested in finding out what you think their job is, because its nothing compared to flipping burgers.

Not looking for a argument, but those bits confused me in your statement
    I believe in the ideals of the TSA and what it's trying to do (protect people). It's the current execution of it that is flawed - having inexperienced rent-a-cops doing that job ineffectively. I said that using trained police officers to go after marijuana is menial.

There's several cases of people getting illegal substances through the bloated process (just search 'TSA ineffective' or something similar). I'd just rather see people's taxes go to worthwhile and effective endeavours, but I guess that's sort of laughable too, considering how fucked up humanity is.

Yeah - sorry to go off like this, yet I just get frustrated with government ineffectiveness extremely easily. And yes, I know I've never experienced the TSA first hand, yet I do a lot more reading on government processes - almost as much as I game, so I'm just bitter towards these types of things.
    <signature>
    </signature>

Fight the Future

Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
    I dont mean to pry, but what is your job?
    Sworn Corrections Officer.

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    I once taped a crackwhore under my ball sack, and I still got caught.
    You'd be surprised at the things people will get near their balls. Drugs, I can understand as you have a pretty low chance at harming yourself with that. A razor blade on the other hand, no thanks...

I've seen firsthand a man (after performing a strip search on him because my partner felt something in his anal region during a pat search) stick a baggie of I believe Heroin further up his asshole so we couldn't get to it. The only problem with that is the baggie broke in his ass as he pushed it up and he overdosed and died within a matter of minutes. Generally, criminals are stupid and I deal with crap like that on a daily basis.

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

Quote Originally Posted by Shuklar View Post
    I haven't encountered them, as I don't fly (never have, never want to).

I do hear from a multitude of sources (that I trust, at least) that it's annoying to hand over your freedom and safety to the equivalent of high school hall monitors though. I keep hearing that the current caliber of security they provide is laughable at best.

They just need to stop the drug war on marijuana, and have the actual trained cops that use to be sidelined with those menial tasks take over the TSA's job. The current TSA agents can go flip hamburgers at (insert franchise here)

Drug war on marijuana? Lol cocaine, crack, crystal meth, esctacy, etc gets shoved to the side

I think you guys have to see it like this to understand why the TSA acts and perform the way they do

First, TSA is not there for your safety, that's the us Marshall who's on the plane if something went down
    the airplane companies have the TSA because they don't trust who comes on there planes, so if a plane were to blow up that airplane company would lose millions in damages so they're protecting there investments

Also to note they are planning on expanding the TSA to buses and of course trains like LIRR, Amtrak
    they just need time and a terrible attack to push the idea further
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

INTJ

TSA is shit and shouldn't exist

they are ineffective at the job they are designed for and is just a major inconvenience.

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by The Secret Society View Post
    They are planning on expanding the TSA to buses and of course trains like LIRR, Amtrak
    Don't give our government any ideas.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Drug war on marijuana? Lol cocaine, crack, crystal meth, esctacy, etc gets shoved to the side

I think you guys have to see it like this to understand why the TSA acts and perform the way they do

First, TSA is not there for your safety, that's the us Marshall who's on the plane if something went down
    the airplane companies have the TSA because they don't trust who comes on there planes, so if a plane were to blow up that airplane company would lose millions in damages so they're protecting there investments

Also to note they are planning on expanding the TSA to buses and of course trains like LIRR, Amtrak
    I wanted to pinpoint something you said

TSA isnt for safety. That is true! They are there to stop substances from getting onto the plane, and the sneaking of weapons and stuff. If there was ever a problem at a checkpoint, they would call security or something. I really look at this topic as some people are misguided in what the TSA does or is trained to do.

I dont disagree that stuff gets past, bad things happen, and that some cases the TSA is useless or just a pain. As far as TSA at buses and stuff, i guess that would only happen if terrorists start driving busses into buildings. IDK

Lvl 6 - Silver

We're stuck with the ineptitude of the TSA because groups like the ACLU scream "bloody murder" at methods that might actually work and the TSA is left with a bunch of half-assed tactics and strategems that don't really work and annoy a lot of people.

The Israelis -- specifically El Al Airlines -- are far closer to the right ideas. Nobody fucks with them, and that's a society that deals with very real threats of terrorism on a daily basis (and has for generations). Instead of paying for a bloated bureaucracy and the Keystone Kops that are our Transportation "Safety" Administration, we ought to sub-contract the job out to the Israelis and let them do the job right. I'm sure the ACLU would have conniption fits -- after all, one of the big things El Al does is a healthy amount of "profiling" -- but my opinion of the ACLU is that they're a terrorist's best friend in the first place.
    (this space intentionally left blank)

PRO Member

Obama administration has been one the busiest cracking down on pot, because with state legal dispensaries, they're an easy target for free money to the federal government who still doesn't acknowledge the state law. It's extremely fucked up.

I'd just rather see such trained manpower go to things like the TSA.
    <signature>
    </signature>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast