Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Driven To Kill By Call Of Duty? Question Mark?

This is a discussion on Driven To Kill By Call Of Duty? Question Mark? within the General Chit-Chat forum, part of the Off Topic Chat; Driven To Kill By Call Of Duty? Question Mark? This is just crazy!!...

.. Solar Fields ..

Driven To Kill By Call Of Duty? Question Mark?

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Thats stupid. No he was just crazy and snapped. They did the same thing during Columbine with Doom.

KCCO!

I agree, that's just fucking ridiculous. The guy was fucked up in the head ... plain and simple.

子連れ狼

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    I agree, that's just fucking ridiculous. The guy was fucked up in the head ... plain and simple.
    Exactly!

On a side note: Up next will be a GTA V story where some one will blame the game for their crime!

Platinum Dohvakiin

Welcome to the politics of America. Instead of actually sitting down and figuring out why we have such a rise in firearm violence. We would rather assert blame to a video game. Not the fact that the guy "heard voices" in his head, even if that was true. The fact that someone is a self admitted mentally ill individual could still get his hands of a firearm. Is not even a topic of discussion.
    As a Psychologist I can tell you, playing video games does not cause one hear voices. People who actually do that has a mental illness and it can be managed with therapy and medication. Suggesting that a video game made you "crazy" makes you a liar, and anyone who buys it is a moron. Can playing violent games make you less empathetic, in some cases yes. Does it make you a homicidal maniac...... hell no.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:
    Yakuza: Dead Souls & Dynasty Warriors 7

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Societal decay and the unwillingness of people to institutionalize the crazies will lead to more and more. I'm glad I got my concealed carry license this year.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by S-Patty View Post
    Societal decay and the unwillingness of people to institutionalize the crazies will lead to more and more. I'm glad I got my concealed carry license this year.
    With you on that all the way. I plan to protect my family from the maniacs and the political bullshit.

Lvl 6 - Silver

The bloke didn't murder 12 people cos of COD he did it because he was a very disturbed individual. No one will seriously blame video games they'll just see it as an easy scapegoat. Violent video games will become the issue of this terrible news and not the lives lost in the atrocity and the suffering of their loved ones. I'm sure everyone's thoughts are with the families' who lost loved ones

The One and Only

That guy was playing Call of Duty in real life, and he lost. No respawns, it's over, he's dead and so are the people he killed.

Based on what I'm reading, they should've paid more attention to his mental glitches and this wouldn't happen, especially with all of the examples given of personal turmoil he went through. I'm glad that he's dead and that's one less person we have to worry about getting murdered by, but I also feel bad for all of the people who cared about him and those affected by the massacre and previous incidents he was involved in.

Call of Duty was no doubt a factor of his problem, but that shouldn't be the main point of the article. It gives CoD too much credit for the issue imo.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist back in contruction!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop with knuckle and Bladia, currently taking requests!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

I'm the Oogie Boogie Man

I play video games. That doesn't make me certifiably insane, does it? That guy was just a disturbed person.

Outdated Plat-bar by ThunderStick, sig by DaRe, avatar by ROBO3AG13
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!

ADMlNlSTRATOR

I kill people in video games so I don't have to in real life.

Banned

I wouldn't trust the credibility of any media company that can't spell word "tires" correctly.

News Team

If this is true, I can't wait for Madden to turn me into an NFL pro; I sure could use the money.

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 7 - Gold

Idiots will be idiots.
    Awesome Sig by ERICVOLTAGE

Lvl 3 - Bronze

This reminds me of something I saw awhile back saying that "If people were influenced by video games, then the majority of Facebook users would be farmers by now".

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

He had also claimed to be suffering from post traumatic stress disorder after helping with rescue efforts in the wake of the New York 9/11 attacks.
    Troubling questions have already been asked of the US Department of Defense which cleared the killer for military base access twice in the past 12 months.

Troubling questions have already been asked of the US Department of Defense which cleared the killer for military base access twice in the past 12 months.......

heres where they messed up, giving access to someone with such mental and emotional issues clearance and even special clearance
    and somehow letting him into the base knowing he had a shotgun, AR15 and sidearm

video games were far from the issue here so why even put this in an article let alone that he was a practicing buddhist (NY papers stating)
    i am a practicing buddhist and ive played COD games, yet im still sane chanting my mantras
    i feel media is fishing for anything else to be the reason he did this other than his own desire
    they do this when they really dont know why he commited the act in the first place

Fight the Future

While it is a shame this happened it is even more of a shame that instead of looking at incidents like this and trying to figure out how we can improve our mental health system in America, people are going to use the easy scapegoats which of course are guns and video games. We need the negative stigma of mental health to be dropped here and allow people to get the help they need without feeling like they are outcasts. But politicians don't care about that and the majority of Americans are too wrapped up in their own lives to think for themselves so they listen to any dumbass who is disgusting enough to try to make a buck off of something like this.

Condolences to everyone affected by this terrible tragedy, I hope they can move past it someday.

Rangers F.C

USA the guy was crazy, had access to guns, access to a top secret base, heard voices in his head and had military training and they blame computer games, well any excuse will do .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

CPU: Purple Heart

Hearing voices? Clearly it's the fault of video games, sure they're just a means of entertainment like music and movies but in America we have to blame something that's a growing media.

News Team

Toggle Spoiler

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast