Grammar Pedantry: Member Introduction Edition

This is a discussion on Grammar Pedantry: Member Introduction Edition within the General Chit-Chat forum, part of the Off Topic Chat; Greetings, all. Upon registration, I took my time to read the message that I had received from Submerge. A few ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Grammar Pedantry: Member Introduction Edition

Greetings, all. Upon registration, I took my time to read the message that I had received from Submerge. A few things stuck out, but the specific line, 'We would also like for you to be a contributing part of our forum and join in our discussions by posting and helping others." Obviously, most of it is important to me, but the helping others part is especially so. This is why I have decided to start a thread (Which I hope can become sticky) that will be dedicated to stopping illiteracy from the newest members and onwards. The reason I have decided to target the newest members, is because I want to ensure that no more bad apples can make it into this forum. In addition to this, I will also start cleansing the forum, targeting mature members.

I only hope to make this forum a richer place, so I hope you are on board.

Let's initiate this discussion!

Where do I begin? Capitalising your own name would be a start. Or maybe capitalising Hello, since it's the beginning of a sentence. Either way. A comma after 'hello' is also necessary. And finally, a period is required at the end of every sentence.

I should respond now to the argument that will probably come up, and that is 'What if English is their second language?' And to that, I can only shake my head. We need a standard of communication. Otherwise that's a very slippery slope.

-Comma between 'Hey' and 'everyone'
    -*Whether
    -Too many commas!

-Comma between 'Hello' and 'all'
    -I don't like capitals for emphasis
    -comma between 'early September' and 'so'
    -*I'm

I just don't like anything about this post. Its fluency is off and it's just annoying to read.

Some of these people do have potential, however they're not quite up to par. So, I would advise the forum's administrators to have these indivdiuals banned from the forums. This is for the greater good of the forum and I'm sure you'll all agree with me.
    And for those who don't agree, I can only assume that you're probably thinking you'll be targeted due to your incompetence.

Bobo has left the building.

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

My Pa didn't fight the Grammar Nazis at Ravenholme so apes like you could push your propaganda.

Trophy Guide Kitten

There is a difference between helping and being a Mr.No it all.

Ban members due to how they write? Seriously? I ban trolls like you, not those who don't type and speak to your standards.

When you make a site of your own, you may ban those of whom you wish, till then, contribute to the forums in a friendly way, or go.

k? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by bobobo
    Some of these people do have potential, however they're not quite up to par. So, I would advise the forum's administrators to have these indivdiuals banned form the forums. This is for the greater good of the forum and I'm sure you'll all agree with me.

Shall I ban you? You spelled FROM wrong.

And no, this will NOT be stuck.
    K? Thanks

You Know You Love Me

Quote Originally Posted by Bobobo View Post
    Greetings, all. Upon registration, [unnecessary comma] I took my time to read the message that I had received from Submerge. A few things stuck out, but the specific line, [unnecessary comma, again] '[used an apostrophe instead of a quotation mark] We would also like for you to be a contributing part of our forum and join in our discussions by posting and helping others." Obviously, [another unnecessary comma] most of it is important to me, but the helping others part is especially so. This is why I have decided to start a thread (Which [don't capitalise inside parentheses] I hope can become sticky) that will be dedicated to stopping illiteracy from the newest members and onwards. The reason I have decided to target the newest members, [yet another unnecessary comma] is because I want to ensure that no more bad apples can make it into this forum. In addition to this, [just stop using commas] I will also start cleansing the forum, [seriously, you're banned from using them] targeting mature members.

I only hope to make this forum a richer place, so I hope you are on board.

Some of these people do have potential, however [while not a rule per se, a true lover of the English language would not use the word "however" in this manner] they're not quite up to par. So, I would advise the forum's administrators to have these indivdiuals banned form [from] the forums. This is for the greater good of the forum and I'm sure you'll all agree with me.
    And for those who don't agree, I can only assume that you're probably thinking you'll be targeted due to your incompetence.

Bobo has left the building.
    You get an A for effort, but a D for execution.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Larrydavidsavatar View Post
    My Pa didn't fight the Grammar Nazis at Ravenholme so apes like you could push your propaganda.
    I see your point Bobobo. I feel that the posts and forums here would be easier to read if this was true.

Your just being mean about it. I'm all for correct grammar and spelling. I'm not obsessed with it but I do enjoy clear writing. To ask admins to ban people because of posts like those is ridiculous.

Jerk

"No miré lo sabio del presente coso para disipar la calma es indeleble"

"Do not look to the wisdom of this. Sew to dissipate. Calm is indelible."

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Compalicious View Post
    There is a difference between helping and being a Mr.No it all.

Ban members due to how they write? Seriously? I ban trolls like you, not those who don't type and speak to your standards.

When you make a sit of your own, you may ban those of whom you wish, till then, contribute to the forums in a friendly way, or go.

k? Thanks.

Shall I ban you? You spelled FROM wrong.

And no, this will NOT be stuck.
    Oh, crab balls!

Here's the deal, how about we both get banned? You for your mistake with 'sit' and me with my inexcusable error of 'form'. I would say that's fair. I don't want to be a hypocrite, after all.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Your just trolling.

LOCK THIS THREAD!

"No miré lo sabio del presente coso para disipar la calma es indeleble"

"Do not look to the wisdom of this. Sew to dissipate. Calm is indelible."

Trophy Guide Kitten

Quote Originally Posted by Bobobo View Post
    Oh, crab balls!

Here's the deal, how about we both get banned? You for your mistake with 'sit' and me with my inexcusable error of 'form'. I would say that's fair. I don't want to be a hypocrite, after all.
    How about I ban you for being a troll and a complete ass to me? Keep in line, or go find another site to play on.

Understood?

Oh, and instead of making this a sticky thread, it's now locked.

K? Thanks
    K? Thanks