Massive scandal in the Indie gaming comunity

This is a discussion on Massive scandal in the Indie gaming comunity within the General Chit-Chat forum, part of the Off Topic Chat; Now I have been following this story for the last couple of days and found it to be pretty interesting. ...

Lvl 5 - Silver

Massive scandal in the Indie gaming comunity

Now I have been following this story for the last couple of days and found it to be pretty interesting.

It all happened after I watched one of my favorite youtubers (Stonefoxmedia) talk about how Phil Fish (the developer of Fez) was being a complete dick to his fans on twitter. This later led to him supposedly getting doxxed and made him throw in the towel and putting both his company and the IP of Fez up for sale.

Now after some light reading I discovered the whole reason for this and it was kinda shocking.

The whole thing was caused by a female gaming developer called Zoe Quinn (she developed a game called Dispersion Quest), she was being defended by Phil Fish on twitter(which was the reason why he ended up being doxxed). Now I am not going to go in to complete details but if you want to read of all the nasty despicable details on why this exactly happened I will provide a link of a blog with some shocking revelations on how she got to were she is now.

http://thezoepost.wordpress.com/

Personally I am horrified by what I discovered, I always believed the gaming industry needs more woman (and no I am not talking about those girls that holds a game controller for 5 seconds then offer to flash you parts of her anatomy) and if what this woman did is really true it will be a massive knock to other woman in the industry.
    Annoying PS3T.com members since March 2010

The _ is silent.

Well Phil Fish has always been a huge douche so I'm not surprised Sony burned his ass

Sig and Avatar by SideEffect

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by KILLER_ View Post
    Well Phil Fish has always been a huge douche so I'm not surprised Sony burned his ass
    Agreed. He calls Japanese games shit then makes a shitty copy of Super Mario Bros

Editor in Chief - Editorials

I started off writing this post to insult you, but that was wrong. Instead, what I'll do is post something to clear this issue up, lest it infect this place as well.

Here's what I DO know.

Sometime recently, Eron Gjoni, the butt-hurt ex-boyfriend of Zoe Quinn, the developer of DEPRESSION QUEST, posted a tell-all blog, alleging that Ms. Quinn traded sexual favours for a positive review score for her game from a writer at Kotaku - a writer with which she had, for an unknown period of time (because how dare people want to have a personal life, right?), a relationship.

The issue was picked up by TotalBiscuit (a moronic, over-valued YouTuber, beloved by pimple-covered virgins and angsty teenagers) and 4chan (the bastion of all that is undeservedly arrogant, face-palmingly juvenile, and morally reprehensible), and together they blew the whole thing up into the current "scandal" that it is now.

4chan in an effort to show how just and correct they are, took it further, hacking the social media platforms, as well as stealing data from the personal and professional sites, associated with a number of individuals they have labelled "Social Justice Warriors" (a term fuckwits use to describe someone who calls them out on their bullshit, because having a conscience is bad), and calling for users all over the world to harass them - people including Zoe Quinn, and Phil Fish (who committed the serious crime of coming to the defence of a woman being attacked for having sex).

Here's the thing: Nathan Grayson, the writer at Kotaku who is supposedly the recipient of Zoe's sexual favours (and DID have a relationship with Zoe), has never written about Depression Quest on Kotaku, or any other outlet. The closest he ever came to doing so was mentioning her name in an article earlier this year. If you don't believe me, go and google "Nathan Grayson Depression Quest." All you'll find is more sites carrying this non-story.

This is not a scandal. It is not a cover-up. It's a load of bullshit, promulgated by idiots, being carried around the web by yet more idiots. Do not bring that shit here.

R.I.P Ellie

Unrelated but sorta related point: I like watching TotalBiscuit videos whilst I eat dinner.

The End

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    I started off writing this post to insult you, but that was wrong. Instead, what I'll do is post something to clear this issue up, lest it infect this place as well.

Here's what I DO know.

Sometime recently, Eron Gjoni, the butt-hurt ex-boyfriend of Zoe Quinn, the developer of DEPRESSION QUEST, posted a tell-all blog, alleging that Ms. Quinn traded sexual favours for a positive review score for her game from a writer at Kotaku - a writer with which she had, for an unknown period of time (because how dare people want to have a personal life, right?), a relationship.

The issue was picked up by TotalBiscuit (a moronic, over-valued YouTuber, beloved by pimple-covered virgins and angsty teenagers) and 4chan (the bastion of all that is undeservedly arrogant, face-palmingly juvenile, and morally reprehensible), and together they blew the whole thing up into the current "scandal" that it is now.

4chan in an effort to show how just and correct they are, took it further, hacking the social media platforms, as well as stealing data from the personal and professional sites, associated with a number of individuals they have labelled "Social Justice Warriors" (a term fuckwits use to describe someone who calls them out on their bullshit, because having a conscience is bad), and calling for users all over the world to harass them - people including Zoe Quinn, and Phil Fish (who committed the serious crime of coming to the defence of a woman being attacked for having sex).

Here's the thing: Nathan Grayson, the writer at Kotaku who is supposedly the recipient of Zoe's sexual favours (and DID have a relationship with Zoe), has never written about Depression Quest on Kotaku, or any other outlet. The closest he ever came to doing so was mentioning her name in an article earlier this year. If you don't believe me, go and google "Nathan Grayson Depression Quest." All you'll find is more sites carrying this non-story.

This is not a scandal. It is not a cover-up. It's a load of bullshit, promulgated by idiots, being carried around the web by yet more idiots. Do not bring that shit here.
    First of all Phil Fish is a major dick (even before his white knight quest on behave of Quinn), if you don't believe me on that you should go read up about him. Secondly the issue wasn't about if she had sex and that she cheated on her boyfriend, it was about the fact that she used sex as a tool to manipulate others. Now if its true or not I cannot say but after watching Quinnspircy Theory: Five Guys saga it kinda seemed to make more sense.

Though if you don't believe me you are more than welcome to check the video for yourself, it also contains images of articles that Nathan Grayson wrote about Quinn and about her game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5-51PfwI3M

Editor in Chief - Editorials

Quote Originally Posted by BLaCKoNi666 View Post
    First of all Phil Fish is a major dick (even before his white knight quest on behave of Quinn), if you don't believe me on that you should go read up about him. Secondly the issue wasn't about if she had sex and that she cheated on her boyfriend, it was about the fact that she used sex as a tool to manipulate others. Now if its true or not I cannot say but after watching Quinnspircy Theory: Five Guys saga it kinda seemed to make more sense.

Though if you don't believe me you are more than welcome to check the video for yourself, it also contains images of articles that Nathan Grayson wrote about Quinn and about her game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5-51PfwI3M
    What does him being a dick have to do with it? Nothing. And clearly you either didn't read, or didn't understand what I wrote, because I never said it was about cheating on her boyfriend. But I'm sure a YouTube video you watched is clearly correct so enjoy your views. Just don't spread them here.

Lvl 5 - Silver

What does him being a dick have to do with it? Nothing. And clearly you either didn't read, or didn't understand what I wrote, because I never said it was about cheating on her boyfriend. But I'm sure a YouTube video you watched is clearly correct so enjoy your views. Just don't spread them here.
    That isn't my video. And you said

Phil Fish (who committed the serious crime of coming to the defence of a woman being attacked for having sex).
    This is makes him seem like a decent, which he isn't. Also this comment makes it seem like the gaming community is crucifying Quinn for having sex.

Now I respect your opinion as a staff member of this site and if you believe I am trying to spread this for my own amusement your more than welcome to lock my thread.

But I do believe that if this is true and this really did happen every gamer has the right to know.

ADMlNlSTRATOR

Let's not pretend like we didn't sleep with everyone we could to get where we are in life.

PRO Member

That isn't my video.
    I don't think Faust was suggesting the video was yours, yet was suggesting your 'views' (your opinions, not the video's view counter) weren't completely your own yet those of the video you watched.
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

Let Me Watch

Not sure if the review thing is true, but regardless, fuck her. Scum.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

"I went from the slums of hell to paradise in heaven, from a sling shot to a wall of Mac 11's"

Roo Commander

Sounds like a bunch of idiots jumping on a bit of bullshit.

Kiwi Defender

I didn't know there was an Indie gaming community at all, let alone people who tried to claim there was one outside of Sony and their annoying attempt at making you believe their new console is worth-buying because of them .

Anyhow, this is all one gigantic idiocy (like most scandals are), based on speculation and little tid-bits of information that are being interpreted according to other people's agendas so as to manipulate the masses or simply cause a ruckus (in the truest of 4chan ways).

It'd be best if we all avoided discussing this further since there's harldy anything to discuss, but alas, Faust's back to his bashing antics against idiocy.

Now I respect your opinion as a staff member
    lol

your more than welcome to lock my thread.
    That's even funnier, given he can't .

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Get bent...

Here's what I DO know.

As usual, Faust wins the internets for the day.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisValentine View Post
    Unrelated but sorta related point: I like watching TotalBiscuit videos whilst I eat dinner.

The End
    Sounds like a good diet plan. If I were to watch TotalBiscuit while eating, I'd throw everything back up.