Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Is this site "slowing down"?

This is a discussion on Is this site "slowing down"? within the General Chit-Chat forum, part of the Off Topic Chat; MAKE PS3T GREAT AGAIN!!! We must build a wall so that users from rival sites can't get in and we're ...

VII

MAKE PS3T GREAT AGAIN!!!

We must build a wall so that users from rival sites can't get in and we're gonna make them pay for it!!

#IamDonaldTrump

PRO Member

I was a Staff Member for a while and active. But as Nag said, (in my opinion writing guides, reviews etc, just became pointless.) Not enough interest in anything. Kept getting told about a site redesign, name change etc... but nope, we're still PS3trophies...

Local Drunk

It's a sad state of affairs and as others have said it needs a redesign.

Only reason I check in here every so often is to talk to my mates here and that's it. I go to the forbidden place for trophies and game info.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    Not sure who was treated as a god...I hold everyone to the same standard. If you put someone on a pedestal, they tend to think they belong there after a while.
    Youo and me both treat almost everyone the same, but that doesn't mean every non-blue member let that boost his ego and promprted regular members to become bootlickers.

Sure, that was but a handful of staff members, but that had an impact in the community, just the same way as some regular members did.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Sure, that was but a handful of staff members, but that had an impact in the community, just the same way as some regular members did.
    I think it's about time we put together a 'history' of the domain. Starting from humble beginnings, the initial wave of trophy hunters, the admin drama, the revolving door of TGT/NT staff...that'd be a good read (if done truthfully).

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Lord of all Goat-Men

Site's dead. I killed it. It's all my fault and no one else is responsible.

Kiwi Defender

I think it's about time we put together a 'history' of the domain. Starting from humble beginnings, the initial wave of trophy hunters, the admin drama, the revolving door of TGT/NT staff...that'd be a good read (if done truthfully).
    We had a post in the Review sub-forum listing all the members the team had up to that point, but that was lost with the reset, or at least I could never find it in the archives.

Aside from that, Ammos used to have a timeline for staff, but last time I spoke to him he didn't even remember such a thing existed.

Toggle Spoiler

My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Venire, Videre, Vince

Feels like a ghost town now-a-days. I found this site through when I was looking for a trophy guide for AC II and has been my home for a few years.

I will continue to visit here until one day the site is taken offline, then I will move on to another site

Lvl 5 - Silver

I was wondering the same thing, sadly... The last 'game review' that I see on the main page is like a 2 year old game. Many games have come and gone since then, just seems odd. But seeing as I am not a guide/review/news writer, I have no comprehension of the work it entails, so I understand that it must be draining to even do those in the first place. I think I as well found this site yeaaars ago while looking up trophy help, I think at the time I had no real idea there even were trophy guides lol (it was also for AC2 if I recall, lol). Now any time I get a trophy, I immediately sync it up on here. You guys are a great community! I'm glad it hasn't completely gone by the wayside. Anytime I want to see what is new on PSN Store updates, this is the first site I come to for that information. Keep it up!

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by SoS-kryyptyyk View Post
    I was wondering the same thing, sadly... The last 'game review' that I see on the main page is like a 2 year old game. Many games have come and gone since then, just seems odd. But seeing as I am not a guide/review/news writer, I have no comprehension of the work it entails, so I understand that it must be draining to even do those in the first place. I think I as well found this site yeaaars ago while looking up trophy help, I think at the time I had no real idea there even were trophy guides lol (it was also for AC2 if I recall, lol). Now any time I get a trophy, I immediately sync it up on here. You guys are a great community! I'm glad it hasn't completely gone by the wayside. Anytime I want to see what is new on PSN Store updates, this is the first site I come to for that information. Keep it up!
    The last review is that old because we stopped doing reviews that long ago lol. Team got changed into the "Editorial Team" because Sub believed we had the manpower and resources to run a site like IGN and bring in more people. Some people still wanted to do reviews but since the team change, Faust (who was its first leader) and me didn't want anyone to bother with them and didn't really seek to motivate anyone to do them anymore.

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 9 - Gold

this is the most traffic (in this thread) iv seen in ages..... so just do more of these and we're back in business lol

Lvl 10 - Platinum

It's sad to see how badly this site has gotten over the past few months. Yeeesh we don't even get the store updates when they happen anymore.

iwasbornintheusa

It feels odd not to come here anymore. I was here before that reset in 2012 too but I don't remember specifically when. It's sad to see it's not that much active anymore but I'll still keep visiting even if there's no reason for me to come back here.

Thank you to DaRe_xLw for the signature

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Site's dead. I killed it. It's all my fault and no one else is responsible.

I'll happily blame Fausty for everything too.

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by MAXTHUNDER View Post
    Yeeesh we don't even get the store updates when they happen anymore.
    I'm doing my best to post the Store Updates every week, plus the PS Blog doesn't post the update until late in the day. So, while I do my best, that is something that's out of my control.

Banned

Oh, another thing, there are a few active forums like PS store updates and trophy checklists on this site, but most of the checklist owners stopped posting because EOTY awards and checklist spotlight awards got cancelled or the owners were out of touch. For me, this doesn't bother me, I can continue to update my checklist and my friends and fans want to see it for weekly update and other updates.

Lvl 4 - Silver

If you put someone on a pedestal, they tend to think they belong there after a while.
    That was fantastic

Lvl 5 - Silver

Lol when I didnt login I thought this site died out I was surprised then I logged in and boom everything is still here! But Damn I did not know people were feeling these feels

Lvl 4 - Silver

I remember when this site was the shit, now i never go to it

Get bent...

.org site is about all I visit now.
    What happens to CoD players when they try to play Dark Souls...

Formerly known as Tyrion619

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast