Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Is this site "slowing down"?

This is a discussion on Is this site "slowing down"? within the General Chit-Chat forum, part of the Off Topic Chat; yeah what happened to this site? used to be packed. where did everyone go?...

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

yeah what happened to this site? used to be packed. where did everyone go?

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Creditdue View Post

The big thing that really knocked this site down was having to align with PSNTrophyLeaders. Once you have to farm out one of your main site functions, you're in trouble. Still being PS3Trophies hurts a bit too, especially with acquiring new members.

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by TheScott75 View Post
    The big thing that really knocked this site down was having to align with PSNTrophyLeaders.
    Hardly. The partnership with PSNTL was positive from both sides of the fence.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by TheScott75 View Post
    The big thing that really knocked this site down was having to align with PSNTrophyLeaders. Once you have to farm out one of your main site functions, you're in trouble. Still being PS3Trophies hurts a bit too, especially with acquiring new members.
    The site's traffic had already slowed down considerably by the time that happened. It's definitely one of the reasons as to why the site's in such a sad state of affairs, but it wasn't the coup de grāce.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Creditdue View Post

It does not help that there are very little updates. The homepage still has the PS+ IGC Games from June and where was the E3 News? Is everyone that works on this site to busy or do they not care anymore?

PRO Member

We can't even create new guides anymore.

Lord of all Goat-Men

Its so funny to me that all you people posting have yet to realise the site died - like, properly died - MONTHS ago. Unless you visit the CB (like a last few of us do) there's absolutely no point to come back here and post. Do yourself a favor and stop wasting your time.

Legalize it...

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Its so funny to me that all you people posting have yet to realise the site died - like, properly died - MONTHS ago. Unless you visit the CB (like a last few of us do) there's absolutely no point to come back here and post. Do yourself a favor and stop wasting your time.
    Im surprised the site is still up lol. I only post out of boredom/habit. This site could have been saved, but they chose to let it die...

The Deathly Rhythm

Can a massive overhaul help the future of this site?
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

Legalize it...

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos06 View Post
    Probably, but they gave up on the site...

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Shit that's tough to hear. I would have helped if is it was asked for. If they needed 5-10 news posts a day I could easily do it. They could also have asked others for help and I'm sure they would have.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    No way man, the site's still alvie and kicking. I'd say we average about one new thread a day (zero if you don't count spam ones), and about 5 new posts a day. Truly great numbers .

Toggle Spoiler

My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by MAXTHUNDER View Post
    Is everyone that works on this site to busy or do they not care anymore?
    It's mostly just the effort that goes into news/guides etc isn't worth it any more. It's like a child trying to get straight A's in school for a parent that's never home.

Quote Originally Posted by JDizzle0420 View Post
    I only post out of boredom/habit. This site could have been saved, but they chose to let it die...
    Basically. I'm just here out of pure habit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos06 View Post
    Only if you start at the top with the owners/admins. Without an active figurehead, there's no point to having lower tier staff teams.

I would have helped if is it was asked for. If they needed 5-10 news posts a day I could easily do it. They could also have asked others for help and I'm sure they would have.
    Hell man, post all you like. I occasionally chime in on the few threads that are active, but I'd love to see more. Eventually, I hope to see some new content even in the absense of the owners. It could all be for nothing, but we can have fun in the process. After all, I never came here to do anyone a favor...I'm here for me.

It's been great finding like-minded gamers to talk with about all sorts of topics, and if the community survives somehow, I'll be here with you.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

To be fair to those who worked hard for this site, they did everything they could with their own free time to try and pull it up from its self-imposed slump, but as others have alluded to, what's the point when the people in charge have long sailed off to the Isle of Dontgivashit?

Still, I visit here occasionally, out of some morbid belief it might suddenly have changed for the better, but a trophy site still bearing a PS3 name nearly 3 years after the PS4 came out is probably the most telling thing about where its at.

On a personal level where Editorial was concerned, I stopped mainly because my wife had health problems at the time, but it took weeks to get any content up too thanks to the messed-up setup caused by the lack of interest at the top, and time wise that wasn't gonna work for me. The attitude of some after that was wonderfully classy of course.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    Hell man, post all you like. I occasionally chime in on the few threads that are active, but I'd love to see more. Eventually, I hope to see some new content even in the absense of the owners. It could all be for nothing, but we can have fun in the process. After all, I never came here to do anyone a favor...I'm here for me.

Only problem with that is I want to post stuff so it shows on the homepage's playstation gaming news and I don't have adminstrative permission to start any threads.

I'm still pretty pissed that they didn't humble themselves enough to ask for help. Like I said previously I could have posted at least 5 news items daily.

So does anyone know of any timeline when this website will shut down for good or is it going to remain functioning but in limbo?

Kiwi Defender

Only problem with that is I want to post stuff so it shows on the homepage's playstation gaming news and I don't have adminstrative permission to start any threads.

I'm still pretty pissed that they didn't humble themselves enough to ask for help. Like I said previously I could have posted at least 5 news items daily.

So does anyone know of any timeline when this website will shut down for good or is it going to remain functioning but in limbo?
    You don't need administrative permission to start threads. Putting crap on the homepage is a different matter altogether.

And no one knows anything. Only peple who'd have any idea are the admins and they're not here lol.

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    You don't need administrative permission to start threads. Putting crap on the homepage is a different matter altogether.

And no one knows anything. Only peple who'd have any idea are the admins and they're not here lol.
    I know that. But if I put up news about say for example the PS4 Neo I would like to have it stickied on the homepage instead of getting buried in the active threads box.

Kiwi Defender

I know that. But if I put up news about say for example the PS4 Neo I would like to have it stickied on the homepage instead of getting buried in the active threads box.
    I don't see the purpse though. I'm pretty sure none of us here bother checking the homepage anymore given the fact it's dead and just jump straight into the forums (with half the users jumping straight into the ChatBox instead).

Toggle Spoiler

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    I don't see the purpse though. I'm pretty sure none of us here bother checking the homepage anymore given the fact it's dead and just jump straight into the forums (with half the users jumping straight into the ChatBox instead).
    I haven't checked the homepage in years.

Lvl 9 - Gold

well....yh rip ps3t I did enjoy this site n the ppl here but gaming or me is now just time killer between kids n sport.it also is annoying for me to post here since its buggy as most of my keystrokes don't work (only on this site) this post took ages to write lol

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast