Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Elite Guide Writer's Guild Interview - Yoo_Hoo_Sniper

This is a discussion on Elite Guide Writer's Guild Interview - Yoo_Hoo_Sniper within the General Chit-Chat forum, part of the Off Topic Chat; Elite Guide Writer Interview - Yoo_Hoo_Sniper Brought to you by DaveyHasselhoff [hide] [top] Basic Info Name: Brian Age: 28 Location: ...

Trophy Guide Grand Master

Elite Guide Writer's Guild Interview - Yoo_Hoo_Sniper

Elite Guide Writer Interview - Yoo_Hoo_Sniper
    Brought to you by DaveyHasselhoff

[top]Basic Info

[top]The Elite Guide Writers Guild

This is the Guide Writers Guild for the Most Elite Trophy Guide writers of the site. We are dedicated to bringing you the highest quality of guides to help assist you on your "Paths to Platinums" For Group information and requirements please click the link below.

Elite Trophy Guide Writer's Guild

[top]1. How does it feel to win Retail Guide of the Year?

It feels great honestly to win retail guide of the year with The Evil Within, however, there weren't too many votes so I feel like the site award shouldn't have been given out. I also feel like it would have been a better feeling to see multiple guides I wrote have nominations than to win, just because there were some great guides I wrote from my opinion.

The Evil Within is actually the first solo guide I've written to reach 25k views so that was a good feeling knowing that it has been getting some attention from the community mostly because of the AKUMU mode.

[top]2. What brought you to PS3Trophies.com, and what is it about the site that makes you continue to stay?

The first time I ever came to PS3T.com was shortly after Resident Evil 5 was released. I had earned almost all the trophies just playing but there were a few I needed to clean up. I wasn't into trophies back then but I felt that it was so close to 100% that I should just finish it off, besides, I had a lot of free time in the military then.

What brings me back everyday is being apart of the team honestly. I put in work like I would anywhere else, doing what I can, and for me that is helping with making guides, writing guides, making threads, being active among the community, and lastly helping people with their games although that one is a bit aggravating when you play with people that aren't so great but I understand since I've had help before especially in Demon Souls which Helyx should remember!

[top]3. Tell us about your first guide writing experience for the site.

The first guide I took part in was with bnecker717 back when she was an active member of the community on LittleBigPlanet Karting. We both enjoyed LittleBigPlanet and she had guide writing experience so I thought it was a great idea to write the guide together since nobody had called it prior.

I remember picking up the game at midnight and I was the only one there for that game as I think Halo or something else that had a huge title was being released too. I felt embarrassed but once I got home I played the hell out of the game, wanted to write each description out as fast as possible. I was thorough with my details and felt a rush by needing to have something done within a time frame since that always gets the nerves going. I ended up being the 1st to plat the game and provide multiple explanations on the best approach for each trophy according to my play style.

Because this was a co-written guide it was nice to have some help but in the end you begin to see why it's harder or easier once you write a solo guide. I'd rather do co written guides just to help others that are not experienced or because it would give me some down time in between but solo guides are great for people that hate depending on others or don't like to share the work load because of the different writing styles.

[top]4. This year you have been on both TGT and a Game Forum Manager, what advice would you give to anyone who wants to become a staff member?

To those that want to become a staff member first and foremost must be an active member of the community. I think you also need to embody some trust in the community that you are someone they can come and talk to if some issues turn up.

Respect is a desired trait because if you cannot talk to everyone with respect, why should you even be a staff member when you can't talk to everyone the same way.

[top]5. How did you come up with the name Yoo_Hoo_Sniper?

Yoo_Hoo_Sniper came once I ditched my original name Balla_Snoop from the beginning of the PS2 online gaming. I changed my name once SOCOM Confrontation came out and I combined what I was in the military with what I was drinking on the regular (yes I know it isn't tasty).

[top]6. If you could be Admin for a day what would you change?

If I were Admin for the day I wouldn't do what most people say because it's basically all the same. After being a member of staff I see what happens and who does what or doesn't so I would be dropping some of these staff members and trying to bring on new ones. People that don't work together shouldn't be especially if the work isn't getting done.

[top]7. Of all the the guides you have written, which is your favorite?

I don't know if I have a favorite…I loved some of the games I wrote a guide for before but it takes away the enjoyment as you write the guide to get the content out to everyone else. Most guides that I wrote have had plenty of collectibles so that makes it even worse. Evil Within stands out among the rest of my guides although I put a lot of time into each one so possibly that is my baby.

[top]8. What games/guides are you looking forward to this year?

Since the community isn't big on writing guides I am anticipating Dying Light, Battlefield Hardline, The Order: 1886 (not excited for), Witcher III, and The Division. I'll probably end up sneaking in a racing game somewhere along with some other indie games.

[top]9. What tips can you give to fledgling Guide Padawans who are just getting into guide writing?

Honestly I feel that looking over some of the older guides that have been voted for guide of the year is always a great place to view the quality of not just the setup but the detail. Ask a lot of questions, especially to the TGT members or members of the guild since they have done their fair share of guides.

Experimenting is also good and when you mess up on your first guide or so, try to figure it out on your own because that's how you really learn.

[top]10. If you could choose a new Guide Padawan to train who would it be and why?

Krysta91 is someone I actively try and write guides with or talk her into doing them on her own. She is really into reading and explaining things in detail so I thought it would be great for her to participate in as well as helping out the community. She did end up writing the Costume Quest 2 guide so she started at least.

[top]11. What do you like to do for fun outside of the site?

Living in El Paso, I don't find there is much to do as I'm surrounded by the desert so I tend to stay indoors and play games or hang out with my daughter, doing something weird and innovative. When I am in my natural surroundings I love to fish, hike, shoot, and run.

[top]12. If you could meet one of your friends you have made on the site, who would it be and why?

Nobody really because there would be too much drama and when or if you meet someone there is more to life than video games and what I enjoy doing nobody I know likes to do those things. I'm content knowing people only online and not disturbing the friendship.

[top]13. Any shout outs you would like to give?

Davey - for giving me pointers from my early guides to even the present guides. This is much appreciated as I ask people all the time for an honest opinion and with you I feel I get that.

Compa - not only for making me staff but also for being an incredible guide writer who allowed me to co write a guide with her. That was an awesome feeling knowing that someone trusted me that much.

OOHighwayOO - because we play games together when we can in addition to the knowledge he holds on the games he plays. The man can provide tips quickly and in detail.

Krysta91 - who helps revise my guides although I still end up with mistakes.

Ooga - teaches me the staff ropes and approves all my guides.

Pancake - for another member I play with frequently and who gives great advice on guides and honest opinions.

Marccaap - although he may not be around much anymore he always helped when he could providing any suggestions plus I got to re-write some of the guides he did here
    Last edited by DaveyHasselhoff; 2 Weeks Ago at 04:08 PM.

The Incredible Marccap

Nice interview and thanks for the mention

Add Me on PSN - Marccap

Lvl 5 - Silver

Great interview man I look forward to see more of these

Lvl 8 - Gold

Great interview. I really enjoyed reading this and hope to see more of these.

Hail to the king, baby

nice interview. good read

Stop looking at me swan!

Great interview. Always fun to see the behind the scenes of others in the community.

Ay Caramba!

Fantastic interview! Your a great guy Yoo

Back to reality...

Excellent interview! Really a nice read indeed!

Signature made by dsluckay & PPS bar made by RaveNScythE18

DELTA CUBES, DELTA CUBES!

Thanks for the shout out

Good guy VHS.
    Avy by DaRe_xLw

Historical Researcher

Great interview and a very good read. Really like how you came up with your online name.
    Thanks to Beam for the awesome avy & sig.

Galaxy beauty pirate

Congrats on the interview Yoo hoo and good job Davey. Kiu!
    Sig by Ramon

Lvl 8 - Gold

nice job good read

No Game No Life

Great interview and a good read. It's nice to see this kind of interview is back and I look forward to reading the future ones

Currently Playing:
    I dunno what to play anymore.. Too many JRPG

Checklist || GFX Showcase

Hunter-Scholar-Gentleman

Love it! Love it!

The Road So Far And The Road Ahead
    `Best Trophy Checklist (2014)
    `Checklist Spotlight #2 Winner (2014)
    `2nd place Trophy Checklist (2013)

Currently Playing
    `Assassin's Creed: Rogue [11%]
    `Dragon Age: Inquisition [100%]
    `CoD: Advanced Warfare [100%]

Signature & Avatar
    `courtesy of DaRe_xLw

Lvl 3 - Bronze

nice interview, good to get a bit of information from the gamers who write the great trophy guides on this site

PRO Member

I always enjoyed reading these interviews. Thanks for the good read guys!

Sig and Avy made by djunglist
    My Trophy Checklist

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Good interview guys! Always nice to hear more about Yoo Hoo.

PRO Member

How did I get left off the shout out list?... Disrespectful!

The Grand Ray Legend

Nice interview Sniper
    Sig made by Beam / Avy made by DaRe_xLw

R.I.P Ellie

Congrats on winning the Guide of the Year! I can't wait to get Evil Within... not that I have any time to myself at the moment But I'll be using the guide when it comes down to annoying trophies

When I have time, we should co-op a guide, since you've been one of the guys that always goes through my guides to see if they're up to standard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast