E3 2016

This is a discussion on E3 2016 within the General Chit-Chat forum, part of the Off Topic Chat; So, what did everyone think of this year's E3? From new announcements to release dates, trailers, conferences, etc., what did ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

E3 2016

So, what did everyone think of this year's E3? From new announcements to release dates, trailers, conferences, etc., what did you enjoy seeing? I really think Sony did well with their lineup this year even though quite a few games were announced before E3 started. Not as AMAZING as last year's E3 but still pretty cool. I'll be picking up the new Star Ocean when it releases soon and can't wait for FFXV, KH2.8, and I am Setsuna later this year. Wasn't really surprised that Tales of Berseria and Nier Automata were pushed back until next year since they were just announced last year. I'm glad Kojima is able to make more games still after leaving the recently toxic Konami. The new GoW and RE look cool as well. Nintendo kind of made a strange move with the focus being on The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, but I admit that the game does look massive and fun to play. Wish they would have made a few announcements other than Zelda and the previously known games though. Honestly, never check out Microsoft as I have no interest in most of the console exclusives but for anyone that does like them, was there some new announcements? Only things I heard of were Scalebound (announced last year) and Gears of War 4, plus Tekken 7 was shown off for a bit. Anyway, I've been meaning to check out the site again for a while but have been busy with helping my brother move and dealing with some medical problems for a few months. Hope this is the right spot for this kind of thread since it's not solely about PS.

Breakfast and Chill

MS: scorpio is an interesting move, need to see Sony's response. Still want to see more of scalebound, as Platinum makes some good shit. Recore is only $40, which is a nice surprise. Merging the console with the PC crowd is an interesting move.

Sony: Yay Crash, asking a lot, but now we need Spyro to get the same treatment (I love those series so much ). More GoW is good, been itching to play the series again too. Spiderman by Insomniac should be a blast, thought the movie-baaed PS2 games are still the standard for now imo. What the actual fuck Kojima (Norman Reedus and the Funky Fetus). VR still seems cool, can't wait for my order to ship. New IPs are looking fresh, want Horizon to be fantastic.

Bethesda: Skyrim rebuild? Serves me right for finally buying the game. POSSIBLE WOLFENSTEIN TEASER! Might need to get around to playing Dishonored before the sequel hits.

EA: Mass Effect looks neat, gotta finish 2&3 first . Battlefield has a fresh look, hope it pays off and the servers work as well.

Ubi: No AC is good, let it rest. SSX rip seems cool. Weird bird vr shit. SOUTH PARK!!1!

Nintendo: Zelda. Please. Need to see more on it ASAP. Could tempt me into a new system.
    Last edited by Vettes; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:33 PM.

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

quite fucked off with the direction of Prey. Prey 2 looked and sounded fantastic when it was revealed about 5 years ago, and now we're getting something that is only Prey in name. WANK!

That God of War reveal was sick. Loving the setting

everything else seemed a rather standard affair

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

Venire, Videre, Vince

iwasbornintheusa

It was shit. All of it. Like, I have never been disappointing in everything. Persona 5 and Gravity Rush 2 were pushed behind the aftershow for generic shit like Days Gone (which, by the way, I loved how they closed off the press conference with a demo of a game they announced early off) and don't even get at me with that "they're too niche" bullshit, broe. They fucked up Crash's announcement too. It literally looked like they did not want to or care about the announcement. They should have ended the press conference with the crash bandicoot announcement and showed us like a 2 second glimpse of how the game was remade for the ps4 instead of that fucking skylanders trailer (you won't show P5 of gravity rush but you'll show a game the audience doesn't have any interest in). GOW was interesting, at least and it's good to see kojima doing well and the presentation format was well done but everything else was a fucking shit show.

I expect everything to be bad with sony and nintendo saving things but nintendo already told us they weren't showing shit except zelda and smaller shit at e3 (new rosalina amiibo was probably the highlight for me) but sony made me regret the hour I spent watching E3. There's always TGS in september.

Thank you to DaRe_xLw for the signature

Lord of all Goat-Men

Quote Originally Posted by Thelostreploid View Post
    Wah wah waaaah waaaaaah

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Horizon is looking great, can't believe I forgot to list that one as well. That android game with all the different outcomes that was made by the Heavy Rain team looked interesting as well. Scalebound is being worked on by Platinum Games? I'll have to check out the trailer then. They're also working on Nier Automata, so better combat is already a plus. I recently went through the Mass Effect Trilogy and will say that I'm looking forward to Andromeda now. ME2 & 3 are much better than the first one imo, definitely worth a playthrough each Vettes. I need to catch up on AC, think I'm a few behind now, glad they're taking a break this year.

The new Spiderman looks fun, I was surprised Insomniac is working on it and not Suckerpunch though. Also heard that the person in charge at Marvel wants to bring more games to consoles which is great news because there's actually hope for a MvC4 now for example. Looking forward to Injustice 2 on the DC side also. As for Persona 5 and Gravity Rush 2, both were shown off a bit last year I think and they were probably trying to show off the new IPs this year. I do think ending with the Crash announcement would have been better but with remakes and not a new Crash game being worked on, I see why they revealed that news when they did. I'm not really excited about the VR stuff, but Sony at least had a solid conference this year.

iwasbornintheusa

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    That's extremly passive aggresive and doesn't really reflect my overall post (save for how I feel about p5 and gravoty rush) nor does it really contribute to anything other than the need for you to feel smug and funny, but w/e.

Thank you to DaRe_xLw for the signature

Kiwi Defender

I liked what I saw, specially the new God of War. Would've liked to see more FFXII or XV footage but it's not like I really need much of either. Same goes for Persona 5: the least I know about it, the more likely I am to enjoy the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelostreploid View Post
    That's extremly passive aggresive and doesn't really reflect my overall post (save for how I feel about p5 and gravoty rush) nor does it really contribute to anything other than the need for you to feel smug and funny, but w/e.
    Don't feed the troll Australian.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.