Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What kind of Books do you read and what's your favourite?

This is a discussion on What kind of Books do you read and what's your favourite? within the General Chit-Chat forum, part of the Off Topic Chat; Well nothing on such topic around here, since I am a frequent reader and have read hundreds of books, novels ...

Jinx? ...Stands for Jinx!

What kind of Books do you read and what's your favourite?

Well nothing on such topic around here, since I am a frequent reader and have read hundreds of books, novels and others, I've decided to post a thread to find what others, within this community read (if they do at all...). Also possible book suggestions are nice ;D

I'm personally into Action/Thriller/Conspiracy Genres, I find them very comfort in reading and most of them are war/history based fictional books. I love the urge of constant mystery and hidden messages the writer gives in those books, which come to an end, solving all or almost all questions, but leaving some unanswered.
    I also like some humour every now and then, as it is really fun to come accross at some point. I'm also into Auto-Biographies of certain famous people, as they give me a very significant way of thinking about subjects they put across in their writing.

I don't like: Fail romance books that are based on love and the ways they come out, these just plainly bore me in a quick moment. I also don't like long storylines of books, which dragg on into nonsense after years and years. Not all of these are bad, for example Lord of the Rings series, Harry Potter books, the AC series, Tom Clancy's books (my opinion.)

Favourite Book Series: Lord of the Rings

Your Turn!

*REMEBER ALL OF THE OPINIONS ON THIS THREAD ARE PERSONAL, AND NOT TO BE TAKEN TO MUCH AT HEART, AS WE ARE ALL DIFFERENT INDIVIDUALS WHO HAVE DIFFERENT OPINIONS BASED ON LIKES, THOUGHTS AND PEERS*
    Last edited by Ultradog177; 02-25-2014 at 05:54 AM.

Thanks to Luckay for this Signature and Dare_xLw Avatar. Thanks to RaveNScythE18 & Smashguy for the PPS userbar.

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

i read alot of textbooks for im going to go to university next year lol. dont get much lesiure time. when i do i go as far away from reading materials as possible

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Nope, nothing

I love to read Horror Novels, nothing quite like it.

David Wellington is by far my favourite writer, his books are amazing!

Lvl 4 - Silver

I love to read! I like almost almost any genre (apart from ROMANCE and history really). Whenever I can't play my PS3 and if I'm not watching something awesome on TV then I will always pick up a book. I don't really enjoy mystery books, unless they're really good ones. I actually usually read fiction books and ones intended for old teenagers.

For an autobiography (I have only read about 5) I would definitely suggest Peter Kay's first book. It's hilarious and I found it a pleasure to read.

As for mysterious books I once read 'The Unquiet', it was okay but pretty disturbing (rape, dead children). I haven't read many mystery books but I would definitely suggest 'The Sticklepath Strangler,' a very good read. I don't really think you could class these as mystery as such but I also really enjoyed 'Marathon Man' and definitely 'The Monstrumologist.' That one was awesome!!

One of my all time favourite set of books is the 'Eragon' series. DO NOT be put off by the atrocious movie as I thoroughly enjoyed first three and am looking forward to opening the final one!!! It is a long story and I know you said you didn't really like those but I definitely recommend that you at least try out the first two; Eragon and Eldest as the plot is very good and constantly twists. I'd compare it to The Lord of the Rings and I would be surprised if you did not enjoy them.

At the moment I'm reading a Darren Shan book - who is one of my favourite authors, especially because of his gory 'Demonata' series. The next book I'm going to read is a book by Charlie Higson - he does write for younger readers, but I find his zombie series an awesome series; intersting plot and just really fun to read.

There's a whole ton of other books but I cba going upstairs to look at them!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2BSm...eature=mh_lolz

THE LINK ABOVE IS A PILE OF SHIT, PLEASE DON'T CLICK ON IT. THANKYOU VERY MUCH.

Roo Commander

I don't read that much but crime/mystery is what I'm into. I read Shutter Island not too long ago, really good.

Grandmasterpiece

I like fantasy fiction books, like Harry Potter, and I'm a big fan of Greek mythos.

Outdated Plat-bar by ThunderStick, sig by DaRe, avatar by ROBO3AG13
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel! Vote on my Playstation Grandmasterpiece HERE!

Aussie Furry, Bitch

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

I read fantasy books such as Lord of the Rings and Garth Nix, but I also read Tom Clancy, Jeffrey Archer, Maria Snyder, Stephen King, The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo series, etc, etc.

PRO Member

My favourite series is Terry Pratchett's Discworld, my favourites from it include the Death novels (so Mort, Reaper Man, etc) and Carpe Jugulum.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Comic Books

"Stay Positive & Love Your Life"
    - 311 -

Lvl 4 - Silver

Well my all time favorite book is The Crucible because the story was about witchcraft and such and it really interested me. It's a great book, I'd highly recommend reading it!

Signature And Avatar Made By DjungList!
    Splinter Cell Chaos Theory Platinum #10

Lvl 2 - Bronze

My all time favorite book is House of Leaves
    I'm also into Chuck Palahniuk(Fight Club, Choke) and Lovecraft/Lovecraft-esque (Call of Cthulhu, The King in Yellow)
    Gonna start reading the Game of Thrones books, too, one of these days

Currently Playing-- Eternal Sonata (PS3), Majora's Mask (N64), Bowser's Inside Story (DS), Darksiders (PS3), Maken X (DC)

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

OOh! a thread i can ramble on about forever!

First and foremost, i love horror books, i have no room to list them all, i will however, state that i am a Stephen King fan, the guy writes with such detail and whimsy whilst allowing brutal and tragic events to occur within his universes.

His best books are IT, The Shining, The Green Mile, Pet Semetary, Lisey's Story and Christine but he has done an amazing amount of good and great work beyond them, i just started reading The Dark Tower series and i'm getting nicely wrapped up in that.

Other than King, i like the work of Shaun Hutson (Warhol's Prophecy), Brian Keene(The Rising), David Moody (Hater), T.M. Wright(The Last Vampire), Richard Laymon (Island), Paulo Coelho (15 Minutes), Neil Gaiman (Coraline), Steve Martin (The Pleasure Of My Company), James Herbert(The Rats!) and Dean Koontz (TickTock)

In addition to that i like comic books, Charlie Brooker's columns and both of Chris Jericho's autobiographies.

I have also read many of the big selling, cult and classic titles such as The Da Vinci Code, Lord Of The Flies, Lord Of The Rings (dull), Kes (brilliant), Bram Stoker's Dracula, Battle Royaleand Metro 2033 but 90% of the books i own are horror based.

Reading has always been one of my favourite hobbies, every story is a world you can make your own and no other medium can touch it in that way.

Lvl 7 - Gold

So far I have read books by Dashiell Hammett and Orson Scott Card with a few random books like The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien, part of The Divine Comedy by Dante Alighieri and random mythology books.
    Avy created by Beam and kid420247

Lvl 4 - Silver

Comics! Batman graphic novels are great..I also enjoy the ultimate spiderman series

The Playboy Wikipedia

I definitely like to read comics. But the last REAL book I read was Mick Foley's first autobiography.
    Amanda Cerny - Playboy's Miss October 2011

Credit to Saul (from another site) for the sig!

Legendary...Nuff Said

I'm a fan of fantasy or sci-fi books, mostly. I'm a die hard Potter fan, but I'm eager to get back to reading A Game of Thrones. Orson Scott Card's Ender's Game is probably my all-time favorite sci-fi book.

Otherwise, The Catcher in the Rye is the still the one and only book I have ever truly read that I could not only fully relate to, but it's also the best pure writing I've read.

The books I hate: Anything to do with dogs. I mean when I was forced to read Where the Red Fern Goes... Seriously kill me now. lol

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

The Playboy Wikipedia

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    The books I hate: Anything to do with dogs. I mean when I was forced to read Where the Red Fern Goes... Seriously kill me now. lol
    Guess you'd never read Stephen King's "Cujo" then
    Amanda Cerny - Playboy's Miss October 2011

Credit to Saul (from another site) for the sig!

Legendary...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by Ewok_3000 View Post
    Guess you'd never read Stephen King's "Cujo" then
    Never read anything Stephen King. So many books, so little time. Besides I'm not all too old anyway, so I haven't actually had enough time in my life to read all of these great books.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Harry Potter is definitely my favorite series. I believe I've also read most of Steve Berry's books. I just find them very entertaining to read. The Lord of the Rings series and The Hobbit are a couple other books I'm into. I've also recently started reading the A Song of Ice And Fire series by George R.R. Martin and I have to say I'm really enjoying it.

Sig and avatar courtesy of ABSTRACT678
    Platbar courtesy of ThunderStick

Jinx? ...Stands for Jinx!

Wow Didn't expect this thread to get such nice notice !

Thanks to Luckay for this Signature and Dare_xLw Avatar. Thanks to RaveNScythE18 & Smashguy for the PPS userbar.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast