Long loading times being reported for VITA.

This is a discussion on Long loading times being reported for VITA. within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Since the Japanese launch of the VITA there have be reports of long loading times of at least one game ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Long loading times being reported for VITA.

Since the Japanese launch of the VITA there have be reports of long loading times of at least one game that I know of.
    Wipeout 2048 takes 52 seconds to load one track and 15 secs to reload on restart.

This would explain why when playing HD/FURY online recently there have been LOOOONG delays for races to start while VITA players are playing via crossplay with PS3 players.

Studio Liverpool have reported that a crossplay patch is on the way for HD/FURY to fix this, but if it takes 52 seconds to load one track on a VITA, how long is it going to take to load a 10 race tournament?
    I can see a lot of online tournaments being disbanded due to excessive loading times if a VITA player has joined in, which defeats the purpose.

All very well making these crossplay type features available, but if they cripple one systems version of a game that was running well previously [HD/FURY on PS3] just so some new,slower, less powerful system ,the VITA, can have access to the same services....I mean, really, has much though gone into the consequences of the general "Slowing down" of any online gaming over the PSN due to crossplay?

Early days, but if the VITA Wipeout 2048 -crossplay- PS3 Wipeout HD/FURY over the PSN experience is anything to go by, games that feature crossplay might not be your first choice if you are solely a PS3 console gamer, it could be a frustrating online experience to what could otherwise be a faster running game.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Everything will be fine, WipeOut 2048 will get patched up soon and everything will be alright.
    at least I hope so!

Lvl 7 - Gold

We will see. I'm sure they will fix this..

Lvl 9 - Gold

One downside to crossplatform gaming.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Yeah, I can confirm the long loading times, I just checked it out for myself (was busy with Golden Abyss and Unit 13 these last couple days). I counted about 40-45 seconds load time for a normal track and about 10 seconds for a retry of the same track.

Lvl 9 - Gold

"it will be patched", "is gonna get fixed" and "letīs hope the devs do something about it". Iīm so sick how almost none game work day 1 as it should.
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

PRO Member

You realize the thing isn't even launched yet in North America and your complaining about load times, its a new system thats gonna have some quirks to work out, look how long the PS3 has been out and look at games still having quirks, Skryrim etc come on give it a rest, and if you think 52 seconds is a long time, you need to relax a bit

The One and Only

Is the loading issues specifically for WipEout 2048? If so, then that's pretty sad.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Yeah it just Wipeout that has the long loading times. Modnation Racers does too but not as bad.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

A patch should be available around the 22nd that will reduce the loading times by about 10 seconds.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by thedevilsminion View Post
    You realize the thing isn't even launched yet in North America and your complaining about load times, its a new system thats gonna have some quirks to work out, look how long the PS3 has been out and look at games still having quirks, Skryrim etc come on give it a rest, and if you think 52 seconds is a long time, you need to relax a bit
    Exactly. I spend half my time during Skyrim waiting and reading the damn load screens. OH NOO, 15 SECONDS!!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Skyrim is a decent argument but Skyrim also isn't a portable game.

Local Drunk

One of the reasons why I'll wait a while before buying a Vita.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies