Bold Prediction Regarding PS Vita in Australia

This is a discussion on Bold Prediction Regarding PS Vita in Australia within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I know there were rumours floating around that the JB stores wouldn't be stocking the 3G model of PS Vita ...

Player Hater

Bold Prediction Regarding PS Vita in Australia

I know there were rumours floating around that the JB stores wouldn't be stocking the 3G model of PS Vita due to a conflict of interest of sorts (telco Vodafone partnering with Sony to provide the 3G network support for the device being at odds with JB Hifi's dealer relationship with telco Telstra).
    Well, I'd just like to throw out an assumption here that there is the potential that we won't be seeing a 3G model of PS Vita being released in Australia at all, or, that if there is one, the release will quickly turn into a debacle of sorts.
    I have received no confirmation of this and to be truthful, this is what one would refer to as an educated guess, but I will definitely not be surprised if the 3G device is pulled from sale in Australia either before or shortly after launch. Keep your eyes and ears tuned in, folk!

PRO Member

Might be a conflict for JB Hi Fi, but not for Game, EB or Dick Smith (which is owned by Woolies, 1 of the 2 complete bastards of major Aussie retailers) who have no such alegiance with Telstra.

Besides, Telstra are gearing up to launch their new 4G network so, don't think they'll be too concerned about JB selling a few game consoles running on a competitors 3G network.

Now playing
    EVE ONLINE
    Who needs a life anyway

Player Hater

Like I said, it's quite a bold prediction! Regardless of what happens, I think there will be a few interesting goings on around the launch of the 3G Vita, if it does indeed make it to Australia. My prediction is not so much based around conflicts of interest, but more around Vodafone's ability to provide suitable 3G network coverage for the device and whether Sony is going to take that risk releasing the 3G handheld to market in this country under that partnership. I'm happy to be proven wrong, and a trouble-free launch would be welcomed with open arms, but I'm expecting the worst.

Local Drunk

Never know you could be right, Game and EB are advertising 3G models though. I won't be getting a Vita until Christmas or so.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Player Hater

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    Never know you could be right, Game and EB are advertising 3G models though. I won't be getting a Vita until Christmas or so.
    Yeah, I'm definitely going to be holding out to see how shit pans out. Might get a wifi model for my step-son and see what happens with 3G after 6 or so months.

Local Drunk

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Keyser View Post
    Yeah, I'm definitely going to be holding out to see how shit pans out. Might get a wifi model for my step-son and see what happens with 3G after 6 or so months.
    It's the way to go. Sounds like a good idea mate.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies