Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

1 out of 10 Vita users had to exchange/repair their vita due to it being broken

This is a discussion on 1 out of 10 Vita users had to exchange/repair their vita due to it being broken within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Seen this on the active threads on the front page and I could have bet my years salary that it ...

PRO Member

Seen this on the active threads on the front page and I could have bet my years salary that it was going to be ps360 posting it. YAWN

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Most consoles are plagued with issues on first release. PS2 had problems, so did PS3 to some extent (same goes for other consoles I expect). Hopefully it is firmware and not hardware, but this is also why I rarely buy a console on purchase.

Will there be teething problems ? Yes. Does this mean it is a bad product ? No

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    yea i have the first edition preordered because im neutral against all platforms (because they can't beat the pc)
    More likely, you've pre-ordered because first editions will be more easily cracked for CFW. Sony has a history of making subsequent versions more difficult eg PSPGo wasn't cracked until the GeoHot PS3 master key shit-storm.

Not a criticism, it's the same reason I bought my PSP. If you had legitimate concerns about hardware failure rates, you'd wait for the second model to hit the shelves.

Retired TGT Member

Well here's to hoping we don't have any issues with out VITA's

Vive La Révelation!

Wow I’m really glad I decided to wait on getting one of these right away
    Avy & Signature by the Legend, Bladia.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Hasn't this happened with every console ever? Mainly, in this generation with literally with the same statistic?

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Hysteria View Post
    Hasn't this happened with every console ever? Mainly, in this generation with literally with the same statistic?
    Not that I know of. Xbox's RROD is the only system I know of that had immediate problems right out of the gate on release. Never had a problem with any other system I've owned with 1st/2nd generation consoles. Now ps3 Fatties and the original NES would be the other 2 systems I know of with problems but it generally took around 1-2 years(ps3), and 6 months(NES) before people had problems. Not 2 hours or a few weeks.
    August 2011 Trophy Competition Winner

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

the way i see it, even if 1 out of 10 vita's users have experienced errors, 9 out of 10 vita's haven't experienced errors. that's good enough for me

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    More likely, you've pre-ordered because first editions will be more easily cracked for CFW. Sony has a history of making subsequent versions more difficult eg PSPGo wasn't cracked until the GeoHot PS3 master key shit-storm.

Not a criticism, it's the same reason I bought my PSP. If you had legitimate concerns about hardware failure rates, you'd wait for the second model to hit the shelves.
    or the fact that the japan release they would pretty much fix any issues till they are out the door.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12