Media Create sales Put vita at 15k Sales this week

This is a discussion on Media Create sales Put vita at 15k Sales this week within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Media Create hardware sales (1/16 3DS – 80,960 PS3 – 21,155 PSP – 17,181 Vita – 15,219 Wii – 10,173 ...

INTJ

Media Create sales Put vita at 15k Sales this week

Media Create hardware sales (1/16

3DS – 80,960
    PS3 – 21,155
    PSP – 17,181
    Vita – 15,219
    Wii – 10,173
    Xbox 360 – 1,588
    DSi LL – 1,200
    PS2 – 903
    DSi – 822

For comparison’s sake, here are the hardware numbers from last week:
    3DS – 100,668
    PS3 – 30,332
    PSP – 22,538
    Vita – 18,361
    Wii – 14,179
    Xbox 360 – 1,519
    DSi LL – 1,515
    DSi – 1,206
    PS2 766
    alternate source:
    http://www.pushsquare.com/37719/japa...-sales-plunge/

by the way if you are wondering where people are getting the sales numbers at (their main site hasn't updated yet with the rankings.):

http://www.m-create.com/ranking/

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I'm pretty sure the Vita's sales will go up if it ever gets hacked, sad but true.
    That's the main reason the PSP sold so much, Sony should just leave the handhelds to Nintendo and focus on consoles
    Surgeon Of Death

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Adell View Post
    I'm pretty sure the Vita's sales will go up if it ever gets hacked, sad but true.
    That's the main reason the PSP sold so much, Sony should just leave the handhelds to Nintendo and focus on consoles
    yea, platforms with freedom on them tend to do way better in the long run

Lvl 3 - Bronze

At least it's doing better than the Wii and the Xbox360 if it was in last place than they should worry. Those numbers don't really mean too much considering if people wanted one they would buy it. There really isn't any sort of system seller for them because remember Uncharted is more popular to Western Audiences plus people who were really excited for it already have it. Come E3 and then we will see tons of announcements and amazing games that will make us drool and glad that we already have one. I know I was the same way with the 3DS before E3 I only had one game and wondered why I bought the system then after they announced a bunch of games coming out I realized "Yeah this is the reason I got it"

Kid, not loser

The 3ds dropped 20000 n the ps3 dropped 9000. so not to bad for the Vita this week really.

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by Kid_Loser View Post
    The 3ds dropped 20000 n the ps3 dropped 9000. so not to bad for the Vita this week really.
    That is actually a more interesting number. The Vita doesn't have any games that appeal to a Japanese audience yet it is still maintaining its sales. The 3ds price dropped, released Mario, Mario Kart and Monster Hunter yet every week it drops by 20 or 30 thousand. It might be on top but those are actually really scary numbers and should be looked at as more concerning.

While the 3ds had a couple of good weeks on top (due to releasing 3 huge games) it drops very quickly when those games become a few weeks old, the DS never had that problem.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Lvl 8 - Gold

the 3ds isnt selling quite as well as nintendo was hoping even after a big price cut.

Indie Game Developer

I agree. After looking at the other consoles' numbers, I don't see the Vita's numbers thus far being that concerning. Everything else basically dropped more since last week than the Vita did. At this rate, it will only be a few more weeks until the 3DS settles down near the PS3 and Vita. Once the Vita gets some good Japanese software, I feel like it will get the same boost that the 3DS did. Perhaps with the boost if sales that would have, the Vita would get more popularity, and that would spur a lot of sales. Just being optimistic here
    Hey. Hey. Look. Look at me. I'm playing video games.