Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Gamestop now has Vita Demo Booths, I played it and i can sum it up in two words

This is a discussion on Gamestop now has Vita Demo Booths, I played it and i can sum it up in two words within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by fillabong Your Vita bashing turned in to pure sex? never bashed the vita. just posted news about ...

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by fillabong View Post
    Your Vita bashing turned in to pure sex?

never bashed the vita.

just posted news about it.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    never bashed the vita.

just posted news about it.
    Yeah, but the act of selecting and posting news is an implicit stance, is it not? Accentuated by a negatively phrased thread title?

When you choose to post news about low sale numbers in Japan, emphasizing how much lower they are than those of competing products (instead of, as others have done, demonstrating that it is actually doing well in a falling market), that is negative.

There is plenty of positive news, such as positive reviews of the console itself or news on games being announced (positive because it strenghtens the platform) or reviewed positively, yet you choose not to post any of that.

You may not have bashed it in your own words, but the sum of all these negative posts has the same effect.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by TJOHO! View Post
    Yeah, but the act of selecting and posting news is an implicit stance, is it not? Accentuated by a negatively phrased thread title?

When you choose to post news about low sale numbers in Japan, emphasizing how much lower they are than those of competing products (instead of, as others have done, demonstrating that it is actually doing well in a falling market), that is negative.

There is plenty of positive news, such as positive reviews of the console itself or news on games being announced (positive because it strenghtens the platform) or reviewed positively, yet you choose not to post any of that.

You may not have bashed it in your own words, but the sum of all these negative posts has the same effect.
    yea i perfer censoring the news than freedom of information

everyone already posts the positive news, i post the negative.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by NTGSruler View Post
    Man i hope the Vita is going to be good. I'm on deployment in Afghanistan for the moment and i can't buy it on launch day. Good thing is, i got my psp with me and it's making late hours...
    You should still have a few options, like Amazon, Gamestop, Walmart, Target, ToysRUs and Bestbuy all ship APO/FPO (its how I satisfy all my gaming needs here in Germany without AAFES and the European market charging me $60 for a $10 game) and AAFES should have it. Now I have yet to go to Afghanistan myself so I don't know theAAFES situation there, but we had tons of shit come in when I was in Qatar. It would be nice if people decided to donate this stuff to interested military members, lol. Anyway, stay safe and best of luck to you.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by TJOHO! View Post

lol.

What is your point anyway? Do you want Ps360 to actually have sex with the Vita to prove to you that it really is pure sex?

Ps360 said the Vita is pure sex: if you don't think that is a positive post, then I don't know what is...

You just have to realise that opinions may change from time to time.

God of War (2010/08/29) God of War II (2010/09/06) FIFA10 (2010/09/16) God of War III (2010/09/18) Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (2010/10/05) Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (2010/10/11) Assassin's Creed II (2011/07/11) Trine 2 (2013/05/27) The Walking Dead (2013/07/15)

Lvl 3 - Bronze

brotherfranciz, I think you have me confused with fillabong. He was the one who took issue with Ps360's opinion change.
    I only took issue with Ps360's the statement that he had never bashed the Vita.

What exactly is your point? If you say Ps360's opinion is positive now and that he changed his opinion, that must mean you acknowledge my point that his opinion was negative before.

In case there are others with reading comprehension problems, I also did not say anything about censorship or restricting freedom of information.

INTJ

you told me to stop posting bad news. which is basically asking to censor myself. why would i censor myself to make something look better

i also bold random words in my sentences to make my opinion seem way more intelligent

Lvl 4 - Silver

nice i wonder if they have this setup at the Gamestop down the road from my house. Maybe I'll take a ride down there later

Currently Working On- Borderlands 2 52% Resistance: Burning Skies 40%

Platinum Procrastinator

Well its nice to see you had a good experience with it as it seems most of the people on here think you hate everything Sony related. I'm still not sure if I'll get one yet as I have more than enough PS3 games to keep me occupied along with a few Wii and DS games that need to be started.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

PRO Member

I so cannot wait for remote play and I so cannot wait to support its efforts to provide avid gamers devices in which to play out there hearts desire, seriously if they do not make the money like some people say then there doing this for us the gamer where would we be without Sony

Lvl 3 - Bronze

you told me to stop posting bad news.
    Let me take a page out of your playbook and ask you to find a quote where I tell you to do anything at all.

Can't find anything? Maybe it's because you've been doing something called jumping to conclusions. All I did was to say that if you're choosing to post only negative news about the Vita, that implies that you yourself are negative to it. I didn't say for you to stop, nor to post positive news. I just thought that you could maybe have the stones to stand by your opinion.

By the way, if you want to look more intelligent, try spelling, punctuation and capitalization before you start on bolding stuff.

Anyway, I apologize to the rest of you all for filling this thread with pointlessness. The PS Vita is now pure sex, on this we can agree. This will be my last post trying to coax reason out of Ps360 - from now on I'll focus on the Vita.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by brotherfranciz View Post
    You just have to realise that opinions may change from time to time.
    Ps360's opinion never changed. He has had the VITA pre-ordered for quite a while and was going to get it before he even touched it at GameStop.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    Well its nice to see you had a good experience with it as it seems most of the people on here think you hate everything Sony related. I'm still not sure if I'll get one yet as I have more than enough PS3 games to keep me occupied along with a few Wii and DS games that need to be started.
    I hear you! DS still is an amazing console IMHO (the 3DS not enough of an upgrade for me to consider). These days I keep wanting to go back and play some classic PS2 games as well.

Just remember: those games don't have trophies, but the Vita ones do!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Trophies had me sold long ago

Breakfast and Chill

Pure sex
    Need to save up some money then

Indie Game Developer

it's obviously android of some sort but whatever
    I have never used an android device that has run smoothly.
    Hey. Hey. Look. Look at me. I'm playing video games.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jakintosh View Post

go grab a transformer or a samsung galaxy phone

Bringing the PAIN

Quote Originally Posted by fillabong View Post
    Your Vita bashing turned in to pure sex?
    I must look into this now if PS360 says its good. Thanks for the heads up and will drop in Gamestop next time I'm in town.
    Hey man if you read this then don't waste your drive yet. I was in both stores today and they as of now don't have a system set up yet...

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

Lvl 8 - Gold

Got my chance to play with it today and I love it!

I was playing some Uncharted, ModNation and Little Deviants, gotta say the device is so light! and really not that much bigger then a PSP. The touch screen was responsive and the games played beautifully.

As PS360 said about the analogue sticks, I really didn't notice anything wrong with them, but they're a lot smaller then I was expecting.

I've been considering changing my pre-order from the Wi-Fi to the 3G, but I'm not 100% sure because I don't know if I can just change the sim card in it.

UK Vita's come packaged with a Vodafone Sim Card but I'm going on Three with Unlimited Data, so I wanna know if I can use that sim card instead. BLAH.

Still, so glad I got to play it :3

PRO Member

Good to know, but the memory card thing is still putting the VITA low on my list. I'll wait until the 3rd party memory cards come out.

That price structure turned me from a day-1 buyer to a eventually buyer.

you told me to stop posting bad news. which is basically asking to censor myself. why would i censor myself to make something look better

i also bold random words in my sentences to make my opinion seem way more intelligent
    I am usually behind you in terms of the links and news you post and accepting the fact you are different, but you can't be this naive or ignorant.

You know the spin you put on the stories you post. You know the tone you take in your commentary after you quote the article. Moreover you also aren't great with your summary points of the articles either, like this one.

The reality of what you do external to the forum is irrelevant, when you are in here your tone with Sony is very negative. You clearly take a stance, and that stance is overly critical and negative toward Sony.

It stops being news when you inject your opinion, just FYI. I know ethics in journalism has been a joke since News programs started realizing ratings = money, but journalism 101 is you can either have an opinion or you can report the news.

Lets also not equate this to censoring or freedom of information, you post one link that features whatever point you are trying to make. You aren't posting all points or all articles dealing with a topic. That implicitly means you are (by your own definition) censoring the information down to what you want to post.

Of course, this is by your definition and not necessarily one that makes any sense. The act of censoring requires a central or supervisory figure who takes an active role in the policing of the information. Without said active central figure, its not censorship.

The reality is this is a discussion board, we share selected facts and information, discuss topics, and post opinions. There really isn't anywhere on this forum that is really posting news, even our news section is all spun with some type of opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakintosh View Post
    This is probably not true, much like I told ApplePope/Anti about .NET stuff, Android is in things you may not realize.

Its in because it is an open and portable platform that is capable of being closed (copyleft destroys just as much as copyright).

Several CD/DVD players use it (most of them in/for cars), several cameras use it, TVs, etc.
    Last edited by Gauss; 01-31-2012 at 07:53 AM.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12