Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sony Confirms Digital Vita Games Cheaper than Physical/Cartridge Games

This is a discussion on Sony Confirms Digital Vita Games Cheaper than Physical/Cartridge Games within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by antoniosbandana My mailman comes upstairs and delivers to my couch. Actually it was a mailwoman. Actually it ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by antoniosbandana View Post
    My mailman comes upstairs and delivers to my couch. Actually it was a mailwoman. Actually it was Charlize Theron in a mailman outfit. Actually it was Charlize Theron NOT in a mailman outfit.

Actually, that was just a dream. Damnit.
    Lol if only i could be real.... Don't think there will be much time for gaming..

The Last of Us

Quote Originally Posted by BadWolf2142 View Post
    Just get a debit Visa or Mastercard. These will let you make purchases on the net using money held in your account without getting yourself into debt.

Not sure about the prices in the US, but in Australia, a 16GB card will set you back $64. If downloaded games require an average of 2GB of storage, then that's only 8 games per memory card, meaning 8 downloaded games would effectively be $24 (8 x $5 = $40, $64 - $40 = $24) more expensive than the retail counterpart.

Of course not all download games will need 2GB, but the average PSN title is around a GB so you can realisticaly expect to fit arround 16 games on a 16GB card depending on your selection of games. But that's only an effective $16 saving or $1 discount per game...and you don't get a flashy case that you can stick in your cupboard then sell to a collector in 20 years for 10 time the price you paid.
    How have I never heard of debit Visa/Mastercards before?

Quote Originally Posted by NTGSruler View Post
    I stay with the purchase of physical games.. It is just so much more pleasure to actually get a game in your hands... And to get out of your couch and go the store to buy a game is still something i like, rather than downloading a game...
    That and the fact you can re-sell your game is also something to think about...
    Yeah I know that feeling, much better to have a shelf full then a memory card full.

Quote Originally Posted by antoniosbandana View Post
    My mailman comes upstairs and delivers to my couch. Actually it was a mailwoman. Actually it was Charlize Theron in a mailman outfit. Actually it was Charlize Theron NOT in a mailman outfit.

Actually, that was just a dream. Damnit.
    Now it's my dream too...

So much win in this post Antonio.

~Thanks to DaRe_xLw for t
    he epic sig and avy!~

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by BadWolf2142 View Post
    Not sure about the prices in the US, but in Australia, a 16GB card will set you back $64. If downloaded games require an average of 2GB of storage, then that's only 8 games per memory card, meaning 8 downloaded games would effectively be $24 (8 x $5 = $40, $64 - $40 = $24) more expensive than the retail counterpart.

Of course not all download games will need 2GB, but the average PSN title is around a GB so you can realisticaly expect to fit arround 16 games on a 16GB card depending on your selection of games.
    I don't really get this line of reasoning. Sony has actually made it pretty easy to keep your downloaded games on your PS3 or your PC (granted, no Mac support) and then transfer the ones you need to your memory card. Do you really need to play 16 different Vita games in tandem? I've used Nintendo DS and PSP consoles for years, and never played more than 3 games at the same time (well, not literally at the same time, but swapping back and forth according to what I wanted to play at any given time). I only got an 8 GB card for my Vita and don't expect that to be a problem.

It is marginally less convenient to hook up your Vita to your PS3 or PC through USB and wait a minute for a game to copy over than it is to root through your collection of physical game cards for the one you want and slot it in. Unless, of course, you'll be carrying 16+ game cards with you at all times - with an added risk of losing them.

I'm not saying downloaded games are a perfect solution. I bought Golden Abyss on a game card and will probably continue to buy a mix of physical and digital, just as on the PS3. I don't really care that much about being able to resell games, so all things being equal I would prefer everything digital (just like with my music, movies, and books), but the big problem is price. A 5 dollar difference may make a difference in the beginning (I say may, because some retailers might undercut it from the getgo), but if current PSP/PS3 games are an indication, the price gap between expensive games on the PSN store and heavily discounted games from retailers will just keep growing as a game gets older. Some of the games from a year or more back you can get for almost nothing online (for example Amazon), but are still super expensive on PSN. Heck, the retail price drops starts only a few months after release!

Regional Manager of War

This is how it should be for the PS3 aswell not pricing Rachet and Clank: All 4 One full retail on PSN when you can find the game for $20 dollars on amazon.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

In the long run, it isn't cheaper because you will have to upgrade to an expensive memory card. Save your memory for PSN only titles and other media.

PRO Member

here' a link with some news on these prices in this link. Its UK prices but there cheap
    Sony prices PS Vita digital-only launch titles - MotorStorm RC for PS Vita News - VideoGamer.com

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Motorstorm RC is a launch title?

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by DINGOSTY View Post
    Motorstorm RC is a launch title?
    it must be according to the site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12