Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sony Confirms Digital Vita Games Cheaper than Physical/Cartridge Games

This is a discussion on Sony Confirms Digital Vita Games Cheaper than Physical/Cartridge Games within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Source: Update: Sony Confirms Vita Digital Discounts for U.S. - VITA News at IGN So the article says about $5 ...

Retired TGT Member

Sony Confirms Digital Vita Games Cheaper than Physical/Cartridge Games

Source: Update: Sony Confirms Vita Digital Discounts for U.S. - VITA News at IGN

So the article says about $5 cheaper for each game, but Sony says they are finalizing the discount. $5 ain't too shabby.

Lvl 9 - Gold

$5 off PSN version of a game? Still a rip-off since it's a controlled sale vs. a retail game that can vary. Now if starting prices for Vita games through PSN were $20, that'd be more reasonable. But $5 when I can get a retailed game the day it comes out for cheaper? kk.
    August 2011 Trophy Competition Winner

Administrator

I wonder if the price of the digital game will stay at the same price while the physical copy is sold for cheaper then the digital version after a year or so.

Kiwi Defender

It's just much, but at least it's something. This is one of the reasons for which the PSP GO was doomed to die.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    It's just much, but at least it's something. This is one of the reasons for which the PSP GO was doomed to die.
    That, and the fact no one could hack it when it was released. But ya.. It's a start, but not good enough. The only upside to buying digital to me is the fact that I can get 2 copies of the game for the price of 1. But whats the point if a game costs $30+ on PSN and I can pick up 2 retail copies for $10 a piece, or less? Not to mention the DD is stuck on your account and the Vita is only allowed 1 account... All the reason for me to stay physical .

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

i wonder what the base price of vita games will be. if the price will be a substantial discount thaen itll be great and if plus gets a bigger discount then itll be

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Kid, not loser

But also with retail you can sell back your game. Its gonna be a tough choice for me.

PRO Member

I still don't know if I'll be buying retail or digital...

Sig by - ~ Avatar by - DaRe

Zombie Killin' Business
    Are you a Professional Zombie Slayer? Join now!

Side Project
    My (incomplete) checklist, and trophy guides.

The GGA
    Sig Battles, SotW, SotM, and more!

Got a YouTube Channel?
    Post it here!

Prayer Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Minarum View Post
    $5 off PSN version of a game? Still a rip-off since it's a controlled sale vs. a retail game that can vary. Now if starting prices for Vita games through PSN were $20, that'd be more reasonable. But $5 when I can get a retailed game the day it comes out for cheaper? kk.
    i agree....for only a $5 difference i would rather just pony it up and get a physical version of the game. i'm all for digital distribution but i also want to feel like i got a deal for choosing to go digital as opposed to physical.

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

INTJ

Cheaper games

expensive as fuck memory cards to hold them on

The Last of Us

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    Cheaper games

expensive as fuck memory cards to hold them on
    ^^^ This a million times.
    I'll be doing a bit of psychical and digital the same as I do with my PS3.
    I also live an hour from any place where I can buy video games, and that's just a Wal-mart...
    So for me buying digital makes sense, because otherwise I would spend about $25 in gas to actually go buy one.

~Thanks to DaRe_xLw for t
    he epic sig and avy!~

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoskauser View Post
    ^^^ This a million times.
    I'll be doing a bit of psychical and digital the same as I do with my PS3.
    I also live an hour from any place where I can buy video games, and that's just a Wal-mart...
    So for me buying digital makes sense, because otherwise I would spend about $25 in gas to actually go buy one.
    Or you could use ebay and amazon and save yourself a ton of money in gas, and cheaper games.

The Last of Us

Quote Originally Posted by Minarum View Post
    Or you could use ebay and amazon and save yourself a ton of money in gas, and cheaper games.
    I currently have no credit card, and up until recently didn't really have a stable enough income to really be putting things on credit. =/
    But I see your point.

~Thanks to DaRe_xLw for t
    he epic sig and avy!~

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoskauser View Post
    I currently have no credit card, and up until recently didn't really have a stable enough income to really be putting things on credit. =/
    But I see your point.
    Just get a debit Visa or Mastercard. These will let you make purchases on the net using money held in your account without getting yourself into debt.

Not sure about the prices in the US, but in Australia, a 16GB card will set you back $64. If downloaded games require an average of 2GB of storage, then that's only 8 games per memory card, meaning 8 downloaded games would effectively be $24 (8 x $5 = $40, $64 - $40 = $24) more expensive than the retail counterpart.

Of course not all download games will need 2GB, but the average PSN title is around a GB so you can realisticaly expect to fit arround 16 games on a 16GB card depending on your selection of games. But that's only an effective $16 saving or $1 discount per game...and you don't get a flashy case that you can stick in your cupboard then sell to a collector in 20 years for 10 time the price you paid.

Now playing
    EVE ONLINE
    Who needs a life anyway

Lvl 7 - Gold

I stay with the purchase of physical games.. It is just so much more pleasure to actually get a game in your hands... And to get out of your couch and go the store to buy a game is still something i like, rather than downloading a game...
    That and the fact you can re-sell your game is also something to think about...

Retired TGT Member

Quote Originally Posted by NTGSruler View Post
    I stay with the purchase of physical games.. It is just so much more pleasure to actually get a game in your hands... And to get out of your couch and go the store to buy a game is still something i like, rather than downloading a game...
    That and the fact you can re-sell your game is also something to think about...
    Yeah, I'm hoping the trade-in market for Vita games will be good. I agree that getting to hold the game in your hand feels good. Not sure if getting off the couch is a big factor for me though

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by antoniosbandana View Post
    Yeah, I'm hoping the trade-in market for Vita games will be good. I agree that getting to hold the game in your hand feels good. Not sure if getting off the couch is a big factor for me though

Lol, ok that was a bit too much maybe, but you still have to do it to get the games in your hands... If you leave out Amazon and such of course

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by NTGSruler View Post
    Lol, ok that was a bit too much maybe, but you still have to do it to get the games in your hands... If you leave out Amazon and such of course
    Even with Amazon you have to get up off your couch to get the package from the mailman.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    Even with Amazon you have to get up off your couch to get the package from the mailman.
    True but you actually don't have to go physically to the store....

Retired TGT Member

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    My mailman comes upstairs and delivers to my couch. Actually it was a mailwoman. Actually it was Charlize Theron in a mailman outfit. Actually it was Charlize Theron NOT in a mailman outfit.

Actually, that was just a dream. Damnit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast