Vita Sales Going Back Up in Japan

This is a discussion on Vita Sales Going Back Up in Japan within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Source: PlayStation Vita Hardware/Software Sales Improving - VITA News at IGN So, a big game from Nintendo gets ported to ...

Retired TGT Member

Vita Sales Going Back Up in Japan

Source: PlayStation Vita Hardware/Software Sales Improving - VITA News at IGN

So, a big game from Nintendo gets ported to Vita, and that game begins at #3 on the sales charts, while Vita sales go up. Yay.

The One and Only

It's good to hear the Vita is selling better over at a place like Nintendo City

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Kiwi Defender

Proves how popular the Tales series are in Japan, but still, the VITA is selling horribly. The PSP is almost even in sales, and the PS3 sold almost four thousand unites more.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Kid, not loser

I seriously believe the psp was perfect for the japenese market, while the Vita is perfect for the western market. It should do better release west side.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Proves how popular the Tales series are in Japan, but still, the VITA is selling horribly. The PSP is almost even in sales, and the PS3 sold almost four thousand unites more.
    It also somewhat proves that the reason for the lack of sales was down to there being not many japanese orientated games on the market at the time of launch.

I wonder how the Vita will do in the EU and US then...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Well that is a good sign. I'm hoping to see steady improvements as the software starts hitting the shelves. Gravity Daze/Rush hits Feb. 9th in Japan; and with that nice review score I hope we see better numbers and a top 20 placing for the game!

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Oxymoron28 View Post
    It also somewhat proves that the reason for the lack of sales was down to there being not many japanese orientated games on the market at the time of launch.

I wonder how the Vita will do in the EU and US then...
    I assume it'll easily break the 100,000 sales in a few hours, but then again, it might not do well at first but later.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Played little deviants on Vita, absolutely amazing machine. Once people try it, will sell like crazy. No doubt in my mind, Will be selling my 3ds shortly after.

Retired TGT Member

Quote Originally Posted by DINGOSTY View Post
    Played little deviants on Vita, absolutely amazing machine. Once people try it, will sell like crazy. No doubt in my mind, Will be selling my 3ds shortly after.
    Sell it now, you can trade it in for an extra $25 at GameStop. Though I'm assuming you haven't already paid off your Vita, and that you live in the US...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by antoniosbandana View Post
    Sell it now, you can trade it in for an extra $25 at GameStop. Though I'm assuming you haven't already paid off your Vita, and that you live in the US...
    No preorder yet live in the US. What is Gamestop offering?

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I traded my 3ds in the day before the price drop and got 177.00 credit for it. Got Catherine special edition, ps sharpshooter, ps move bundle. Not bad for something I barely used

Retired TGT Member

Quote Originally Posted by DINGOSTY View Post
    No preorder yet live in the US. What is Gamestop offering?
    This is what they're offering:

Source: GameStop Sales | PC Sales | GameStop | GameStop (scroll about halfway down)

I dont know the current going rate for 3DS trades, but I bet it's pretty high. You can call and ask.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Damn I should have waited to trade in my 3DS. Oh well, I really didn't enjoy that thing. Such a waste of money.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I'm just gonna own both the 3DS and Vita, don't see the point in missing out on exclusives just because it'd be cheaper to get the Vita.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Hm... a bonus $25, huh? I've been checking my game drawer lately, and most of the PSP games I have, I can purchase on the Store or have been re-released on PS3 with trophies... maybe I'll trade in my PSP and hope for the best that the other few games show up on the Store as well. Would be nice to get another $40 of credit or so. That's a whole 'nother Vita game.