Reminder: The Content Transfer program for Computers has no version for OSX and Linux.

This is a discussion on Reminder: The Content Transfer program for Computers has no version for OSX and Linux. within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; For people in preparation for the vita content transfering stuff (Get music, photos, etc on your vita via computer. You ...

INTJ

Reminder: The Content Transfer program for Computers has no version for OSX and Linux.

For people in preparation for the vita content transfering stuff (Get music, photos, etc on your vita via computer. You can also backup and restore vitas) download and instructions here:

Installing Content Manager Assistant | PlayStation®Vita User's Guide

People who use linux and OSX, Your out of luck. Sony also doesn't like third party software either and will also block it at any chance.

The only sane person here

Heh good thing I have W7 for my laptop

illegal in 9 countries

Or just plug it in via USB, browse the folders, click and drag the content to back it up.

Fortunately for Mac / Linux users, we're aware of software like Parallels, VMWare Fusion, Wine etc. Even if the software is required for content transfers, it's easy enough to fire up a Windows VM.

INTJ

Nevermind about the OSX part, a update on feb 8th fixes that

PlayStation Vita's Feb. 8 update adds video capture, OS X support, GPS tracking | Joystiq

Lvl 1 - Bronze

You could always just transfer everything to the PS3 first and then onto the Vita from there.

Off Topic
    I just downloaded 7 PS Vita games plus a couple online passes for some of the games onto the PS3 in preparation of the Vita hopefully being in the mail tomorrow. I'm gonna review the thing and I couldn't be more excited. Getting 7 free games on my own PSN account saves me a shitload of cash too. Unfortunately, I'll have to return the Vita itself after about a week.

The games in question are:

Everybody's Golf
    Little Deviants
    ModNation Racers: Road Trip
    Reality Fighters
    Uncharted: Golden Abyss
    Unit 13
    WipEout 2048