Vita Firmware 1.6 Adds Map Feature; Video Recording Feature

This is a discussion on Vita Firmware 1.6 Adds Map Feature; Video Recording Feature within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Firmware update 1.6, out later this week in Japan, adds major new functionality to PlayStation Vita. Amongst the new additions ...

Retired TGT Member

Vita Firmware 1.6 Adds Map Feature; Video Recording Feature

Firmware update 1.6, out later this week in Japan, adds major new functionality to PlayStation Vita.

Amongst the new additions is the Map application, which will reside on the homescreen. Similar to smart phone apps, it lets you view information on your location and search for directions between locations, according to Andriasang.

The other major new addition is the ability to record video. This feature will be accessed via the camera, which currently only takes stills.

Also, the Home button will flash blue when the console is connected to a power supply.

It's also been confirmed that Sony is working on a Content Management Assistant for Mac OS, which allows you to manage data on the console. Only a Windows version of the software currently exists.

Firmware 1.6 will be released in Japan on February 8th. Vita launches in Europe and the US on February 22nd.
    Source: Vita Firmware 1.6 out in Japan this Week - VITA News at IGN

I thought they meant record gameplay

www.powerpyx.com

Damn!

I had so much hope when seeing the name of the thread and again, Sony is disappointing me. I do not think that they will ever release a firmware or AV Cable that allows us to capture any gameplay. If it will become possible, then only with the help of a CFW or AV Cable from a third party developer (like the chinese ones that are already offering it).

Sony became very strict with video output because of copyright issues. Since they support SOPA, PIPA and ACTA they obviously won't do anything to make gameplay capturing possible anytime soon.

At this specific point it feels like they are going a step back with the Vita.

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPyx View Post
    Damn!

I had so much hope when seeing the name of the thread and again, Sony is disappointing me. I do not think that they will ever release a firmware or AV Cable that allows us to capture any gameplay. If it will become possible, then only with the help of a CFW or AV Cable from a third party developer (like the chinese ones that are already offering it).

Sony became very strict with video output because of copyright issues. Since they support SOPA, PIPA and ACTA they obviously won't do anything to make gameplay capturing possible anytime soon.

At this specific point it feels like they are going a step back with the Vita.
    Actually that really isn't the reason for no output, I mean if people wanted to they could just film their screens and put that online. Also Sony Music and Film support Sopa not all parts so get your fact straight. (also Nintendo doesn't allow output either)

The main reason for no output is simply it is something that not a lot of people used so why include it. Games look amazing on the 5 inch screen but once blown up to 50 inches they would look terrible.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

The One and Only

I thought they meant recording gameplay too

It would be nice to record some wacky shit I do with my Vita!

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Retired TGT Member

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    Games look amazing on the 5 inch screen but once blown up to 50 inches they would look terrible.
    That's not why he wants it, and it's not why I want it either. We both want it so we can record footage and make youtube videos, which are nowhere near 50". There are lot more like us as well

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Sweet I don't have to find ways to go onto the Internet and hook it to my capture card. That's good to know if I am in an MP game and want to capture some game videos.
    Lord Fenton
    Gaming since the days of Kings Quest 3

Working On: Dungeon Defenders and Batman:AC(PS3) and Borderlands (PC Steam) til I start round 2 of my BG:EE good guy this time.
    My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/GrimFenton

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by antoniosbandana View Post
    That's not why he wants it, and it's not why I want it either. We both want it so we can record footage and make youtube videos, which are nowhere near 50". There are lot more like us as well
    I know why you guys want it, I am just explaining why Sony isn't doing it. I would love some good video guides for treasures in Uncharted but for now we will have to tape the screen.

I just don't like people blaming Sony when Nintendo doesn't include it either.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Retired TGT Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordFenton View Post
    Sweet I don't have to find ways to go onto the Internet and hook it to my capture card. That's good to know if I am in an MP game and want to capture some game videos.
    Unfortunately, that's not what this update is for. This means you can use the built-in camera to record videos of your environment, not record gameplay