View Poll Results: Should I buy the vita?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes buy it now

12 40.00%
  • Buy it later

14 46.67%
  • No don't buy it at all it is a waste of time and money.

4 13.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is It Worth It?

This is a discussion on Is It Worth It? within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; So i have been looking forward to the vita for a while now but i still don't know if i ...

Big Boss

Is It Worth It?

So i have been looking forward to the vita for a while now but i still don't know if i should get it or not. I finally have just enough money to buy the vita now and was wondering if i should buy it now or a little later, i probably can't wait for the price drop and the preorder bonus looks inviting too. I don't know what to do

09:59:02 Altered Formula: Yeah Connie's great, If I had the power, I would bestow a 1000 orgasms upon him.

The One and Only

Conn, as I mentioned in the chat earlier, I think it's best to get it later. No harm in getting the Vita after everyone gets it see if it worth spending your money on a pricy handheld. I'm waiting til Christmas to get it for that same reason.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

PRO Member

I really don't see the point in handhelds...
    At home, I use the PS3. If I'm ever on a train (shudders) then I like to zone out and listen to music. Where else would you really use it? Planes... Boats... But how often do you use them to justify spending a huge amount of money, just to waste some time.
    Meh, my opinion.

Local Drunk

Wait and buy it later once they've had a chance to iron out the kinks.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Regional Manager of War

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisValentine View Post
    At home, I use the PS3. If I'm ever on a train (shudders) then I like to zone out and listen to music. Where else would you really use it? Planes... Boats... But how often do you use them to justify spending a huge amount of money, just to waste some time.
    Meh, my opinion.
    same reason why I stopped caring about handhelds, I personally have no use for them. As for my answer wait for a price drop, even the slim model than buy it.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

The Vita is awesome. Its like taking a ps3 on the go lol. The party chat is great. Everything so far is cool.

Kid, not loser

Get it bro, its gonna have games your gonna want to play, the pre-order incentives are very nice and make it more worth it, it will give you a head start. There is also not to much use in waiting for it if your gonna get it eventually, the price wont drop any time soon, and and even if it does the preorder bundles make up for it even if it does have a price drop.

Nope, nothing

I'd buy it later, mainly for what CV said. What came to my mind when I was considering buy it is; There's loads of awesome games coming out for the PS3 in the coming months, I'm going to be spending most of my gaming time on those anyway.

Closing this account

I really don't see the point in handhelds... At home, I use the PS3. If I'm ever on a train (shudders) then I like to zone out and listen to music. Where else would you really use it? Planes... Boats... But how often do you use them to justify spending a huge amount of money, just to waste some time. Meh, my opinion.
    i got to agree here. when i am on a train in tokyo, there is a 90% i will be standing and dropping it will really ruin my day. i like to keep my hands free at all times.

Retired TGT Member

I would've said buy it now, but there's only Uncharted and no other good shooters you'd be interested in. So I say buy it later when Resistance is out and when we see what CoD is going to offer.

Davey brought up a good point -- developers who are smart will allow you to unlock things for use in the PS3 games while playing the Vita games, especially if they set up the Vita game as prequel or a side story.

Oh, did I mention the Vita has trophies?

Lvl 1 - Bronze

IMHO, I'd never buy another handheld.
    If I want to play good games, I want something that I can really get into, that will last a considerable amount of time and still keep me interested as well as looking the part

I really can't see much of a future for sony handhelds after the psp, but this is just my opinion. If you love the type of on the go play then by all means get one, just not for me.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I got it last night and so far I love it. The thing I'm still anxiously awaiting though is the remote play update so that I can play any of my Ps3 games on it too. Then I can play any game in my library from anywhere (provided my wife puts it in the ps3 for me and engages the remote play on the ps3!)

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by antoniosbandana View Post
    I would've said buy it now, but there's only Uncharted and no other good shooters you'd be interested in. So I say buy it later when Resistance is out and when we see what CoD is going to offer.

Davey brought up a good point -- developers who are smart will allow you to unlock things for use in the PS3 games while playing the Vita games, especially if they set up the Vita game as prequel or a side story.

Oh, did I mention the Vita has trophies?
    I agree with this. Right now, there isn't a lot of great games out for the Vita so I'd wait until they have a better library to choose from.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    I agree with this. Right now, there isn't a lot of great games out for the Vita so I'd wait until they have a better library to choose from.
    But by waiting, you fall behind in the trophy count. Gotta stay ahead of the library; I have a long backlog of ps3 games I'll never finish. I say, if there is ONE game worth playing and another will be out by the time you finish it, buy now!

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by DarthPhysicist View Post
    But by waiting, you fall behind in the trophy count. Gotta stay ahead of the library; I have a long backlog of ps3 games I'll never finish. I say, if there is ONE game worth playing and another will be out by the time you finish it, buy now!
    A bronze trophy is a bronze trophy no matter what you earn it on, weather it be from the Vita or PS3. The same applies to the other trophies as well. You admitted to having a long backlog for the PS3 so why not work on that and wait for good games to come out on the Vita. That makes more sense.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by DarthPhysicist View Post
    By waiting you get it for cheaper and when more games are out for it : P

Lvl 9 - Gold

I vote buy it later which I would say for any console. I never buy consoles on release day mainly because of the games. There are never many games to choose from if you get it now but later there will be a larger variety

PRO Member

Honestly, there has not really been a game that has jumped out to me and said "I am too awesome to miss." So I am probably going to wait awhile. Super Star Dust is looking pretty awesome though.

Sig by Bladia

Plats-O'-War!!

Meh, my opinion.
    buddy. I'm the same way. Not knocking those who got a handheld system. But, it's not for me either.

DELTA CUBES, DELTA CUBES!

Yeah a bunch of my friends are all getting Vita's on release day, whenever that is... the 20 something'th I think, and they keep telling me to get it.... but it's a lot of money to spend on something with not many games for it and something I would probably use for a short time then ditch for a while...

I will probably get it eventually anyway because it will entertain me on trips when I dont have my ps3, but not til later on, when there are games that interest me and/or there is a price drop...

I rarely get things on release day for these reasons...
    Avy by DaRe_xLw

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast