Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PS VITA & PS3 crossplatform games only require single purchase

This is a discussion on PS VITA & PS3 crossplatform games only require single purchase within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; http://www.maxvideogaming.com/2012/4...ngle-purchase/ Sony have announced that games bought for the Vita which support Crossplay, (multiplayer gaming between the PS3 and Vita), ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

PS VITA & PS3 crossplatform games only require single purchase

http://www.maxvideogaming.com/2012/4...ngle-purchase/
    Sony have announced that games bought for the Vita which support Crossplay, (multiplayer gaming between the PS3 and Vita), will only need to be purchased once in order to get both platform’s versions.
    According to the PlayStation Blog post, heres how it works:

• When you buy MotorStorm RC you will be able to play it on PS3 and PS Vita at no additional cost.
    • When you buy Hustle Kings and/or Top Darts for PS Vita, you will get the PS3 versions for free. If you already own these games on PS3, you’ll be able to download the PS Vita version for free.
    • If you purchase WipEout 2048 and you already own WipEout HD and the HD Fury DLC on PS3, you will be able to download them for free when they launch on PS Vita later this spring.
    • DLC purchased for the PS3 version of Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 can be used on the PS Vita version for free (and vice versa).

The full list of games supported by Crossplay are MotorStorm RC, Top Darts, Hustle Kings, and the DLC for both WipEout HD/HD Fury for WipEout 2048 and the Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 DLC.
    The press release reads:
    For those who already own any of these titles for their PS3 systems, will be able to download this same content to their PS Vita systems for free, and vice versa. There is no need to pay for the same content twice, highlighting the importance of the relationship between PS3 and PS Vita.”
    Great job Sony. I really hope that the 3rd party developers will adopt this scheme making the PlayStation gaming experience that much more sweeter.

Retired TGT Member

Now THIS is good news

Lvl 3 - Bronze

We just need a better selection of games, maybe even make this compatible for older PS3 games.

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

nice news now i might get a vita someday
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

The Last of Us

Awesome! Every now and again awesome things happen.

~Thanks to DaRe_xLw for t
    he epic sig and avy!~

INTJ

Note: Sony calls this a promo and it's unknown if it continues for future games.

if it does: sony has done something intelligent for once

if it doesn't: Sony wants money

Retired TGT Member

Note: Sony wants money either way. They're a business. They want to make money. That's how it works.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by antoniosbandana View Post
    Note: Sony wants money either way. They're a business. They want to make money. That's how it works.
    yes but they get more money by being nice

see: valve. They make more money per employee than google and apple. They also do the steamplay feature, where you buy a game on pc you get it on mac free, everything included with it.

Lvl 4 - Silver

awesome..I was really curious about this before and I'm glad they shed some light on the subject.

Currently Working On- Borderlands 2 52% Resistance: Burning Skies 40%

Lvl 4 - Silver

Now I KNOW I'm spending some of my insurance money for a Vita.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I think Sony would support it, but it really depends on the developers/publishers to implement and decide to do the one purchase thing.

I don't think Sony could force a game that's on both to be free if you get it on one without the developers/publishers permission nor would they try.

The Last of Us

Quote Originally Posted by Teddified View Post
    I think Sony would support it, but it really depends on the developers/publishers to implement and decide to do the one purchase thing.

I don't think Sony could force a game that's on both to be free if you get it on one without the developers/publishers permission nor would they try.
    Yeah that would be a sketchy kind of thing to deal with for them now that you mention it.
    Never thought of it that way.

~Thanks to DaRe_xLw for t
    he epic sig and avy!~

PRO Member

So does this mean double trophy lists?

Now playing
    EVE ONLINE
    Who needs a life anyway

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by BadWolf2142 View Post
    So does this mean double trophy lists?
    Yes in motorsport r c. 2 platinums for the price of 1 a very cheap 1 hasten to add. Not just that a shared trophy over systems too. The beat 10 friends trophy shared over ps3 and vita. Is unknown about others yet.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I think trophy levels are ruined now. I love trophies but getting two of the same trophy for buying one game? Wow...

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by ScreamAimFire999 View Post
    I think trophy levels are ruined now. I love trophies but getting two of the same trophy for buying one game? Wow...
    You still have to earn it twice, though. People were already doing worse than this with MAG and Demon's Souls, getting the plats from multiple regions. Yes, they were buying multiple copies, but it was still "one game". I don't see the issue here. Someone who wants to plat Wipeout 2048 twice has some serious dedication.

As for the deal, I'm curious about Wipeout. I have HD+Fury on PS3, but this makes it sound like if I don't buy 2048, I won't get to download HD+Fury for free when it launches on the Vita. I wonder if this means the original tracks will simply be DLC for 2048 as opposed to launching as a separate title. Guess I'll have to wait and see.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by ScreamAimFire999 View Post
    I agree it would have made more sense with just one trophy list since it is essentially the same game on two platforms, but ruined? That is being a bit of a drama queen IMO.

There have always been easy plats, so you have to take into consideration if someone has only Hannah Montana, Terminator Salvation, and Pixar movie plats if you want to judge whether they have any credibility as trophy hunters. Besides, in the long run, an easy plat here or a double plat there does not make a big difference. Maybe between, say level 5 and 6 (ahem), but not between higher levels like going from 17 to 18.

Lvl 8 - Gold

At first I was all "YAYYY FREE GAMES"
    But then i remembered I have the Japanese version of Hustler Kings

Kiwi Defender

Nice! That means I'll be able to play WipEout right off the bat if I ever wish to get myself a VITA ! Best thing is most people who'll do that probably got the game for free due to Sony's "We're so sorry" giveaway.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxymoron28 View Post
    At first I was all "YAYYY FREE GAMES"
    But then i remembered I have the Japanese version of Hustler Kings
    Wait, so you can't "re-download" the game and play it on your VITA due to regional differences ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    see: valve. They make more money per employee than google and apple. They also do the steamplay feature, where you buy a game on pc you get it on mac free, everything included with it.
    That's news to me.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Wait, so you can't "re-download" the game and play it on your VITA due to regional differences ?
    Vita only supports on account so I can't use Japanese content on my EU account. Good news is I've used my Vita pre-order pack to get 5£ off Hustle Kings, meaning I get it for the very expensive price of £1.14

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast