Cross-Play Question...

This is a discussion on Cross-Play Question... within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; So how exactly does it work? Do you need to have the game on both PS3 and PSV or can ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Cross-Play Question...

So how exactly does it work? Do you need to have the game on both PS3 and PSV or can u just have it on 1 system? Because this feature is almost worthless if you need it on both systems, because no one wants to waste $40-$60...

Resident PHD

Well cross-platform play lets you play others on PS3. So you don't need to own both but someone else does. There will be games coming our though that use cloud save to allow you to transfer your data from ps3-vita and that only requires one game.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

INTJ

Basically when the Developers arn't greedy And they release a PS Vita and a PS3 Copy of the same game, the game title shares data between both platforms.

If your really lucky and the developer isn't a complete asshole, you can even buy DLC for the game once and experience it on PS3 and Vita without paying twice.

Insantiy mode for developers is Free copy for the other platform if you buy one for another.

wish sony would make cross platform stuff mandatory.

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    wish sony would make cross platform stuff mandatory.
    I believe MS has it in their contract that anything a company does for a ps3 game has to be done for a microsoft game. So because of this Sony fans have to suffer.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

INTJ

so that explains why the street figher x tekken has exclusive characters just for the ps3.

or why toy story 3 has zurg as a exclusive character for the ps3.

or why some ps3 games have complete extra levels or bonuses compared to their 360 counterpart.

sony, make cross platform bonuses mandatory. Advance console gaming like all your fanboys claim you do.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    I believe MS has it in their contract that anything a company does for a ps3 game has to be done for a microsoft game. So because of this Sony fans have to suffer.
    Maybe i'm missing something here but portal you could play with pc user's and ms doesn't have that.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by BUDRACIN View Post
    Maybe i'm missing something here but portal you could play with pc user's and ms doesn't have that.
    oh yea that too.

it's sony's fault if every cross-platform game doesn't get the treatment it deserves. UNLESS they make cross-platform features mandatory.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

True, I'm glad trophies are mandatory but I can't believe they consider things like "Ultimate Controller" Cross Play.