Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The First Uncharted Abyss DLC - A Cheat guide!

This is a discussion on The First Uncharted Abyss DLC - A Cheat guide! within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Ps360 selling something that is useful ingame and selling useless shit are two diffrent things. So it's ...

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    selling something that is useful ingame and selling useless shit are two diffrent things.
    So it's okay to sell useless shit, but not useful shit? I don't get the gripe. It's a buck. It gives you an in-game, optionally selectable treasure map. You don't have to use it. They said exactly what it is. They said exactly what it's used for. Exactly what it covers. In my opinion, for $1, this is totally worth it. If I buy this, now or later, I can still run through the game a couple times and find everything I can on my own. If for some reason there are a few that are giving me trouble, I have an optional in-game guide to where the items I've missed are located. It's in-game, meaning I don't need access to a computer with internet. It shows it on a full graphic of the area map, meaning no one has to spend time and effort taking screenshots of every treasure location in the game just to upload for a treasure/trophy guide.
    This is possibly one of the most useful pieces of DLC, especially for people who hate collectibles, and it's only a dollar. And still, because it's not Valve, you're not okay with it. There's practically no pleasing you.

40oz to freedom

Hey guys lets bitch about a treasure map that costs $1!!!11! woooo

hey lets praise a stupid fuckin ring that costs $100!!!11

Nope, nothing

Kind of defeats the whole name "hidden treasure", but I suppose a guide does too.

The people who will buy this will most likely be the ones who would watch a youtube video for the treasures anyway. $1 isn't a big deal really is it?

Regional Manager of War

Wow I may never get a Vita or this uncharted game but for $1 I get a in game map that saves me the hassle for locating any of the treasures. Sounds like a sweet deal to me

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    $1 isn't a big deal really is it?
    1$ can get you tasty chocolate treats at a gas station or a coke can full of delicious soda.

i rather have a 1$ snack than a 1$ cheat guide. tastier and more rewarding

Nope, nothing

1$ can get you tasty chocolate treats at a gas station or a coke can full of delicious soda.

I understand what you're saying, but if you're going to be collecting the treasures by following a guide on a youtube video, this does make it much easier.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Meh. Not really that great...

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by James_Page View Post
    So why are you okay with Valve doing it?
    Because, atleast based on how I read the staff posts in the forum, they did it as a V-Day joke. My guess is because they are either loveless people or are stupid enough to equate V-Day to a scam (Despite the fact that its been a holiday since the Middle Ages centered around expressions of love).

That whole Diamond ring thing put a very bad taste in my mouth. It was in very poor tastes on all accounts for a joke that is misinformed, spiteful, and not funny.

Valve lost a few points, and if I'm being honest I find the act to be indefensible.

selling something that is useful ingame and selling useless shit are two diffrent things.
    I think thats where most people's gripes are though, that ring IS NOT useful in game, it is useless shit. Its a $100 costume and is no different than if SE/Capcom/etc charged $100 for an in-game costume. Heck, Valve said it was useless.

I also think, and most people are saying, this guide isn't useless shit... Its just available for free on the internet already.

I don't think the viewpoint is that complicated to grasp, nor do I think its particularly wrong. On some level you have to see how everything you are saying about this UC DLC can be said about that Valve item, but the Valve item costs 100x more.

Atleast everything that matters, remember Valve still released the item. I can only take their comments about it being a joke and not wanting people to buy it so seriously when they are still putting the item up for sale.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

Retired TGT Member

Or you could use the guide Bushpig and I are writing, that's free.

http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/sh...s-Trophy-Guide

I already have a full collectibles guide up.

P.S. I can't decide if I'm pissed about this or not. I spent a LOT of time making this damn collectibles guide, and now you can just buy this map for $1 and get everything the easy way? Damnit.

Crocodile Hunter

LOL hahahaha you cant get those for a $1 in Australia

Sig by Apokolypz

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ac3dUd3- View Post
    gas station near me sells candy bars for 25 cents a piece and canned soda for 80 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Gauss View Post
    Atleast everything that matters, remember Valve still released the item. I can only take their comments about it being a joke and not wanting people to buy it so seriously when they are still putting the item up for sale.

I honestly think it's valve's response to people begging them to find a way to be officially married in TF2 because of stuff they did for the portal 2 wedding and such.
    Last edited by Ps360; 02-22-2012 at 12:33 PM.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Ac3dUd3- View Post
    Sucks for you, then lol.

Quote Originally Posted by antoniosbandana View Post
    P.S. I can't decide if I'm pissed about this or not. I spent a LOT of time making this damn collectibles guide, and now you can just buy this map for $1 and get everything the easy way? Damnit.
    Well, it's not like you get mad when someone checks another guide on the internet, do you? It's the same thing here, although this time, the devs (you know, the ones who coded the treasure to be where it is and spent a lot of time doing so) are releasing a guide and are charging you $1 for it.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

In my opinion i bought it but still was no use to me, if its lets say a cheat which is only a guide that means all guides we uses are cheats am i wrong? But in my books i could careless as i plat the game last week some of the trophies they hid in the game i don't know how for the life of me people who didn't use any guide figured them out because geesh, they was really hidden.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12