PSN download limitations on Vita?

This is a discussion on PSN download limitations on Vita? within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; So I picked up my Vita today with Ridger Racer (an included pre-order bonus through Game) which came with DLC ...

PRO Member

PSN download limitations on Vita?

So I picked up my Vita today with Ridger Racer (an included pre-order bonus through Game) which came with DLC and discount codes... extra cars, tracks and BGM for Ridge Racer and a discount for Touch My Katamari + the Vita Pre Order Code (which I haven't used yet).

After downloading about 6 of the 12 bundled items for Rige Racer I started getting the following message:

"Could not download.
    You cannot perform any more downloads now.
    Please wait a while and then try to downloan again."

Not sure if this will happen on PS3 (never had to downloan more than a few items before) but has anyone else come accross this? Anyone know how long "a while" is in PSN terms so I can finish downloading? It's already been about 4 hours since the last download and the same message is still popping up.

Now playing
    EVE ONLINE
    Who needs a life anyway

Lvl 1 - Bronze

The PS3 doesn't do that. When I got mine fixed I had to download everything again. That was like 150 to 200 items of different sizes.

However, the ps3 does have a limit on how many items you can download at one time. It's not based on whats downloading, but what's not installed. Once you install an item you can add another to the download list.

If you are using WiFi I don't see a reason for them to prevent you from downloading stuff. However, if you are using 3G it's possible that you ran out the available bandwidth for the month.

Fight the Future

Are you using 3G or Wi-Fi? If you're using 3G it is very likely that you've capped your data usage for the month so just switch over to Wi-Fi and it should be fine.

Parker