Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Was I the only one who thought remote play worked?

This is a discussion on Was I the only one who thought remote play worked? within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; As soon as they get remote play working I will be right there to buy the vita, until then I ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

As soon as they get remote play working I will be right there to buy the vita, until then I will wait. The main reason for me in owning a vita would be able to play my ps3 games on my vita while my kids watch their tv shows.

Thanks to Djunglist for the great Signature pic!

PRO Member

That was very funny, sony's new motto, hey we can say it can do anything nobody notices it anyways

PRO Member

Still not a word from Sony how depressing they treat us like that after spending so much money.

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by thedevilsminion View Post
    Still not a word from Sony how depressing they treat us like that after spending so much money.
    Sony isn't exactly known for keeping everyone in the loop so to speak which really sucks. I say we form a petition and get Vito72 a job with them.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

PRO Member

I say lets do it !!!!!!!!!!!!!

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    Sony isn't exactly known for keeping everyone in the loop so to speak which really sucks. I say we form a petition and get Vito72 a job with them.
    Yes! Now, if we could get Sony on board.........

Seriously though, has anyone heard any more about this? Seems even the forums have quieted down. Maybe Sony's strategy isn't so crazy...

PRO Member

yeah tell them it will do this when it dosent just act normal like all is cool

PRO Member

Funny thing is, you can still download the remote play promo vid from PSN. So you can watch people promoting KZ3 on Vita, on your Vita. You just can't actually do it.

Lvl 6 - Silver

They probably want you to buy new ps3 games for the vita...

And the hacked or whatever remote play of ps3 games seems laggy so I don't even know if it be worth it.. If they did implement remote play ps3 games it would be a big +1 but they can't make money off it except through Vita sales so my guess is that no remote play ps3 games in future.. Here's to hoping im wrong though!!

PRO Member

You may be right. But if you are, Sony has a big problem on their hands since they have, and still are, promoting the Remote Play of PS3 games. It wouldn't take a brilliant lawyer to make a pretty compelling class action case. So whether they want to or not is irrelevant at this point. They kinda have to get it working.

Lvl 6 - Silver

we need more updates

PRO Member

I was so hoping your post was an update, for some reason the gaming community dosent care about remote play or are so happy with the Vita there over looking this, I dont get it

PRO Member

I have emailed the following letter to every Sony address I can find:

Dear Sony,
    I am writing today in regards to the Remote Play feature on the PS Vita (or lack thereof). I bought my Vita on launch day and overall have been thrilled with it as a device. Technologically speaking, it’s fantastic.

Despite this, I can’t help but feel duped. Prior to purchase, I did a lot of research regarding the features of the Vita. One of the factors that led to me buying it was the ability to Remote Play PS3 games. As you surely know, this feature isn’t functioning at this time.

To add to my frustration, you continue to promote the Remote Play feature as a selling point. How, in good conscience, can you do this?

Right now, I can download a commercial quality, Sony-made promotional video touting the remote play of PS3 games direct from your very own PSN. The 2nd half of the video, PlayStationVita_CrossPlatformPlay-HD1080, shows the Killzone logo and footage of Killzone 3 being played on the Vita while the voice-over says: “And with Remote Play, your PS Vita can tap into your Playstation3. So Playstation 3 games and content are easily accessible on the go.”

As I write this, roughly 3 weeks after the US launch, the feature promoted in that video is not functioning. I most certainly cannot play Killzone 3 on my Vita. The best I can do look at my PS3’s XMB and play a handful of downloaded PS1 games. This is not trade show footage to demonstrate proof of concept, nor is it grainy YouTube video from some hacker’s basement. It is a professionally made promotional video made by YOU with the sole intention of enticing people to buy your product. There is no other way to spin it.

ANYONE with any common sense would watch that video and assume that they could go buy a Vita and play Killzone 3 and other PS3 games remotely on their Vita. It is clearly being used as a selling point. This is, at the very least, false advertising.

I have been a loyal Sony customer for 20 years, the original Discman was the first major purchase I ever made with my “own money.” And I feel duped. Your silence on the matter is what troubles me the most. I would be happy if you just came out and said, “The Remote Play feature isn’t quite ready yet, we’re working to get it up and running ASAP, etc.” Keeping quiet on the matter is insulting to me. I am not an idiot, you can’t just hope I didn’t notice. I did notice. And a lot of other people have noticed too.

You cannot remain silent on this.

PRO Member

I bought a Vita on Friday and I'm happy with it so far but they better get the remote play feature up and running sooner than later.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Now I'm starting to wonder if the guy from the commercial who was playing killzone on the vita was actually hacked.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

One of the most interesting features of the PlayStation 3 is its remote play capability.lol
    Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action.
    playstation 3 controller

PRO Member

Hey Sony were still here remember the people who tried to help you avoid losing 6 billion dollars by buying your products, yes us, maybe give us a low down of this working please

INTJ

just don't buy a vita till there are actual games for it (the current list is horrifying.)

reguardless of a price drop.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

with the games that ARE capable, can you collect the trophies while playing them on the vita instead of the ps3?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12