Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Was I the only one who thought remote play worked?

This is a discussion on Was I the only one who thought remote play worked? within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I don't seem to see a lot of information about future updates or anything on what will happen with this ...

PRO Member

Was I the only one who thought remote play worked?

I don't seem to see a lot of information about future updates or anything on what will happen with this feature, there are a few articles and one specifically where Sony stated Kill Zone 3 and other titles that are programmed for the Vita will be able to play remotely, however it does not work there have been rumours and there are hacked Vitas that are currently using this feature I have seen some video and who knows, but should not have this feature worked like they stated it would ?

If anyone has any links or information about the future of this feature please post them so anyone looking for information on remote play can just find it here or even for me would be appreciated !!!!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

iv tryed remote play and no games work so far i hurd battlefeild 3 worked havent tryed it yet if it dose il let yas know..

PRO Member

Thanks here's the article where a Sony exec stated that Kill Zone 3 was programmed to work with remote play,
    Sony Debunks Vita Remote Play Rumor - PSP News at IGN

PRO Member

The advertisements have started to appear here in the US. Most of them show remote play capabilities, like taking your game from your ps3 to work (playing MLB). I bet if they don't update or fix this issue soon, alot of consumers are going to be pissed. This is the first game system I have bought at launch, and it will definitely be last..I love the Vita but if your on the fence about buying one, just wait until the bugs are worked out...NOT A GOD DAMN PRICE DROP, I'm really tired of hearing price drop this and price drop that. If the system works like it should and they give us everything they have promised then I think Vitas will be flying off the shelves no matter the price. Sorry for the rant, just thought i'd give my 2 cents

Change is mediocre

I don't know why Sony thinks that remote play on handhelds that browse the XMB and nothing else is enough. There might as well not even be a remote play feature. The only game I could ever play on my psp that was for the ps3 was Lair.

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post
    I don't know why Sony thinks that remote play on handhelds that browse the XMB and nothing else is enough. There might as well not even be a remote play feature. The only game I could ever play on my psp that was for the ps3 was Lair.
    It is more than just that though. You can access your PS3 from anywhere in the world allowing you to stream movies music and pictures off of it. You can also do this with your laptop/pc as well. This allows you to not have to wast memory putting that stuff on your vita but will still allow you to use it.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Change is mediocre

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    It is more than just that though. You can access your PS3 from anywhere in the world allowing you to stream movies music and pictures off of it. You can also do this with your laptop/pc as well. This allows you to not have to wast memory putting that stuff on your vita but will still allow you to use it.
    It would be a lot better for a computer. You really could just put the things on your handheld anyway. If Sony were to get the Vita to its full potential (with remote play that has many features, and cross-system trophy viewing) then the Vita would be a bigger hit. I can't wait to get my Vita in the summer.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

At the moment none of the psn games that didn't work on the psp work for me. None of my PS3 disc games that I've tried work. I tried a Mini yesterday morning, but I can't remember if it worked or not. I don't think it did. However, all of my PS1 classics play just fine through remote play. The only thing I don't like is that they do not adapt to the full screen of the vita, and have black bars on either side.

PRO Member

Well its one thing for a bonus feature not to work correctly, its another when you show the world, Look world here is me a japanese developer playing the game Kill Zone 3 through the Vita and you can to once you buy one, I bought one day one, I am so no impressed, I have almost all Sony porducts I have always liked there company yes tvs are a bit pricey but there so innovative this was a huge let down, Please get Remote Play Working

Lvl 2 - Bronze

PSone classics while they dont yet work on the psvita CAN be played through remote play -tested on final fantasy 5 6 7 8 9 and vagrant story-

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Yeah Sony has been advertising about the remote play PS3 to Vita that it seems like they're false advertising it basically. I've tried several PSN games and a PS3 game on it but none of them work. Remote play only works with PS1 games but if it's not on remote play and if it is not under the PS Store (Vita compatible) then it won't work.

Day One

Quote Originally Posted by PS3GAMERMAN View Post
    iv tryed remote play and no games work so far i hurd battlefeild 3 worked havent tryed it yet if it dose il let yas know..
    The only PS3 capables of this were modded, so if you are using the regular and legal PS3, it seems a little impossible for this moment.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I only knew it wasn't working because I watched video blogs and reviews from a guy who lives in Japan and that was one of the things he hit base on.

PRO Member

Yeah Sony really should address this if you ask me I am starting to see more and more complaints and wtf's. So lets cross our fingers a future patch from Sony will fix this, right now my Vita is collecting dust, I need new games.

http://blogs.bettor.com/PlayStation-...locked-a131486

Another article talking about how Kill Zone 3 would be playable through remote play as well as they demonstrated but not announced Little Big Planet as well,

http://psp.ign.com/articles/119/1194597p1.html
    Last edited by thedevilsminion; 02-25-2012 at 02:31 PM.

PRO Member

This was brought up yesterday in Sony's official blog comments section. Sid even responded at one point and basically said it isn't available yet and that Sony has only advertised the Cross-play feature (MLB12) and NOT the remote play feature.

Then someone was keen enough to point out that there was a promo video on Sony's main Vita site that explicitly touted the remote play with footage of KZ3 running on the Vita. There was no way to misinterpret the video. It basically said, "Hey, buy a Vita and you can play your PS3 games remotely!"

Sid didn't have much of a response to this one, saying only that he'd check into it.

As of this morning, that video has been removed from the site......... hmmmm.......

PRO Member

PRO Member

Yes Sony Vice President none the less went on record saying that Kill Zone 3 was programmed for remote play, basically giving the consumer the idea that the game Kill Zone 3 was indeed programmed and that future games would be programmed with this feature what else would we be expected to believe by these articles, and the worst part is Sony is just sitting back not even informing people of whats the situation

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by thedevilsminion View Post
    Sony is just sitting back not even informing people of whats the situation
    This is what bothers me the most. They have no problem showing it off and no problem advertising it, but are completely silent as to why its not implemented. It just doesn't make sense. I love Sony, but they just make me shake my head sometimes (OK, a lot). It seems they constantly have their gun loaded, cocked, ready and aimed directly at their foot.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by vito72 View Post
    I love Sony, but they just make me shake my head sometimes (OK, a lot). It seems they constantly have their gun loaded, cocked, ready and aimed directly at their foot.
    You know I think your right, lets look back a bit ...

PSN goes down how long did it take for Sony to come forward and explain what happened, look hackers are out there if somethings happened let us know right away so we can take our own safety pre cautions. It was down for a long long time before finally Sony admitted they had been hacked and responded so poorly they gave everyone a couple old games that most would have bought by then anyways so that was nice,

Whitney Houston dies Sony ups the price on her songs and albums. Very nice public perception from this.

Seems there was small print of the 3G bundles that made people think they would get a free download and free month of 3G service oh you do sorta first you must buy one month to get one month free, then if you follow through then you get a copy of the game 30 days later,

I mean Sony please stop this behavior. be upfront if somethings not working explain what we can expect enough of the bullshit

PRO Member

I think Sony should hire me to be their Customer Relations Consultant in Times of Crisis.

Here are some examples where my invented job position would've been valuable and saved the company a lot of headaches and bad press:

Boss: "Shit, the PSN has been hacked! What do we do?? Let's try to keep it a secret, maybe nobody will notice."
    Me: "OR, we could release a statement saying the PSN has been hacked."

Boss: "Shit, even though we've promoted the hell out of it, remote play isn't ready yet! What do we do?? Let's try to keep it a secret, maybe nobody will notice."
    Me: "OR, we could release a statement saying remote play isn't ready yet."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast