Regarding Activation of two accounts

This is a discussion on Regarding Activation of two accounts within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; " Q: If you buy download content for PS Vita, up to how many systems can you copy it to? ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Regarding Activation of two accounts

"Q: If you buy download content for PS Vita, up to how many systems can you copy it to?
    A: Users can activate two portable systems (either two PSPs, two PS Vitas, or one PSP and one PS Vita) to their PSN account."
    Source: PS Vita: The Ultimate FAQ – PlayStation Blog

So, I'm a bit confused here. It says that PS Vita can be activated twice on the same account (according to the statement above). I've tried logging into my girlfriend's Vita using my account so she can download whatever game I have (hence gamesharing) but I'm being restricted because it says I have to log in using the account that is registered on the system. So... does that mean I have to restore the Vita my girlfriend has and make the system register under my account and then download the game? Even if I do download the game and then go back to my girlfriend's account (I would then have to do restore again), isn't that kinda useless because the game is linked under my account and the Vita only recognizes one account AND the memory card is linked to one account?

Someone clarify this please. I thought it'd be simpler but Sony made it harder :/
    I just want a game I bought be played with two different accounts in two different Vitas but I can't find a way other than putting BOTH of my accounts in BOTH of the Vitas (kinda beats the point of Trophies)

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Short answer: Sony indeed made it harder to gameshare. Of course.

On the Vita, your PSN account is tied to the memory card, not the console. So whatever games you have bought on your PSN account only work if you use your memory card in the Vita, and vice versa for your girlfriend. So, basically, what you are looking to do is impossible.

Retired TGT Member

Yeah it is a dumb restriction. It basically means that if you have two Vitas, you can have your game on both, but no more. So if you have one but your brother who lives far away has one and FOR SOME REASON you want to play on his Vita, you can use your account, your (other) memory card, and download the game to his Vita. But the Vita is portable, so you would never do that.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

wow... that's seriously dumb and pretty annoying. So basically it's not possible and I'll have to use two of the same account in order for my girlfriend to play the game i downloaded which means she will not be able to get trophies D;

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Or, you know, she could just buy the games herself.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

i have a question...............how many psn accounts can we use in the ps vita??? cause my wife and kids also play beside me and we would like to know before getting a ps vita system!! PLEASE HELP!!!

Revelations 19:16

Quote Originally Posted by ferchuco1980 View Post
    i have a question...............how many psn accounts can we use in the ps vita??? cause my wife and kids also play beside me and we would like to know before getting a ps vita system!! PLEASE HELP!!!
    Lol wow...did you even read this forum topic or the other posts???
    "The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering."

Lvl 3 - Bronze

For ferchuco's comment, I would really suggest you read whatever was said in this thread rather than post a question in someone else's thread. Thanks

Game Forum Managers

Quote Originally Posted by TJOHO! View Post
    Or, you know, she could just buy the games herself.
    I agree with the author, when you ahve numerous people with numerous system's in one house it can get quite expensive to buy two copies of every game they both want to play, its like saying instead why not charge 120 dollars a title, would you pay that much?

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Broken View Post
    I agree with the author, when you have numerous people with numerous system's in one house it can get quite expensive to buy two copies of every game they both want to play, its like saying instead why not charge 120 dollars a title, would you pay that much?
    Unfortunately not EVERYONE has the luxury to buy multiple games just so that each one can play. It's freaking stupid right? It's really frustrating me since I can't play with my girlfriend unless I buy two of the same games... Ugh.

The One and Only

Damn, Sony's really trying to stop gamesharing aren't they?

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist back in contruction!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop with knuckle and Bladia, currently taking requests!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw View Post
    Damn, Sony's really trying to stop gamesharing aren't they?
    yah, they implemented this awhile back. but if u use the same account, you can still do GS'ing for 2 vitas.
    August 2011 Trophy Competition Winner

The One and Only

Quote Originally Posted by Minarum View Post
    yah, they implemented this awhile back. but if u use the same account, you can still do GS'ing for 2 vitas.
    Meh, I don't gameshare, but I do find it interesting how much effort they're putting in preventing it.

DaRe's Journey of Art

DaRe's Adventures v5.20

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw View Post
    Meh, I don't gameshare, but I do find it interesting how much effort they're putting in preventing it.
    on the flip side, it was a great service while they offered it. 5 ps3's, 5 psp's tied to the account. It's amazing it lasted as long as it did. But too many people abused it while not actually owning all 5 ps3's and GS'ing with their friends.

It hurts us legit people, but It's better for the developers all around.

The One and Only

It hurts us legit people, but It's better for the developers all around.
    Yeah, that's why I wouldn't really complain about it, especially since I only really use one account anyway.

DaRe's Journey of Art

DaRe's Adventures v5.20

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

hi guys i tryed to put motorstorm rc on 3 ps3 users and wouldnt let me just 2 shares alowed on vita games dohhh ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Yeah, that's true but that also means one of the double accounts won't be able to log in to PSN and use the services. I can gameshare alright but it's pointless without having another active account, lol.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Satiety View Post
    Yeah, that's true but that also means one of the double accounts won't be able to log in to PSN and use the services. I can gameshare alright but it's pointless without having another active account, lol.
    Again, on the flipside. Most/all of those games can be played using Adhoc which you and your friend can play together easily with 1 purchase of a game. Now if you are trying to play online, different story and I understand completely. I'll be tying both of my Vita's to my main account so I can get the most out of my DD copies, and so my gf and I can play without spending double.