Question about PSP compatible games

This is a discussion on Question about PSP compatible games within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I know they said there will be a lot of games that will be compatible with the Vita but how ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Question about PSP compatible games

I know they said there will be a lot of games that will be compatible with the Vita but how about games like GTA Vice City Stories, Socom, etc. Would games like those eventually be compatible. I just don't want a whole bunch of games I've already bought on my account to be wasted. NOTE: I bought those games when I had a PSP GO still

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Jeeto View Post
    I know they said there will be a lot of games that will be compatible with the Vita but how about games like GTA Vice City Stories, Socom, etc. Would games like those eventually be compatible. I just don't want a whole bunch of games I've already bought on my account to be wasted. NOTE: I bought those games when I had a PSP GO still
    ON EU Vita's Vice City Stories is available on the store for the Vita now, I dunno if it is in America same with Socom.

Seems that list they released a while back was just thrown away and they went ahead and published most games really.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Oxymoron28 View Post
    ON EU Vita's Vice City Stories is available on the store for the Vita now, I dunno if it is in America same with Socom.

Seems that list they released a while back was just thrown away and they went ahead and published most games really.
    So what you're saying is they're just going to make most games compatible?

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Jeeto View Post
    So what you're saying is they're just going to make most games compatible?
    Nah I mean they released a list of games saying that they were compatible at launch, but there are quite a few compatible games that don't appear on that list. Best way to find out if a game works is to check the store on the vita for PSP games, but even then sometimes they'll still work if you just copy them from your PS3 to vita.

It's a trial an error sort of thing, but with Vice City Stories, I have it working on my Vita.