Next Vita should be a phone...

This is a discussion on Next Vita should be a phone... within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; The next PlayStation Vita can, and should, be a phone | Crave - CNET This guy brings up some good ...

DON'T BLINK

Next Vita should be a phone...

The next PlayStation Vita can, and should, be a phone | Crave - CNET

This guy brings up some good points. Thoughts?

Legendary...Nuff Said

I think if you want a phone version of the Vita, then go out and buy the Sony Xperia Play, because that's as close as you'll get to it.

Mobile gaming is great, but if anyone wants games on their phone, then they'll just go out and buy an iPhone.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Big Boss

Sony should stick to making game consoles only and tvs, not by making an all in one device and compete with the iphone it won't win against the causal audience.

09:59:02 Altered Formula: Yeah Connie's great, If I had the power, I would bestow a 1000 orgasms upon him.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    I think if you want a phone version of the Vita, then go out and buy the Sony Xperia Play, because that's as close as you'll get to it.

Mobile gaming is great, but if anyone wants games on their phone, then they'll just go out and buy an iPhone.
    Or an Android. But, you're right Xperia Play is as close as they'll get and I'd like to add I don't think Sony would waste time on something that won't appeal to most of their audience.

Check Those Corners

Yeah get an Experia Play or Andrioid. Besides, you know they will make a Vita Slim or Vita 2000 or something in 9 months anyways. The Vita price in a year will probably be dropped by a big amount.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

It could be. The 3G has a phone number available. A text messaging app would be cool.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by ScreamAimFire999 View Post
    It could be. The 3G has a phone number available. A text messaging app would be cool.
    I'm sure that's what they'd rather do. Much easier to make the VITA (which is a handheld gaming console) have some apps that transform it into a semi-phone than having a phone with handheld-like capabilities. It's a much safer bet to play and you ain't going to war against Samsung and their cohorts just to get horribly owned.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

PRO Member

It won't be long now before Sony or someone else releases some sort of App that allows you to make phone calls or text through the VITA. I mean you can text through a wifi ipod so why not through a 3G gaming system.

It's still new, give it a bit more time, it will happen, I can almost guarantee it lol

PRO Member

Skype App = Call ppl.

Vita Support Text, so just need a app.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I don't have a vita, nor do I have any intention of getting one, but according to IGN, you can already recieve text messages on the vita...

source:

So it's probably only a matter of time before it incorporates some sort of phone...
    PSN ID: nookie_egg [GMT]
    Feel free to add me if you want, just send me a message that you're from here and what you are interested in boosting if necessary BUT PLEASE, NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
    Boosting online trophies of:
    NFS THE RUN [co-op], BIOSHOCK 2 [level 40]
    Thanks to EVERYONE who helps boosting sessions!
    [

Lvl 3 - Bronze

i just larf at people playing phone games chicks... normally do ...lol yer turning your vita in to a phone would be silly as if you already want to you could Skype Tex chat vid chat on line any way if Sony lets us ever watch vid on the vita's... lol but yer i think we all should ditch our phones ..they are a trap for the big company's to rinse ya pingers...